Sprint HTC Evo 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still love the phone. The 3D doesn't work for me (using ANY technology, since I'm monocular).

The speed and the other enhancements are NICE.

The phone itself was nice, although the screen was a smaller than the DX.

I did get a free htc evo 3d hat. :D

Played with the 3d phone. Felt like a gimmick, although the glass-free video was impressive, just can't see why it is necessary, or couldn't imagine using the camera in 3d mode.

Until in 2 or 3 years when Apple comes out with a 3D iPhone (it should take them about that long as they are usually behind is cellular technology), and then it will be better than sliced bread. Once the iPhone has 3D it will no longer be a ‘gimmick’, it will be ‘magical’

Until in 2 or 3 years when Apple comes out with a 3D iPhone (it should take them about that long as they are usually behind is cellular technology), and then it will be better than sliced bread. Once the iPhone has 3D it will no longer be a ‘gimmick’, it will be ‘magical’

Whatever. :rolleyes:

I still think its a stupid gimmick, and not necessary on a phone. And the photos you take in 3D won't be useful on anything EXCEPT the evo.

Whatever. :rolleyes:

I still think its a stupid gimmick, and not necessary on a phone. And the photos you take in 3D won't be useful on anything EXCEPT the evo.
i agree. thats why i'm staying with my evo even though it does have more memory and better cpu. its not enough for me to make a change

I knew it was like that with the first Evo, I thought they had changed it with the 3d. Guess I was wrong.
but isn't the evo 4.3" as well? .

i agree. thats why i'm staying with my evo even though it does have more memory and better cpu. its not enough for me to make a change

but isn't the evo 4.3" as well? .
Yes, they are both 4.3, but the X has a taller screen if I am not mistaken, with the EVO being slightly wider (I think that is right, it may be reversed). The aspect ratios are different. The X is 16:9, and side by side, it looks deceptively bigger, at least to me. Its not really much of a difference.

Another part of it is the X is a taller phone overall (the body) and that adds to the feel that it is bigger

Edit: I attached a photo so you can see what I mean.

Attachments

• droid x.jpg
    droid x.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Yes, they are both 4.3, but the X has a taller screen if I am not mistaken, with the EVO being slightly wider (I think that is right, it may be reversed). The aspect ratios are different. The X is 16:9, and side by side, it looks deceptively bigger, at least to me. Its not really much of a difference.

Another part of it is the X is a taller phone overall (the body) and that adds to the feel that it is bigger

ahh i see. yeah one looks a tad taller (screen) while the other looks a tad wider. thanks for the pics

The EVO 3D is narrower. It has a SMALLER screen than the DX.

now i wanna see it in person and compare it to my EVO. does the EVO 3D also say it has a 4.3" screen?

It has a 4.3" screen, it is just a bit narrower than the Droid X. Not certain about how it compared with the EVO. It looks like a solid phone, but I am just not sure what the point was in putting 2 5MP cameras, just for the "gimmick" appeal.

It has a 4.3" screen, it is just a bit narrower than the Droid X. Not certain about how it compared with the EVO. It looks like a solid phone, but I am just not sure what the point was in putting 2 5MP cameras, just for the "gimmick" appeal.

True, it is a "ive got" it gimmick IMO. I guess it is good to have if you absolutely have to have every feature no matter how useless, but I dont see it becoming mainstream.

As to the screen, yes, you are correct. I found screen shots with it next to the first EVO and it does in fact look smaller.

A coworker finally had an upgrade on Sprint. I convinced hime to ditch his Curve. He opted for the 1ST Evo because of cost $30 vs $199 and 3D did nothing for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.