Soft release (Now National) of DVR Scheduler on DirecTV today

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Remote Booking Using DVR Scheduler Now Available

DVR Scheduler is now available on the Web and via Mobile for customers with an eligible receiver DVR.
To Access this go to http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=P4400046 for more information
or
you can visit the directv.com/tvlistings, click on a title in the guide and then select to record a program.

I set it to record Pens vs. Lightning, we'll see if it works. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't allow you to pad the end of the show. I always add an hour extra on sports shows in case it goes longer than scheduled.
---------------------
I think you might be able to pad a recording using the mobile version of the
scheduler...it gives you the option of a manual recording and start/end times..
see Scott's post for the mobile URL...

Beautiful! I was wondering if it is worth crawing behind my cabinet to figure out how to hard wire my future HR box to the router, D* anticipated one ahead of me:)

But what in the world they did not include HR21?

They WILL include the HR21's .... just not yet.

You do NOT need the unit to be connected to the router for the DVR Scheduler, that is done over the datastream, at least thats what the lady in the video said.

Can any one verify this for certian, before he rewires his system ?

Jimbo

They WILL include the HR21's .... just not yet.

You do NOT need the unit to be connected to the router for the DVR Scheduler, that is done over the datastream, at least thats what the lady in the video said.

Can any one verify this for certian, before he rewires his system ?

Jimbo

Just tried it on my HR20 - it was already in the DVR before I could even walk out to the TV to check it. (30 secs max!) WOW!
Now, when they get the Tivo's done (since I still have 4 of them) it'll REALLY be fricken awsome!!!

The only problem they need to fix is - on the local channels, they need to make the HD/SD's duplicate listings match the EPG on the receivers; that is, they need to differentiate between the SD & HD locals. (eg: WBBM SD is listed as "CH2", while WBBM HD is listed as "WBBM") I know the HD feeds always come first, but I could it being easy to forget when you're using this on-line guide - particularly for SD DVR users, since if you attempt to record an HD ch to an SD box, it'll just fail. ;)

I set it to record Pens vs. Lightning, we'll see if it works. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't allow you to pad the end of the show. I always add an hour extra on sports shows in case it goes longer than scheduled.

Padding the show will come in a future upgrade, it was mentioned in the video, they wanted to get this out and running first.

Jimbo

Just tried it on my HR20 - it was already in the DVR before I could even walk out to the TV to check it. (30 secs max!) WOW!
Now, when they get the Tivo's done (since I still have 4 of them) it'll REALLY be fricken awsome!!!

The only problem they need to fix is - on the local channels, they need to make the HD/SD's duplicate listings match the EPG on the receivers; that is, they need to differentiate between the SD & HD locals. (eg: WBBM SD is listed as "CH2", while WBBM HD is listed as "WBBM") I know the HD feeds always come first, but I could it being easy to forget when you're using this on-line guide - particularly for SD DVR users, since if you attempt to record an HD ch to an SD box, it'll just fail. ;)

Don't forget, you should be able to Hide the SD channels if you want, that way the HD channel will be the only one that shows up, no more confusion as to which channel to record.

Jimbo

Don't forget, you should be able to Hide the SD channels if you want, that way the HD channel will be the only one that shows up, no more confusion as to which channel to record.

You CAN'T hide ANY channels in the on-line guide - again, I imagine if a sub tries to record an HD ch to their SD ONLY DVR(s), it's gonna fail. ;) ;)

You CAN'T hide ANY channels in the on-line guide - again, I imagine if a sub tries to record an HD ch to their SD ONLY DVR(s), it's gonna fail. ;) ;)

I agree, but if your the one doing the recording , you would already know to tell it to record the HD channel instead of the SD one.

On the unit itself you can tell it to only show the HD channel.

Jimbo

I don't think you're getting it!

I agree, but if your the one doing the recording , you would already know to tell it to record the HD channel instead of the SD one.

HOW do you do such a thing on an R15, which is what I've been talking about the WHOLE time - I am NOT talking about the HD boxes at all!

On the unit itself you can tell it to only show the HD channel.

Again, I am talking about THE NON-HD DVR'S/R15's

And again, I'll ask for the last time - HOW would a non-HD sub realize the difference between the TWO locals listing in the ON-LINE guide? Most likely, they would have NO idea the HD feed is first & the the SD (THEIR) feed is 2nd. And most likely, they would probably click on the first listing (the HD feed) in the on-line guide, WHICH IS PROBABLY GOING TO FAIL WHEN IT'S SENT TO R15's - get it??? :confused: :eek:
Or, are the HD locals automatically excluded from the on-line guide for non-HD subs - since I DO have HD, I can't answer that question.

I note that when using the Mobile scheduler,
if you use "search for shows" if you search for network names i.e. fox, nbc etc. it returns both the H/D version and the regular one...have not tried it yet to see if this will let you select the version you want, but it should work??
(search for shows/channel nbr(fox, nbc etc)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts