Status
Please reply by conversation.

ParaclipseCKu

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 8, 2008
Florida Space Coast
I received a call a short time ago from SRL. My call id showed DSN Satellite. The person on the phone wanted to know if I was still using my c-band dish and if I knew that the programming was going to end on Jan 10th. She also stated that they are partnered with Directv if I decide to go that route.

Curious if any other SRL subscribers have received a call like this.

Sounds like some kind of scam to me. SRL is not DSN satellite it's Programming Center. I doubt it was SRL, why would they do something like that. I bet 100% someone has you on a list and trying to scam people. Maybe NPS is selling off the subscriber list now to get extra revenue. Wouldn't put it past them. Do a search on Google for DSN satellite and see what it turns up Its a pizza dish suppler.

...Curious if any other SRL subscribers have received a call like this.

No, I haven't. If they had been pushing Dish Network instead of Direck, I would have said that it sounds like NPS bought themselves some caller ID spoofing software. LOL!!

Cheers

Yep on the Google search. Someone got his name from a list and is pulling a fast one to get a quick sale, Can't even get the facts straight said programming is ending January 10th. All kind of charlatans in this world.

They are coming out of the woodwork. I just got a call where the guy was was acting like he was from SRL claiming SRL was going to go out of business and trying to get me to switch to Direct TV. On top of that he was sure the pizza dish was going to give me a much better signal since it was newer technology than my 12 foot aluminum dish. Caller ID showed the company was Direct Success at 517-381-1658.

SD

I have a sneaking hunch that NPS sold off their subscriber list to grab that last dime. I hope they call me! I have a freon air horn that the the pizza pusher on the other side of the wire will meet up with. :D

I got a call last night from someone who identified as calling from SRL (probably, I'm hard of hearing.) He said that SRL is going out of business on Jan. 1. I had him repeat it three times. After I said he was full of BS he started to give me a sales pitch anyway at which time I hung up. He could have been the same guy that called sdoradus.

Dale

Worms.
I'd like to get one of those calls. It would be nice to find out if the National No Call List warning has any teeth. I'd darn sure hand 'em over.
At the very least I'd love to grill one of those psuedo-tech salesguys. That is the one thing I miss after logging my number to the no call list, DN and DTV no longer call to "dazzle" me with there system. I had one once that told me there WAS no subscription service for the "big dish" even after I told him I was watching mine at that very moment. Moron....lol

Worms.
I'd like to get one of those calls. It would be nice to find out if the National No Call List warning has any teeth. I'd darn sure hand 'em over.

If you had a business relationship with a company in the last 18 months the do not call list means nothing. They can still call. I get calls from Sirius satellite radio all the time and I'm on the DNC list

I've subscribed to NPS in the past, but used a 'fake' phone number. (I'm in Canada and am unable to subscribe "legally" to C-Band programming). I hope that if it turns out that the fake number I used was real, I sure hope that NPS didn't pester the person to death trying to get them to sign up for Dish Network.

I hope they call me! I have a freon air horn that the the pizza pusher on the other side of the wire will meet up with. :D

If they do call you, act like you're real interested, then start talking real low, like in a whisper or something. That way they'll turn up the volume on their end. And when they do...it's time to get their undivided attention. lol. Almost makes me wish I was on their call list and that I had a freon air horn. It would be a blast. lol.

I have a sneaking hunch that NPS sold off their subscriber list to grab that last dime. I hope they call me! I have a freon air horn that the the pizza pusher on the other side of the wire will meet up with. :D

First start a conversation talking quietly enough they can't hear you and are forced to turn their headset up all the way.

I've subscribed to NPS in the past, but used a 'fake' phone number. (I'm in Canada and am unable to subscribe "legally" to C-Band programming). I hope that if it turns out that the fake number I used was real, I sure hope that NPS didn't pester the person to death trying to get them to sign up for Dish Network.

No free google voice numbers back then? http://voice.google.com

No.. Back a couple of years ago, I signed up for C-Band programming using an NPS reseller called bigdish.com. The guy there gave me a fake phone # - he made it up. (He knew that I was in Canada, and provided me with a US address and phone #). As long as the credit card was approved, he didn't care :)

Well, now you can buy a MagicJack from the US and plug it in and have a US phone number that rings straight to you. I don't know if MagicJack ships to Canada, you might have to have someone here buy it for your and send it to you.

Well, now you can buy a MagicJack from the US and plug it in and have a US phone number that rings straight to you. I don't know if MagicJack ships to Canada, you might have to have someone here buy it for your and send it to you.

I originally was subscribing to an NPS reseller via a 'fake' phone number in the early days. These days I subscribe via a real US phone # at a home in the USA. I have an agreement with a guy in the USA. He uses my Canadian address and phone number for his Shaw Direct subscription, and I use his US address/phone for my C-Band subscriptions via SRL..

I was just thinking that maybe NPS were going through their old records, phoning anybody who was previously a C-Band sub, trying to sell them Dishnetwork.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)