Software Version S342 is here

The HWS that I got in July was updated in the first round for 338 & 342, that's not really a "new" Hopper. My older one is usually over a week later. Just noticed the "100% watched" bug is still there on programs recorded today. So far not seeing what's been fixed.
I'm interested if you're having a different experience, but over the three days of having S342 with my early morning viewing habits, one thing I've noticed involves the update message interfering every hour and half hour if I cancelled it, whether recording or not. It now seems to wait until 3:28 to ask, which unfortunately isn't a good time either since it catches me in between recording shows, but it's still an improvement in getting back to how updates used to behave.

Last edited:
Last night when I turned my HWS off at 10PM, a logo popped up that said "s338 is the current software version. Your guide is 40% downloaded." Anyone else seen this. This morning, I still have S338 software.

Last night when I turned my HWS off at 10PM, a logo popped up that said "s338 is the current software version. Your guide is 40% downloaded." Anyone else seen this. This morning, I still have S338 software.

I have had that a few times!!! :)

Yes, I see that quite often. It is just your present software version and the guide happens to be updating. The quide seems to update when ever it wants too.

I'm interested if you're having a different experience, but over the three days of having S342 with my early morning viewing habits, one thing I've noticed involves the update message interfering every hour and half hour if I cancelled it, whether recording or not. It now seems to wait until 3:28 to ask, which unfortunately isn't a good time either since it catches me in between recording shows, but it's still an improvement in getting back to how updates used to behave.

Last night when I said No at 1:30, the update came back at 2:30, & again around 3:30, when I didn't do anything it turned itself off & I was left with a bright screen & no audio which then woke me up. Can't find a way around it anymore, I just have to catch it at 1:30 & say Yes until something gets done. Not sure why I'm in the early group for updates if that HWS is from July, but better me than someone who has no idea how to use it & what the bugs are.

Got the new software overnight. Probably didn't roll it out over the weekend. Looks good so far.

I don't understand why anyone would want to be first on the software roll out list.
As stated the reason for the staggered roll out is to limit widespread problems if the new software is somehow corrupt.
I'm fine with letting others field beta test every new roll out.

I don't understand why anyone would want to be first on the software roll out list.
As stated the reason for the staggered roll out is to limit widespread problems if the new software is somehow corrupt.
I'm fine with letting others field beta test every new roll out.

I don't mind beta testing. A lot of folks like to be on the bleeding edge. :)

There is no way to force an update to your receiver. It will only come when your units ID is targeted.

The good news is that if there are no major issues the new software is supposed to roll out to everyone on Friday.

I just like consistency, when one Hopper has S342 and the other has S338, they're not both on the same page. In this particular case, I wish the living room Hopper also had S342 because although the timer and recording issues are still present the stability seems to have improved. The living room Hopper is still being affected by STB Reboots which seem to have been addressed with the update which is only on the other Hopper.

Last night my 2nd HWS also got the update (@ 11:30) & so did the Joey (@12:55).
Seems like most people should be getting the updates now (that HWS is well over a year old, the Joey is 2 yrs old). Have seen nothing in the way of "fixes", but have now noticed some of the previous issues that others had, so for me, it's a definite step backwards - again.

Still waiting here and hopefully get it soon so I will be stay tune and wait for it!! :)

Finally, this morning at 1:12 a.m. the living room Hopper got the update. Now both of my Hoppers have S342. I had been putting that Hopper on standby and limiting my early a.m. recordings for days and it never did anything beyond the usual nightly update until now. What really bothers me is when my other Hopper got the update the day it was released, it took an hour (2:05 a.m. to 3:02 a.m.) and this only took 12 minutes! The encore of The Pete Holmes Show had just finished recording at 1:01 a.m. and I put it on standby mode. Within minutes it was already reporting 'S342 is up to date' while downloading the program guide. If I had to guess as to an explanation maybe after the software has been rolled out it takes less time than it did initially, or perhaps it was actually downloading S342 in parts each nightly update until it was to completion?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)