Smoking Meat?

Upon reflection I think unloading the Oklahoma Joe by myself could be why I have Sciatica now... Now that it's cooling off I need to fire it up. (something about 100's and high 90's the last few months made it take a back burner)
I doubt that’s it.

I used to run five miles a morning carrying mine.

Maybe you just aren’t tough sir. Idk.

I’m not saying it, but some people may be?

• Haha
Reactions: dfergie
Cooked a 4 lb pork butt 4 hours in the Oklahoma Joe Bronco between 225 and 250F.
Internal temps 162 & 165, brought in, sliced and shredded in food processor.
Crisped in air fryer at 450 for 2 minutes.
Had pretty good bark so didn't add any BBQ sauce to, has good flavor and makes good sandwiches.
Dogs give it 2 paws up...

Reactions: Ronnie- and Bobby
Almost forgot, used mesquite chunks and a couple small pecan branches on top of briquets.
Salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, a little bit of slap ya' mama and smoke flavoring for the rub.
I have it's twin I was going to make sausage out of, might apply rub and cook it tomorrow a. little lower and slower.

I cook until 199 interior temp, or more, generally around 19 hours. Generally use applewood. But I have a bunch of maple from trimming, so that’s a thought.

Surprised you crisp it.

Cooked a 4 lb pork butt about 4 hours in the Oklahoma Joe Bronco between 250F and 270 (choked off till dropped).
Used mesquite chunks and some small pecan branches mixed in with briquets.
Salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, a little bit of slap ya' mama, green chile powder and smoke flavoring for the rub.
Added BBQ sauce and wrapped at 160F. (temp started dropping, added more briquets) and finished off as temps came back up.
Internal temps 162 & 165, brought in, sliced and shredded in food processor.
Crisped in air fryer at 450 for 3 minutes, mixed up and repeated 3 times.

Reactions: navychop
Final product
IMG_4076.jpeg