Some menu changes coming to VIP receivers

Tell us about your problem?.:confused:

There are two issues depending on how you are using the dual tuner dvr. I've got my 622 running in single mode connected via component with 480i output to a 32" Sony crt. When tuning to a 16x9 HD channel (either Dish or OTA) depending on which tuner it is using, the display is scrunched and the * format button has no effect, even though the display will scroll through normal, stretch, partial zoom, zoom and gray bar. If you cycle power on the dvr then the channel will come up on a different tuner and be correct with the * format button functioning. My 722 is also running single mode connected via hdmi to a Panny plasma. One of the tuners exhibit the same non-functioning * format button as well. The HD channels are stuck in normal (which is at least viewable) and SD in some stretch/zoom display.

I was wondering the same thing. If both SD and HD channels are available will the HD Only option exclude the SD channels in this case but continue to show SD channels if no HD exists? That's ideally the way I'd like to see the guild if there's some combination of options to make it work this way.
No, HD only is an option on recording. All HD is a guide option and only show HD channels. All Sub and All Chan show both SD and HD. There is no option for SD only nor for HD and SD if no HD.

-Ken

Still no option for forcing a manual recording onto a specific tuner when in dual mode. I know there are workarounds, but why can't it just be a simple selection from the menu...

+1 - or the option to move any upcoming recording from one tuner to another (without the workarounds).

My 722 is also running single mode connected via hdmi to a Panny plasma. One of the tuners exhibit the same non-functioning * format button as well. The HD channels are stuck in normal (which is at least viewable) and SD in some stretch/zoom display.
The "page" buttons can also affect the aspect display. Try playing around with them.

. . . Can people who have actually seen this post please? . . .
Yup. Every time I order or select a program that is 1080p, I get a screen that tells me that the resolution of my DLP is being checked to see if it is 1080p capable, then proceeds after a couple of seconds. WHICH I find redundant and unnecessary since in the HDMI Test area (Menu-6-3-Analysis ^ HDMI Test ^ Info 2) it already knows that it can and says that the receiver can see my DLP and that it is capable of:
720p, 480i, 1080i, 1080p60, 480p, 1080p24, 1080p60 (used to be 30 and a double listing of 60) and
. . . (5 More) OF WHICH, I have been trying to find out what those "5 More" is, but no one at DISH seems to know. Not even Field Supervisors. I suspect that 720i is one since it was left out of the listing, which it was there in the last SF release. But even then it said . . . (5 more).

I have been catching up on the first year of Spartacus through DishOD and it may not be in 1080p, but streamed to my receiver it is far more better looking than the straight Starz feed. AND THEN, 1080p programming, WOW! It really shows you how lacking 1080i is.

Last edited:
The "page" buttons can also affect the aspect display. Try playing around with them.

I don't know where you get this idea from but the "page" buttons do NOTHING with the aspect display on any 622/722/722k/922 receiver

I don't know where you get this idea from but the "page" buttons do NOTHING with the aspect display on any 622/722/722k/922 receiver
You sure about that? It definitely works on my 612, and I thought it worked on my 722...

Well it does on the 612 would be surprised if it does not on the other models. In any event, then use the "Star" button. Does the same thing.

There are two issues depending on how you are using the dual tuner dvr. I've got my 622 running in single mode connected via component with 480i output to a 32" Sony crt. When tuning to a 16x9 HD channel (either Dish or OTA) depending on which tuner it is using, the display is scrunched and the * format button has no effect, even though the display will scroll through normal, stretch, partial zoom, zoom and gray bar. If you cycle power on the dvr then the channel will come up on a different tuner and be correct with the * format button functioning. My 722 is also running single mode connected via hdmi to a Panny plasma. One of the tuners exhibit the same non-functioning * format button as well. The HD channels are stuck in normal (which is at least viewable) and SD in some stretch/zoom display.

When you press Menu-System Setup-6-HDTV Display-8.What are your settings there in HDTV Display on both DVRs?.

Last edited:
Like dahenny said, they used to work on my 722, but no longer do. I was looking at my 211 and there Page up cycles through HD Stretch-Partial Zoom- Zoom-Gray Bar-Normal

Last edited: