SOAK: Enigma2 set-top box channel editor software thread

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Download and install this, then set it to your Mio's or other E2 receivers IP address. It's a channel editor.

You can download, edit, and re-upload your channel lists really quick. Probably a lot more. I'm not 100% positive on everything with it as of yet (so can't answer many questions) as I only got it last night from Brian telling me about it when I asked, but even so I bumbled through it and cleaned up almost 3,000 channels in about 1/2 hour!

There's a Windows version and a Mac version for sure. If you've never had it before, you want the "COMPLETE" install. The page is in German, but the software itself loaded all in English for me. Bonus, it recognized I'm running 64bit mode, and loaded that version. It does Telnet and FTP.

Really sweet!

dreamboxEDIT 7.2.1.0 Update – dreamboxEDIT

Any tips, instructions, etc any of us have on this one (or maybe even other editors) can be placed in this thread. I'm really hoping we all share more info out in the open about these various nifty tools and tricks and such as we learn them.

Speaking of editing channels, if the radio pid's are added manually on 103w ku might want to add a new Satellite to the Satellite xml file.Name it something like Radio 103w ku band at position 1029 or 1032 and never scan that satellite or clear before scan or the channels will be lost.

Speaking of editing channels, if the radio pid's are added manually on 103w ku might want to add a new Satellite to the Satellite xml file.Name it something like Radio 103w ku band at position 1029 or 1032 and never scan that satellite or clear before scan or the channels will be lost.
That is an excellent idea!

In case you just want to do some channel editing fairly quickly, but NOT with the remote, and NOT with dreamboxEdit or another FTP type channel editing program, you can just type the IP address of your E2 receiver in your browser which will open the WebIF screen. Then in the bottom left-hand side of the screen click on "BouquetEditor". It'll open that up on the right side of the screen window, and you can create/edit/delete/move radio or tv channels to any Bouquet list you want to.

New Bouquet lists you create appear in the upper right-hand window. Once you make one, click on it to highlight it. Then click on a satellite in the upper left-hand window. Its channels will fill out on the bottom left-hand window. You can then highlight the channels you want, then click on the bottom link "Add channel(s) to Bouquet". They will copy over into the channel bouquet you created and previously highlighted in the upper right-hand window. After I got done, I clicked on "Reload" right above that set of Bouquet lists, and they refreshed on the receiver itself.

I figured out the basics fairly quickly, so nobody should find it too hard to figure out. Once again, if you discover any tips, feel free to share them! Do NOT assume that anybody knows how to do any of this, or feel embarrassed to share any particular bit of info you might want, as long as YOU think it's relevant, go for it!

Reactions: N0QBH
Has anybody experienced the phenomena of channels renaming themselves spontaneously from the names I custom set, back to just the transponder frequency/sid/etc name?

I was on 99w FETV, went into userbouquets, hit the BLUE key for Favorites, and went into the satellite list for 99w, and the channels WSJX, WNBC, and KTLS ThisTV out of the blue while I was watching, suddenly renamed themselves back to 3827H sid(whatever in turn) all by themselves!

This was after I had peaked and reset the positioner position 1 click West, BUT, I did not run a scan or anything like that afterwards. So it beats me how this did it all by itself, but it isn't the first time, though I thought I made a mistake and caused it myself before. This time I did nothing, and it did it by itself.

Almost as if it ran a satellite scan automatically or something.

When I wriite My channels with dreamset, The Channels need to be renamed with the remote. I can't rename them with dreamset. they change back to the original name.

Reactions: primestar31
In the sat list they will not be renamed but in the bouquet they should stay renamed.

Exactly. Somehow they changed in my Favorites user bouquet to match what they are in the original satellite list, which is the transponder/sid name. In my Favorites lists, I have favorites all saved with the individual satellite names/positions. When you click on one of those, it goes into that list with my channels I put there, and in some cases renamed. Those channels renamed themselves somehow as I was in the list, about to click on a different channel.

Really odd, but happened while I was watching this time. I did not have dreamboxEDIT running or open on my pc at the time either. I'm still running the NA SatDreamGR RC version that El Bandido gave me.

I'll watch it and see what happens in the future. Maybe this was just some sort of weird fluke.

Reactions: SDA_FL_USA
I have channels in favourites disappear (say N/A) some times because I did clear before scan and they either did not get rescanned in or they were found on a slightly different frequency but never seen that happen. weird

Has anybody experienced the phenomena of channels renaming themselves spontaneously from the names I custom set, back to just the transponder frequency/sid/etc name?

I was on 99w FETV, went into userbouquets, hit the BLUE key for Favorites, and went into the satellite list for 99w, and the channels WSJX, WNBC, and KTLS ThisTV out of the blue while I was watching, suddenly renamed themselves back to 3827H sid(whatever in turn) all by themselves!

This was after I had peaked and reset the positioner position 1 click West, BUT, I did not run a scan or anything like that afterwards. So it beats me how this did it all by itself, but it isn't the first time, though I thought I made a mistake and caused it myself before. This time I did nothing, and it did it by itself.

Out of curiosity why is WNBC up with a 720p feed when it is 1080i channel? Puerto Rico?

I made a backup copy of the directories containing the DreamBoxEdit files so if I upload a config from the box they won't get overwritten. If, by mistake, I do a blind scan on 103 and clobber the radio channels, I can open the backup, select all the 103 radio channels, copy them, open the main configuration files, and paste the channels back in. This has saved me a couple of times already.

I made a backup copy of the directories containing the DreamBoxEdit files so if I upload a config from the box they won't get overwritten. If, by mistake, I do a blind scan on 103 and clobber the radio channels, I can open the backup, select all the 103 radio channels, copy them, open the main configuration files, and paste the channels back in. This has saved me a couple of times already.
You could also backup the system settings in software management and then if the channels get deleted just restore the settings.

Reactions: Titanium

If I understand you correctly, I have experienced this in the past?
I have used pretty much every enigma2 image at one time or another, and when I began several years back I had this problem regularly.
Then listening to the guidance of another, I started setting up all my images with setting the "Disable background scanning" to "Yes"
It's found in most images, if not all images. Currently just now looking in OpenDroid image it.s at:
Menu/Setup/User Interface/Customize - Disable background scanning = Yes
If you change the default "No" to "Yes"
It should stop changing the names?
GOOD LUCK !!!!

In NA SatDreamGR, it's located in:

Menu/Setup/System/Customize and it was turned OFF by default. I have now turned it ON, and hit the green button to SAVE.

These are exactly the kind of help tips I was hoping would get posted!

Thank you! Now I know I wasn't imagining things, LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)