Some Sirius Questions

FTLOSM

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
I am seriously considering sirius, have a few questions hoping you all in the know can help on.

If I buy the unit and activate it, can I buy a second unit and have it activated under my account that I can give to my sister who is in college?

She is in IL we are in MI, but if I can add a second radio for $6.99 per month I will most likely get her one for xmas and just pay her fees. I realize both will be in my name but I just didn't know if both radios had to be in the same area/state or used by ONLY that one person. I have no problem with all the billing going thru me and my acct btw, every xmas we spend about $100 on each other so If I grab a good deal and a yrs worth of service I will be spending around that like every other year.

Secondly, this has to do with the online portion of sirius, I am on the trial now and its cool but very limited channel wise and sound is crappy 34k, once I subscribe can I access ALL sirius channels (including stern) thru the website and if so will it still be in 34k sound?

This one has to do with Stern, are there any additional fees to the monthly service for Sirius that will be in effect to hear the Stern stuff, also is there Stern stuff on there now? (trial shows only like 20 channels total). I also saw something on the news about Stern and Sirius and FCC, are they goona bleep him on sirius for profanity? And I also read something about more than one stern channel?

Thanks all for the help on this,

Lastly what would be the best radio to get looking for something small with a cradle or boom box docking feature and headphone output, are there any to stay away from (break easily etc) or any that work better reception wise?

Bill

Ok,

You can put the second radio on your account and pay the 6.99. They have no idea where the radio is so I wouldnt even mention the sister thing.

As far as online goes. Not all of sirius's chanels are online and I do not think there has been a mention of stern being streamed.

Also there will be no additional fee for Stern. Currently you can say whatever you want on Sat radio so no FCC worries yet.

I bought the radio shack sportster deal today $79 with a $50 mail in rebate, haven't activated it yet, was wondering once I activate this one, if I buy another one for sis, can I add that on as a second unit and still get the rebate on that second unit - or will they say no rebate since it was two radios two rebates one user etc....

Also can I just buy a used one that someone isn't using anymore (ebay etc) and then once in my hands activate it as a second on my acct or can you not buy used sirius units - are they assigned only to original buyer?

FTLOSM said:
I bought the radio shack sportster deal today $79 with a $50 mail in rebate, haven't activated it yet, was wondering once I activate this one, if I buy another one for sis, can I add that on as a second unit and still get the rebate on that second unit - or will they say no rebate since it was two radios two rebates one user etc....

Yes, the rebate would apply for both. If you activate and pay for Sis' radio it would be $6.99/month added to your account. If she activates it on a new account it would be $12.95/month.

FTLOSM said:
Also can I just buy a used one that someone isn't using anymore (ebay etc) and then once in my hands activate it as a second on my acct or can you not buy used sirius units - are they assigned only to original buyer?

If the used one has been de-activated with Sirius, you can activate it on your account. If the seller still has it activated, he/she has to call Sirius to cancell the subscription before Sirius will add to your account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts