So how close was the dvr to debuting?

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
I kept hearing it was close, but HOW CLOSE!

Sean has made mention that the 2 satellite STB firmware was just about done and they were ready to send down the firmware upgrade and upgrade dishes.

The dvr was right after that, so, are there a stack of these things in a warehouse somewhere to be crushed?

Personally I don't think the DVR ever existed. Voom had been promising them and other things for so long and not delivering. I think they were blowing smoke in a effort to keep subcribers and to gain new ones. It was things like this that led to their demise.

they also demonstrated it at the year befores CES !!!!!!!! hmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

cidbozek said:
they also demonstrated it at the year befores CES !!!!!!!! hmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!
Wrong that one was running on a computer the year before, this year they had the real thing. ASk Scott G he saw it.

could you see behind the wall? as to where all the wires really went? just wondering!!! not trying to cause trouble just have my doubts about the whole dvr thing!

cidbozek said:
could you see behind the wall? as to where all the wires really went? just wondering!!! not trying to cause trouble just have my doubts about the whole dvr thing!
Yes you are. You are trolling. Ask Scott

I watched the video, so yes i know scott seen the unit, but ! its doesnt matter what i say its just my opinion ! ive seen things in my life that appear to be the real deal, but then you find out later that it was just smoke and mirrors! so plz dont get all worked up, im not trolling, just stating my opinion! nothing more and nothing less!!!

When I got installed last November, my install guy said he had just installed a VOOM beta test DVR at one of the "big shot" Voom employees houses in San Antonio. I don't know what motivation he would have to lie about it, he seemed like a straight shooter (even though he was from Installs Inc, good install, showed up right on time.)

Do you think VOOM will release the DVR, let us have it for 2 days then pry it from our cold dead hands? Hehehehehehe.

I think if VOOM would have survived we would have seen the DVR before Christmas :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts