Sirius XM to Buy Pandora in $3.5 Billion Deal

Damn. I listen to Pandora.

I guess “free” will get worse or go away.

“All stock deal.” Kinda costs them nothing. No hit to cash flow. I wonder why Pandora went for it.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: whitewolf8214
In my vehicle, I use Pandora most of the time only because of Spotify & iHeart Radio not getting along (Buggy) with CarPlay (Ford-Sync3) as good as Pandora does...Looks like my Free Radio is heading back to FM/AM.

The deal does have a Go-Shop Clause. Hopefully, someone else outbids SiriusXM!

I wonder if this means that we will finally get a SiriusXM app on our Dish receivers. :biggrin
Nope.

And no benefits for SiriusXM Customers or Pandora customers... its going to be business as usual going forward.

My understanding is this will help bring SiruxXM's online music licensing costs down.

Damn. I listen to Pandora.

I guess “free” will get worse or go away.

“All stock deal.” Kinda costs them nothing. No hit to cash flow. I wonder why Pandora went for it.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
Lots of alternatives...I prefer slacker...slacker used to have their own hardware but strictly software now

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Amazon Music made me forget I even have Pandora
Ditto. If one uses all that is available through their Prime program, it's a heck of a deal.

All week I have heard complaints about the Emmys being awarded to streaming shows and so have "winners" that many people cannot easily see. Since I am a Prime member, I saw the Best Comedy winner, "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel".

Dont look for any real changes in either service with this deal.

The deal was done to save SiriusXM on online streaming licensing.

Think of it as buying in bulk, the more you buy the more you save.

That is the stated reason but there is a lot of speculation about how SiriusXM may be planning to change Pandora somewhat-----and borrow some aspects of Pandora for their service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)