Something positive from Dish.

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
With all the negative stuff you hear about Dish Network on here, I thought I would tell about something positive. I logged onto the Dish website and noticed they were offering HBO/Showtime free for 3 months to qualified customers. So I logged onto the online chat function to see if I qualified. Now I sort of thought that I would not qualify because I just finished receiving the Showtime/Starz free for 3 months deal, but I thought it would not hurt to give it a shot anyway. Well the customer service rep I was chatting with said I did not qualify (no surprise), but since I have been a long standing loyal customer for many years he would give them to me free for 3 months anyway. He just reminded me to call and cancel after the 3 month promotion or I would be charged after that period if I did not.

I thought that was really nice since I never suggested them giving it to me anyway. Maybe things are looking up. :D

right, no contract. that was my first questions when I asked about it. They gave it to me and reminded me to call in to cancel.

I refuse to be stuck in any type of contract. That is why I do my own installs and maintenance and own my equipment. That, and I am not really comfortable with other people doing stuff to my house.

I tried the other day to get the HBO/Showtime promo too but I also did not qualify because I had done the HBO/Starz promo.

The CSR gave me three months of Showtime free anyway.

Ask long as you don't ask them difficult questions like when will Dish add a channel, they do ok.

I have been with dish since 2001 I am on autopay and I never get programming offers online. last one I did was the HBO/STarz last year. checked tonight no offers it says online.

I logged onto the Dish website and noticed they were offering HBO/Showtime free for 3 months to qualified customers. So I logged onto the online chat function to see if I qualified. Now I sort of thought that I would not qualify because I just finished receiving the Showtime/Starz free for 3 months deal, but I thought it would not hurt to give it a shot anyway. Well the customer service rep I was chatting with said I did not qualify (no surprise), but since I have been a long standing loyal customer for many years he would give them to me free for 3 months anyway. ...

I thought that was really nice since I never suggested them giving it to me anyway. Maybe things are looking up. :D
According to Dish's own wording, you did already qualify and for them to only offer you 1/2 of the deal is actually less than then offer. I'd keep trying. There is another thread on the topic and I tried 4 times till I got someone to make good on the offer. It's positive that you got a promo, but negative that they don't make good on the full offer to those who qualify.

I just play CSR roulette, I just finished the HBO/Starz promotion at the end of June. I went to online chat and got HBO/Showtime for 3 months my first try. When my Platinum 3 months is up, Ill try for 3 more months of that. All they can do is say no. BTW, I got 2 free PPV Movie coupons in the mail I could redeem at DISH Network - Customer Service - 1.888.825.2557 Anyone else get that?

That page says you get a $4.99 credit. Can I order a $5.99 HD movie and get a $4.99 credit on that, or is it strictly for movies that are $4.99?

According to Dish's own wording, you did already qualify and for them to only offer you 1/2 of the deal is actually less than then offer. I'd keep trying. There is another thread on the topic and I tried 4 times till I got someone to make good on the offer. It's positive that you got a promo, but negative that they don't make good on the full offer to those who qualify.

I'm missing something...in what way did he only get "1/2 the deal"?

I got HBO and Showtime free for 3 months without a new contract.

I used the online chat. I told the CSR I was an existing customer in good standing and asked if I could get the promotion. The CSR checked my account, said I could get the offer, and two minutes later I had the channels.

The CSR reminded me to cancell before the end of the 3 months to avoid getting billed.

Thanks DISH. :up

lowdown

I should have read the fine print before I started talking about this. Looks like according to dishnetwork.com, new customers have to commit to 24 mos, which I guess they would have to do anyways. For existing customers, it just says you either have to sign up for Auto Pay or provide a valid email address. So maybe that is where the CSR's are having issues with the Cinemax for a penny deal, since customers had to sign up for Auto Pay with Paperless Billing to get it. Sounds like some CSR's just don't know if they are authorized to honor the HBO/Showtime promotion if you've already taken advantage of the Cinemax deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)