Star Trek Discovery

Given the amount of carefully curated information regarding technology and timelines, how can they screw up pretty much everything?

There will never been a satisfactory explanation of why the Klingons look like characters from a vampire movie.

Exactly. And in After Trek, they talked about the "canon" - yet it was apparent that they ignored it across the board.

The fan-project Renegades did a 100X better job of bringing trek back. Sad.

Reactions: TheKrell
Exactly. And in After Trek, they talked about the "canon" - yet it was apparent that they ignored it across the board.

The fan-project Renegades did a 100X better job of bringing trek back. Sad.

When fan projects with low budgets are better than official products with millions of dollars thrown behind them, you know there's a problem. There's an obvious disconnect between what Hollywood and TV Producers think the fans want, and what the fans actually want. And it's not just limited to TV or Star Trek unfortunately. Companies often forget that without their fans, without the people purchasing their products and spending money, the company can't survive.

Then make them more humanoid as they were in NCC-1701. Surely they can't copyright bushy eyebrows, goatees and Fu Manchus. The compound nostrils wouldn't seem to have much basis in natural selection.
CBS actually owns the look of them from the original series, as that was part of the TV series in the TV/Movie split with Paramount, so they have every right to use the old look without paying anything to Paramount. And would actually fit in with the timeline.

After watching episode 3, I'd give an educated guess that they are leaning towards those bugs they were playing with to eventually genetically humanize the Klingon's.

So we'd then end up with the version from TOS..

Watch the episode again very closely, listen to every word and 'things meant behind the words', and see if you don't agree with me...

After watching episode 3, I'd give an educated guess that they are leaning towards those bugs they were playing with to eventually genetically humanize the Klingon's.

So we'd then end up with the version from TOS..

Watch the episode again very closely, listen to every word and 'things meant behind the words', and see if you don't agree with me...
Wait a minute. That happened in Enterprise.
Klingon augment virus

Reactions: TheKrell
The more I think about it, the grumpier I get. :D

And let's be totally honest here, if this show did not have characters wearing a Starfleet comm badge, would it last 9 weeks? It would just be some half-ass sci-fi show with an Alien-like monster creature, slimy almost lizard like aliens, and disgruntled characters, on poorly lit sets.

Seth McFarlane is far more faithful to Gene Roddenberry's vision of Star Trek than these clowns are. Kind of sad actually.

The more I think about it, the grumpier I get. :D

And let's be totally honest here, if this show did not have characters wearing a Starfleet comm badge, would it last 9 weeks? It would just be some half-ass sci-fi show with an Alien-like monster creature, slimy almost lizard like aliens, and disgruntled characters, on poorly lit sets.

Seth McFarlane is far more faithful to Gene Roddenberry's vision of Star Trek than these clowns are. Kind of sad actually.

It's ridiculous with the way the crews are acting. Nearly everybody being a nasty Prig certainly would destroy the Federation faster than a Klingon war. How would you like to serve on a starship with nothing but 400 narcissist Millennials serving next to you? Might as well be mirror-universe, where everybody is out to step over your dead body just to advance a single rank.

It's ridiculous with the way the crews are acting. Nearly everybody being a nasty Prig certainly would destroy the Federation faster than a Klingon war. How would you like to serve on a starship with nothing but 400 narcissist Millennials serving next to you? Might as well be mirror-universe, where everybody is out to step over your dead body just to advance a single rank.
Yeah, the current Federation crew acts more like real Klingons than the current batch of Klingons.

And let's be totally honest here, if this show did not have characters wearing a Starfleet comm badge, would it last 9 weeks? It would just be some half-ass sci-fi show with an Alien-like monster creature, slimy almost lizard like aliens, and disgruntled characters, on poorly lit sets. .
If it wasn't for the comm badge, no one would even know that it's Star Trek.

Reactions: rockymtnhigh
Ok, I watched episode 3 again last night, and there's only ONE conclusion I can now make that explains this entire series, and the way everybody acts. It also can explain how they have such advanced stuff, and that we've never heard about them before:
They are Section 31!

Ok, I watched episode 3 again last night, and there's only ONE conclusion I can now make that explains this entire series, and the way everybody acts. It also can explain how they have such advanced stuff, and that we've never heard about them before:
They are Section 31!
Not really a spoiler if it's not confirmed anywhere. ;)
It's really still speculation until an episode showing it is shown or leaked.

I've actually seen speculation on that in a few places. Still doesn't explain the Klingons, or make the show great.

So, the word on the street is that CBS All Access initially had about 100,000-150,000 subscribers in total.

After the first episode of Discovery aired on TV, they instantly gained another 100,000-150,000 subscribers (presumably to watch the 2nd episode online). But before the end of the week, CBS went into "panic mode" because half of those newly-gained subscribers immediately cancelled their subscriptions. So in response, CBS is apparently now offering some kind of 30% promotional discount if you sign up for 3 months of All Access, but then of course you're locked in for the whole 3 months. Sounds like desperation, if you ask me.

So, the word on the street is that CBS All Access initially had about 100,000-150,000 subscribers in total.

After the first episode of Discovery aired on TV, they instantly gained another 100,000-150,000 subscribers (presumably to watch the 2nd episode online). But before the end of the week, CBS went into "panic mode" because half of those newly-gained subscribers immediately cancelled their subscriptions. So in response, CBS is apparently now offering some kind of 30% promotional discount if you sign up for 3 months of All Access, but then of course you're locked in for the whole 3 months. Sounds like desperation, if you ask me.

Interesting. Not surprised. I'll be honest, I haven't watched anything on the channel since last week's episode. I'll keep it for the rest of the month, but yeah, there are lots of ways to get this.

I say just watch The Orville , it is more like real Star Trek than the Discovery is. Besides it comes with your locals subscription or your free antenna if you have it. I won' t pay to subsidize bad tv for Cbs. Enough of us do that and we might find the series back on network tv .

The Orville really is -- thank you Brannon Braga - like TNG. And much more enjoyable.