Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It seems like Thursday is the big Show Dump Day. I now have five shows to watch as “Upload” season 2 has started.

Reactions: TheKrell
9 episodes to watch prior to Strange New Worlds

Since I don't want to sign up for syfy.com, why don't you share them, please?
Agreed...

1. “The Cage” (Original Pilot)​

2. “Charlie X” (Season 1, Episode 2)​

3. “The Menagerie, Parts I and II” (Season 1, Episodes 11 and 12)​

4. “Balance of Terror” (Season 1, Episode 14)​

5. “Arena” (Season 1, Episode 18)​

6. "A Taste of Armageddon” (Season 1, Episode 23)​

7. “Operation — Annihilate!” (Season 1, Episode 29)​

8. “Amok Time” (Season 2, Episode 1)​

Reactions: Derwin0 and Foxbat
What is it with these nearly two minute intros??? I get that there are a dozen or more "producers" as well as two show-runners but this is silly.

Who cares, Paramount+ gives the option of skipping the intro, you can watch it, but you do not have to.
I've found that the skip feature doesn't always pop up (especially if you're using Amazon Prime). Now that I've set up access through Paramount+ (since Amazon doesn't offer the 4K stream), I use the Paramount+ app but it was a problem before I discovered that authentication through Amazon was an option.

If you can't programmatically skip it for whatever reason, it is a relatively long haul to find your way to the next scene.

Someone should break it to Anson that Shatner never made it to “orbit”…;)

• Haha
Reactions: Derwin0
There's FF...I've used that a time or two when Skip didn't pop-up...
With the advent of the newer CODECs and seemingly slower to react remote controls (especially where CEC is involved), transport controls are a much trickier business than they used to be.

My objection is more with the vanity of the legions of "producers".

The season finale of Outlander had a wad of "producers" as well. I think there may have been five "executive producers".

This harkens back to sometime in the '70s or '80s when everybody started getting a trophy. Perhaps it is a team effort up top but it seems like they've just shifted everything down and the real Executive Producer is now the "show-runner(s)".

No offense intended towards the lead actors and Rod Roddenberry.