Sorry to say but I won't be Vooming anymore! (Edit: Totally Back)

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
This week I will call for a deinstallation and I will not call back for a re-installation. Today as I turned my box, all premium HD channels look like crap. Very soft picture and I am not going to pay money for this piece of junk. Sorry to use the harsh language but enough is enough. They will get my money when they fix the bugs. I am out until they fix it. I am not going to pay for inferior HD quality.

This and the fact that there is not accountability about their "word" has pushed me over the other side. Maybe I am just a little voice but I will speak with my wallet.

I will still be here in the forum and will try to help in any way I can. If VOOM decides to fix HD quality, I will reconsider but right now I am not enjoying my HD quality experience. I rather have 6 HD channels with great quality than 34 that I cannot watch.

im surprised to hear that sean. Seems like you have been with VOOM through worse times. No OTA, box freezing 5 times a day, etc. I guess everybody has theirt breaking point. Im really sorry to see you go, butI think you will be back , VOOM will fix these problems, and the sertvice will only get better. GOOD LUCK

Wow. What kind of sign is that: when the moderator of the Voom forum cancels his service!? I hope Voom can get their act together, because if this kind of thing is going to happen they won't be around long.

I will be on VOOM for another month or so, and then if they haven't made some serious improvement, I too will be gone until I hear that everything is fixed. I am willing to put up with issues like constant stuttering and a soft picture on some channels for a few weeks, but beyond that, it's ridiculous when I am paying $90/mo for service.

I left DirecTV in the first place because I was tired of the decreased quality on the HD channels. Now the same thing looks like it has or is happening with VOOM, and that is very unfortunate.

I have also been thinking about canceling as well.

Since I do not get the VaVaVOOM pack the HD Channels I get are nothing more then demo material. The only channel I like is the Animation Channel (and thats just because of the classic cartoons) and I am not sure $40 a month is worth it.

This past week it almost seems as though something at VOOM went BOOM.

ya no one heard me when i whined. i am cancelling voom as soon as the nba playoffs are over. thats if voom gets espn. or else sooner. they are not gonna impress with their stupid exclusive channels..only channel i watch is ravehd and worldsport..now all i see is damn japanese baseball...i will think bout ordering again when they have some real channels.

Sean,

Sorry to here that! I did find that part I PM'd you about. Its on radio shacks website. I also ordered a digital audio splitter to add my Xbox audio and DVD audio into this splitter to free up a channel.

Yesterday I upgraded Voom to get all the premiums. Now I have more to watch but the alleged HD channels leave much to be desired.

1st off HBO HD sucked. I watched AOTC and could not tell the difference from HD to regular version when switching channels. Why have 2 HD channels East and West? Why not do HBO2?

Encored looked much better.

Showtime? Are they charging me for this? The Brittney Spear concert was unwatchable. Not because of her, but the pixel drop outs every 20 seconds.

I might have to start selling pints of blood to now afford this. So if I do I hope they 'hint' raise the bandwidth on channels we are paying for in blood, sweat, and tears of hard earned money.

Why have 2 HD channels East and West? Why not do HBO2?
HBO only offers east and west feeds of their main channel in HDTV. They don't offer any of their other channels in HD. VOOM can't offer something that doesn't exist.

Yikes! The Administrator and Moderator both jumping ship. This forum will be a morgue in short time. You guys would have been better off not announcing it.

I've been with V* only a month and still subscribing to D* mostly because of mixed feelings with V*. I really like the programming with the va va voom package, especially the HD premiums. I have no other option to get all those channels for $80 month.

But it's the constant bugs with the STB and programming glitches that just under your skin too many times.

I'll def give them a month or two more because I really would like them to succeed.

What a shock Sean-sorry to say that I am not far behind-pq is to the point where watching a dvd gives off comparable or better quality-100.00+ too much $ for a product experiencing obvious "growing pains." When we were betas I could understand the "stop whining" posts-but now that we are all being charged quite a bit of $ each month, makes me think that we all may have been given the old "bait and switch."-Give us stunning HD when its free to help build sub. base and then pull the "rug out" when we start to pay-i.e. charter to lease policy and obvious pq degradation-maybe Voom IS just like all the rest, huh.

I just started Vooming on Monday, so I had the chance to see how good their signal looked or I would have already canceled based on their current PQ.

I know that Voom probably won't send a representative to talk with us, but it would behoove them to post that they are just having a problem with the encoder, and we can expect the picture quality to be back up to par very soon (call me a dreamer). For me, I am giving them 30 days from this past Monday, as that is the supposed free trial period that is allowed, if I have this right.

oddwunn said:
I just started Vooming on Monday, so I had the chance to see how good their signal looked or I would have already canceled based on their current PQ.

I know that Voom probably won't send a representative to talk with us, but it would behoove them to post that they are just having a problem with the encoder, and we can expect the picture quality to be back up to par very soon (call me a dreamer). For me, I am giving them 30 days from this past Monday, as that is the supposed free trial period that is allowed, if I have this right.
Free trial ended 04/01-mbg ends 04/30-we are all paying for the degraded pq now(in more ways than one it seems)

Mr Biggles I agree with you I dont have the va va voom package like you an others and i also still have D. but I love Monster HD and I want them to get there act together but I am only giving them untill the end of next month or around that. My D HD looks better than V's IMHO .

Just curious everybody, but where is it that you are going for your HD? I thought D* and E* had the same problems as V*. I also am thinking of leaving, but my cable company isn't very committed to HD, my locals aren't in HD, and in the 122nd largest media market, none of that will change soon. Are you guys in big cities that have cable companies that offer good HD pkgs and options?

I will give Voom some time to make improvements... I have not seen any problems that I would consider persistent or irritating enough at this point to make me drop Voom. I had far worse problems with Comcast. I consider myself an early adopter and I know what comes along with getting in early and I will take that into consideration when judging this service.

I thought D* and E* had the same problems as V*.

Yes, but not to the extent of the current Voom problem. In order, the HD picture quality, as I see it:

1. Voom up until the last few days was far and away the best.
2. D* is considerably lower in quality than #1 and considerably better in quality than #3.
3. Voom's current picture quality is about on par with the average DVD.

And I have never owned E*, so I can't make any meaningful comments.

I will be more than willing to hang in there as long as Voom makes some kind of firm announcement that they are aware of the problem and it will be fixed soon.

Voom's silence = bye bye

What a shock!

Sean, Ken, and and Scott all fed up with VOOM.???? Well this is what I come here for. To get the real facts and not some hype or rumors. You three have just made some future planning for me easier. Looks like when Comcast locally get's their act together I will be adding digital cable again. Besides, I may have a way to get paid to monitor a few shows and submit reports of cable cast violations. This would cover the cable bill each month. :)

I am not fed up per se, I just don't think the $40 a month charge is worth it considering I only watch one channel.

I don't need the SD Channels which they are forcing us to take.

I am not leaving VOOM yet. But After another month VOOM has some serious decissions to make and they need to make some imediate changes or I could be gone as well.

You can be sure (well at least hopefull) that tommorow there will be a huge meeting about this. If you look here at SatelliteGuys or the VOOM group everyone is upset, and VOOM is not saying a thing.

I would like to see VOOM succeed, but they need to do some major fixes now before its too late.

Well.. as I had stated about a week ago...

Im only using VOOM for my locals in HD now... and this is truly sad. Initially when I mentioned the PQ issues, people were acting as if it was my eyes....lol...

Good to know my eyes haven't gone bad on me... Its truly sad to hear that VOOM hasnt gotten their act together yet and the lack of firm communication or reassurement isnt helping them AT ALL. Sean, I may be joining you also...

and somone called the "21 Exclusive Channels" stupid... I couldnt agree with you more!!

Well,

I'm dumping Cox and giving Voom a chance because I'm not putting another dime into Cox. Voom can be a good place to sit and wait until the HD gets its act together thru out the media monopolies.

Don't expect any corp to talk about look at the Xbox corp if you need to see what stiff arming your own customers can really be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)