Software Release Notes: HR20 / HR21 / HR22 / R22 Verison 0x0290

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Disk Space

I'm new here but bear with me. Since my HR21 upgraded to 0290 my disk space has plummeted. In fact it deleted a few shows. I went through and set all of my recordings to "keep" but the amount of space my recordings take up amount to maybe 25%. My disk has 17% available but almost all of that is due to the Movies Now tab. Is there any way to get rid of these items? With all of the items that are on there now I actually lost "300" before I could watch it. It seems that the Movies Now tab actually takes precedent over shows that I've recorded. So I'm wondering if I set all of my recordings to "keep" will some not record since the stupid Movies Now tab is full of flotsam that DirecTV uploaded after the 0290 update. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Update: It appears that the disk space issue fixed itself once I did a reset on the system. I don't know if it was some download fragment that was still there or something else but now I have 70% free space.

Last edited:
Another new feature (or updated) is now the hr21-100 receiver now matches the hr21-700 signal strength readings. I think there was a problem where the 100
receiver showed a lower signal strength as compared to a higher reading from the
700 receiver. Now both models match a show a higher number reading...rolou21.

What? I never knew this. I was getting signal strength in the upper 70s and low 80s, some people were saying I needed a re alignment. Since this update, my signals are in the upper 90s! I posted my signals a while back and got feedback saying I should get a re alignment. Glad I didn't call to have that done.

I have a HR20-700. Has anyone else experienced an empty to do list? My records still happen, they still show that they will record in the guide but the to do list shows nothing and says 0 scheduled. In the manage recording settings, it show the correct summary of how many shows are scheduled, if I go into the prioritizer for scheduled series it shows this correctly just the to do list has nothing.

Tuner issue

Hr20 here and got the update last night. Now the tuner can only watch and view only on one tuner. When I unplug either coaxial cable and reconnect either cable one at a time I get a good picture with sound. Cables are good. But after several reboot attempts and tests it still will show only tuner 1.

Anyone else having this problem??:mad:

I am having the same issue, I tried rebooting a couple of times, I can't record one show while watching another (gotta love up-dates).

Pjm - try unplugging the receiver (both sat cables and power) for about a half hour. If after that there is still a tuner failing, you'll need to call tech support, they'll probably need to replace your receiver.

Tuner issue

Pjm - try unplugging the receiver (both sat cables and power) for about a half hour. If after that there is still a tuner failing, you'll need to call tech support, they'll probably need to replace your receiver.

Jason I tried your suggestion last night and it worked like a champ, everything is now back to normal

Thanks

That was one bad software release. HR20-100. Took several reboots and finally a hard reboot to get my 2nd tuner to function again, lost all of my recordings and to do list. Glad it didn't mess up my external HD from functioning. I hope they don't release anything like that again. Lame.

Paul, the software has been out for 10 days now. What do you mean turning into a brick? Your receiver doesn't even boot?

If it just started today or last night, it probably isn't directly related to the software release.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)