Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
There was a new release started overnight 11/7 for the HR2x / R22 receiver line.

The release notes are the exact same as the previous release a few weeks ago. The only things changed in the past couple weeks were Stability improvements.

Here are the notes of changes for this version:

The Changes including 0290 and 029B:

New Features
  • Play DVR recorded programs from your PC using DIRECTV2PC
  • PREV button to switch between two playback programs
  • New Song Title screen-saver to XM channels
  • Unsubscribed channels are colorized as ‘unsubscribed’ in guide
  • Customer confirmation when booking a recording on an unsubscribed channel
  • UI Polishing
  • Configures Cisco Wireless Bridge models WGA600N if those models are plugged directly into HR2x’s Ethernet port.
  • 1080p/24 support
  • Softpad
  • More actors are displayed and searched per program
  • Can rewind after seeing Keep/Delete OSD at end of playback
  • Another way to skip to tick. While rewinding or fast-forwarding a program, the customer can now simply press the REPLAY and JUMP keys to jump through a program without needing to press and hold these keys.

Improvements
  • Lipsync audio robustness
  • Recording tip display from the prioritizer
  • Searching allows matches on words with colons and commas and other symbol punctuation
  • Guide Navigation Speed
  • Stability

Anyone lose any recordings? I got 2 PM's from members saying all their recordings were gone.

Mine updated fine though.

I thought the last software gave us 1080p/24 support.

HR21-100: Some recordings now play with no sound. I tried changing my Dolby Digital settings but it didn't change. A reboot didn't matter either.

Hi, this new software upgrade messed up my guide. As you advance to future days more and more of the scheduled programs are missing. Says things like to be announced, or they are just blank.

Called DT tech support, they reported it and said wait until an engineer looks at the issue. SOme of the missing upcoming programs returned but not all. AM I the only one that this happened to? Thanks for any comments

In addition to some without sound, when trying to play a recording of the Broncos game from the other night, I get an error "searching for authorized content" and a gray screen.

i've lost optical audio on one of my hr20's and hdmi on the other. problem not fixed with reboot or numerous other cables. anyone else having similar problems since last software update?

Hi, this new software upgrade messed up my guide. As you advance to future days more and more of the scheduled programs are missing. Says things like to be announced, or they are just blank.

Called DT tech support, they reported it and said wait until an engineer looks at the issue. SOme of the missing upcoming programs returned but not all. AM I the only one that this happened to? Thanks for any comments

WELCOME to Satelliteguys

After an update, it can often take 24 hours or so to re-download the entire guide.

If you're still having a problem in another day or so, let us know.

In addition to some without sound, when trying to play a recording of the Broncos game from the other night, I get an error "searching for authorized content" and a gray screen.

They had authorization issues with channel 212 NFL Net last night. They were fixed during the game, but came up several times during it.

Unfortunately it affected many people, across all receivers. It was not related to the software release though.

Anyone lose any recordings? I got 2 PM's from members saying all their recordings were gone.

Mine updated fine though.

Out of my 3 HR2x, one of them experienced a data coruption and formatted the entire drive. So I guess you could say I lost some recordings :mad:

The other two updated overnight Friday with no issues.

Jason, didn't the "Support for up to 8 remote controls IR codes (instead of 2)" make it into the 0x029B release?

I just bought a Slingbox Pro HD and can't get it to work with the AV1 00003 code on my second HR20 either. Slingbox support has been useless as they blame it on DirecTV so I was excited to see your posts about getting it working with an upcoming release. If it didn't make it into 29B, guess I lost out on the CE window. I'm about ready to return the Slingbox because if that's how they're going to support their products, I don't want the next issue I'll come across to not have any possible workaround.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts