Something Old - Something New dish/LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RnR

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 18, 2007
A good while ago I reclaimed a Prodelin 1130 1.2m offset off my old workplace and saved it from eventual destruction. This one came with a Norsat 2000A Ku LNB (N112000A @ 1.0dB nf and 60dB gain).

My questions to you wiz kidz are based on very limited experience with these commercial systems. Thus...

1) Is this 2000A dual-polarity? It's got a single post in the cavity with a little "can" (technical term) sitting on top of it, if that helps.

2) Where do you get a replacement seal/O-ring for these Norsats?

3) Has anyone successfully mounted a 40mm throat LNB on a 1130 feed support system? I've been looking at a hockey puck as an eventual drilling, cutting and carving victim for hopeful mounting of a 40mm feed/LNB combo...

Any and all semi-intelligible answers are GREATLY appreciated.

Yepper... I'm still a newbie to Ku DVB/MPEG and not too proud to admit it... :hungry:

single polarity ku lnb

i have a seal for it. or most hardware stores will have a o-ring you might have to match it up.

the lnbf holder for the prodelin should support all 40 mm lnbf's

single polarity ku lnb

Drat...

i have a seal for it. or most hardware stores will have a o-ring you might have to match it up.

Well, the one that is there now is a cast metal bracket and holds a factory feed with a throat OD of ~1" - well shy of the ~1.5" needed to comfortably host a 40mm.

I believe Iceberg recently described stripping the plastic housing off a GeoSatPro MINI LNB.
That makes it about an inch.
And I think Linuxman may have posted pictures of one stripped down, too... (?)

a pvc pipe hanger works great, jsut slip the lnb in there and presto! and the only 99 cents at menards

single polarity ku lnb

I've just identified my recent acquisition lnbf as a Norsat 2000A, and I wonder if you remember which polarity it is good for? Horizontal or Vertical . I may be inclined to put it on a fixed dish in the future, but I'm too lazy to test it out myself at the moment. :)

Attachments

• Norsat-2000A.jpg
    Norsat-2000A.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 230
I've just identified my recent acquisition lnbf as a Norsat 2000A, and I wonder if you remember which polarity it is good for? Horizontal or Vertical . I may be inclined to put it on a fixed dish in the future, but I'm too lazy to test it out myself at the moment. :)

brent, maybe I misunderstood your question, but won't a single-polarity LNB work for either polarity, you just have to turn it 90 degrees if you're not getting the one you want? :confused:

brent, maybe I misunderstood your question, but won't a single-polarity LNB work for either polarity, you just have to turn it 90 degrees if you're not getting the one you want? :confused:

BLUSH !!!
I do believe you're right, and I'm obviously going to have to mount this thing and see what happens as I switch from 13VDC to 18DVC , and does it work the same way. Clearly I'm a little confused, too. thanks
:)

BLUSH !!!
I do believe you're right, and I'm obviously going to have to mount this thing and see what happens as I switch from 13VDC to 18DVC , and does it work the same way. Clearly I'm a little confused, too. thanks

Brent, I'm sure George will give you the straight skinny on it, I'm right about as often as a broken clock is. :D

Single polarity LNB doesn't care about voltage. 13 or 18 volts, it operates the same. Polarity switching is mechanical. The feed may rotate in the mount or unscrew the LNB from the flange and remount 90 degrees rotated.

GL, Eric

Single polarity LNB doesn't care about voltage. 13 or 18 volts, it operates the same. Polarity switching is mechanical. The feed may rotate in the mount or unscrew the LNB from the flange and remount 90 degrees rotated.

GL, Eric

Cool Beans,
I think I'll spend a little time tomorrow lining up a fixed 90cm on AMC9, and see how RTV looks when I dial it in. I get RTV fine on the motorized dishes, and maybe a fixed 90cm will be okay , too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)