Update from SRL

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sonyajon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 15, 2009
New Mexico
I re-newed my sub from SRL today 11/21 which is my sub end date.

I asked her if after 12/21 I could re-new my sub and she said yes but up until 12/31 (at a pro-rated) monthly price.

I asked her what happens after that. She said that I would have to convert my 922 (by way of some software) and that then it would become a DSR-410 never to be a Moto 922

I asked her if the current stuff they have on their website is what they will be offering and she said yes. She also said they are working on other things (channels) but she doesn't know what the other things are. She said she thought that infomation might be released in "about" a week.

I can't wait to see what they will say. Latest I heard that I can say is they need to finalize contracts. I have a bit of inside info but will get my head chopped off if I post it until it is final. I've been sworn to secrecy so please don't PM me about it.

Right now unless we get generics & more my 922 stays as is and will be without a sub. I may pick up a second receiver down the road and sub once I downgrade my Direct in June. Wish I could just dump Direct at that point if I choose, but that $20.00 a month early termination fee will go on for me until June 2012 when contract ends. I would rather spend that $240.00 on a new Manhattan receiver that I heard so much about.

Thats the only caveat I see so far with Direct is that damn contract, thats why I had a hard time signing up last Saturday. I refuse to neuter (to use truckracer's term) my 922, it is still very useful on several satellites, especially generics... What is a Manhattan?

Thats the only caveat I see so far with Direct is that damn contract, thats why I had a hard time signing up last Saturday. I refuse to neuter (to use truckracer's term) my 922, it is still very useful on several satellites, especially generics... What is a Manhattan?

Contracts suck thats the bottom line, I hate that! The Manhattan is a new receiver Mike Kohl is testing that does DVB-S2, MPEG 4 HD, ACC audio etc etc like the AZbox. He said it should be out in January and will retail for less than $200. My 922 must stay as is too. I enjoy the open events too much.

I renewed some programming with SRL for 1 month today. My billing date with SRL is the 22nd of the month. I have the MTV Mini-Pak with them. I renewed the MTV pack starting on November 23rd, and the Websams system billed me for 2 months. Nov 23 thru Dec 22, and Dec 23 thru Jan 22. I emailed SRL advising them saying that their system had billed me past the date that the 4DTV system is supposed to be shut down, and the response was: "Only the channels on W5 will be available, you will be fine." (That's a copy/paste from their response to me..) I am not willing to do a master reset to lose my generics. I hope that the person who answered my email question didn't assume that I was doing a master reset on my receiver in early January.

I renewed some programming with SRL for 1 month today. My billing date with SRL is the 22nd of the month. I have the MTV Mini-Pak with them. I renewed the MTV pack starting on November 23rd, and the Websams system billed me for 2 months. Nov 23 thru Dec 22, and Dec 23 thru Jan 22. I emailed SRL advising them saying that their system had billed me past the date that the 4DTV system is supposed to be shut down, and the response was: "Only the channels on W5 will be available, you will be fine." (That's a copy/paste from their response to me..) I am not willing to do a master reset to lose my generics. I hope that the person who answered my email question didn't assume that I was doing a master reset on my receiver in early January.

Like Truck said neuter your 922 :eek:

I might go on a hunt for a 922 after January to see what I can find. With all of the 4DTVs that NPS has taken out of service, there's got to be some going up for sale on Ebay soon enough. My 922 that I've got right now is in prestine condition, and I don't want to lose all of the channel mapping on it.

Bet come years end there will be more. Although if the word gets out about W5 the price may jump some. 99 cents damn :)

Although if the word gets out about W5 the price may jump some. 99 cents damn :)

Well, I've got two "new" subs to W-5 lined up that are friends of mine, one who has owned a BUD 20 plus years needing minor help and conversion of his system, and believe it or not, another one who WANTS a used Birdview (yes, I found him one.) If the eqipment's out there to do W-5 and FTA.....spread the word! Seems the BEST way to get (new) subs on W-5 is to show people what we have now in "standard" quality (sometimes better than OTA!!) and on FTA. The guy who wants me to install for him called me up to say, "can I see how you did that W-5 and FTA thing?" Re-deploying of equipment may just help revitalize some subs! It has here!

We're still alive, us C-band people!

I can't wait to see what they will say. Latest I heard that I can say is they need to finalize contracts. I have a bit of inside info but will get my head chopped off if I post it until it is final. I've been sworn to secrecy so please don't PM me about it.

Ahhh come on! Tell us!! We're your friends!!!... :wave

OR...

We could give you the "truckracer" treatment!!!... :yikes

I will say what I can when it's official. I can't say now because my head will roll. I will say this, possibly more good news come January.

I will say what I can when it's official. I can't say now because my head will roll. I will say this, possibly more good news come January.
That sounds good to me! :D:up
(And no, we don't need your head rolling) ...you're worth more to us whole! :eek: :D

Contracts suck thats the bottom line, I hate that! The Manhattan is a new receiver Mike Kohl is testing that does DVB-S2, MPEG 4 HD, ACC audio etc etc like the AZbox. He said it should be out in January and will retail for less than $200. My 922 must stay as is too. I enjoy the open events too much.

the "manhattan" fta boxes cant do 422... so its not quite like the AZbox..

I definatley dont wanna neuter/ downgrade my 920, if nothing else its a very accurate positioner..
might as well go with a 410, and a gbox positioner..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)