Srl ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I logged into websams and noticed srl had automatically changed my stars subscription to "starz H2H". With auto renewal? That's ok , but I was under the impression I had to reorder. My guide even though it's free is not auto renewal.

right now i think they are just overloaded bigtime. i sent them and email to fix my cooking channel they did, but then i lost half the other channels and my guide is now gone too, i think we
should all sit back for a week or so and let them all get all the kinks figured out

mike74820 said:
right now i think they are just overloaded bigtime. i sent them and email to fix my cooking channel they did, but then i lost half the other channels and my guide is now gone too, i think we
should all sit back for a week or so and let them all get all the kinks figured out

I agree.

What this tells me though, is there is a lot of us out there and they may be busy for sometime, which I take as a good thing.

Thanks to Skyvision/SRL - there's a lot of love round these parts for you

Finally got the nerve to do the alternate thing, but can't get a rehit from websams... its been stuck for a while now. Anyone else having this problem on dsr 922 ?

Finally got the nerve to do the alternate thing, but can't get a rehit from websams... its been stuck for a while now. Anyone else having this problem on dsr 922 ?

do you have a package with them ? hit activate services and then send a rehit. (guide is free)

crackt out,.

do you have a package with them ? hit activate services and then send a rehit. (guide is free)

crackt out,.

Yes I have the pick 10 thing with them. I tried the activate services button first too, but it sits there with the "activation set for unit" in red, not disappearing. same with a rehit

Yes I have the pick 10 thing with them. I tried the activate services button first too, but it sits there with the "activation set for unit" in red, not disappearing. same with a rehit

If you use the remote and try option 67781, what EMM provider shows up on the screen on the left hand side? If it is 4096, then your receiver hasn't converted. If it shows 4160, then the conversion was a success. If it shows 0, then the unit still needs to sit and wait for a hit.

I know that yesterday the Websams system was really backlogged, and a hit that I had sent out took a while.

"activation set for unit" type messages appearing in red are normal. They don't go automatically disappear from your screen.

If you use the remote and try option 67781, what EMM provider shows up on the screen on the left hand side?

"activation set for unit" type messages appearing in red are normal. They don't go automatically disappear from your screen.

EMM is 0, but how do i know after an activation, when to hit rehit system ? if I've waited long enough or not if it doesn't self-refresh status.

yes try the alternate procedure again when you have the EMM 0 go to websams and do a reset password

EMM is 0, but how do i know after an activation, when to hit rehit system ? if I've waited long enough or not if it doesn't self-refresh status.
My 922 still had an EMM of 0 after a rehit so after about 10 minutes, I shut off the receiver with the remote and powered it back on and then had an EMM of 4160. I did not unplug the unit. Don't know if shutting it off is a necessary step but it seemed to work for me.

Ok at least I have programming again. It worked and it's back to 4160 as the provider. Noticed in another post you said someone discovered this by accident. God bless butterfingers Guess I should wait until they're in the office and do an activation/ rehit on the phone with them. edit: (ooops 4160 is the new provider, i think i need a 2nd cup of coffee)

Last edited:
Waits

In case its helpful to anyone, I purchased my programing from these people Dr. Sat - Satellite dish installation in Southern Ontario (SRL reseller in Ontario) Online purchase and payment, received email in minutes advising to go to x4-216 and do the Options 67780 key sequence and email them back my unit ID. It was probably 20 minutes start to finish. All programs on, guide working, and all my 922 satellite tiles in place. Pushing that button to wipe out the EMM provider was a little thought provoking but it appears good things are on the other side of that door, once you make decision to go through it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)