Sonicview question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Steven Van Meter

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
Lodi, California
What LNB setting is the default for Sonicview Sv-360 Premier?

Standard?
Universal?
or OCS?

Why does the setting for 22 KHZ change to "auto" when the setting is placed on "universal"?

Not sure what the default LNB LO is set to, but a simple factory reset will answer your question! To configure the receiver, you need to select the type of LNBF that you are connecting.

Universal LNBFs have a switchable output between high band and low bands. The switch is controlled by 22KHz tone. When Universal LNBF type is selected, the 22KHz tone automatically switches the tone on or off depending on the transponder frequency that is selected.

Depends o n what type lnbf you have-you match the LO freq to the type of lnb. Standard or single is 10750, universal 9750-10600 I believe. The universal type lnbf has the 22khz switch built-in, in order to switch between the two freq ranges that type of lnb can receive. So the 22 option usually is grayed out when you set the lnbf-type as universal.

EDIT: Thanks Brian. As Maxwell Smart would say "Missed me by THAT much."

USALS Question

I have the machine on USALS but it gives me the option to store a a satellite position after tweeking by small increments. Does this actually change the database information?

it changes where the dish will stop. It would be like manually changing the satellite spot in the menu.
I have an old receiver that has USALS but it only goes to where the receiver tells it to go. So if its off, I have to change the satellite "location" in the menu. Like I may have 95W as 95.2 to get optimum signal

I merged the threads together. Please put the questions on the basic functions of the receiver in this thread. Easier to follow :)

As for the remote...press the "Sat" button on the remote or power switch off/on with the switch on the back. That usually fixes the issues

Ok, I learned something... thnx.. The remote does work, but I'm stuck in a "Favorites" menu and it won't let me go back to watching the TV program I had on.

hit "fav" or "favorites" and it should let you go back to the all channel list

Never worked with a sonicview so I'm just kinda throwing darts here ;)

Sonicview channel information bar

How can I change the Sonicview channel information bar to reflect FTA channels only? my wife and I got it to change from CAS to ALL, but I would prefer to filter out the CAS stuff. :confused:

How can I change the Sonicview channel information bar to reflect FTA channels only? my wife and I got it to change from CAS to ALL, but I would prefer to filter out the CAS stuff. :confused:

I would rescan and just scan FTA or FREE. Since most CAS is scrambled those are just excess channels plugging up the receiver :)

Sat Programming - Sonicview 360 Premier

Ok, The new guy again. First off, let me start by praising and thanking all of the folks out there who have responded to my questions and helped me get into this FTA world with some measure of success. I hope to someday progress from being the needy new-guy to a worthy contributor. Cheers!

I have 3 SATS programmed in. Echostar 9 (my true south for Lodi CA) - 121W.
I have the other two biggies, Intelsat AM5, and AMC 4. I have tried without success to program others, but alas, my skills are either lacking or something else is wrong... I try moving the motor in 5-step increments East and West...

Question: Is there a way to have the dish pan from East to West on its own and give me some sort of "found new satellites" message? Or is that asking too much?

My installer said that he felt that his bird-dog meter and the fact that we have 3 Sats located led him to believe that the dish's azimuth or arc was correctly dialed in... I think he is right, but I would appreciate some additional opinions... Hopefully from anyone familiar with Sonicview or similar...

Thanks, Steve from Lodi

(Stuck in Lodi again)

Ok, The new guy again. First off, let me start by praising and thanking all of the folks out there who have responded to my questions and helped me get into this FTA world with some measure of success. I hope to someday progress from being the needy new-guy to a worthy contributor. Cheers!

I have the other two biggies, Intelsat AM5, and AMC 4. I have tried without success to program others, but alas, my skills are either lacking or something else is wrong... I try moving the motor in 5-step increments East and West...

Question: Is there a way to have the dish pan from East to West on its own and give me some sort of "found new satellites" message? Or is that asking too much?

My installer said that he felt that his bird-dog meter and the fact that we have 3 Sats located led him to believe that the dish's azimuth or arc was correctly dialed in... I think he is right, but I would appreciate some additional opinions... Hopefully from anyone familiar with Sonicview or similar...

Thanks, Steve from Lodi

(Stuck in Lodi again)

Sat Programming question

Thanks, Steve from Lodi

(Stuck in Lodi again)
progress.gif

Steven,

You have the Sonic View 360 Premier, don't you?

If yes, I will tell you that I and my brother both found this receiver to be rather difficult to set up. It is "quirky". The best we found was to keep plugging away at each sat, one at a time, using DiSEqC 1.2 motor positioning. If you use USALS with this receiver, it doesn't appear accurate or even logical. When I commanded it to drive to say 123W, using USALS, it drove to 91W, when I told it to go to zero, it went to some satellite position, when I commanded it to go to another satellite, it went to zero! It was really 'freaky". After I set up about seven satellites using DiSEqC 1.2, then things started working more logical and I was eventually able to change all sats back over to USALS and it began operating fairly well.

I already had a dish and motor set up and aligned to the entire arc very precisely with my Coolsat 5000, and it was miserable hooking up this 360 and getting it to work right. It is not a receiver that I would recommend to use to set up a dish and motor.

Thought you might wish to be forewarned of what we found way back when this model first came out. Maybe they have improved the firmware by now, but I haven't messed with it since then.

Good luck!

RADAR

OK, so should I buy a new/different receiver that will know where the Sats are and "find" them in an automated fashion, without me having to program each one? What do you recommend?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)