Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Season Finale tomorrow?

Before that happens, does anybody understand why Kirk doesn't know what a Gorn is in Arena? Or for that matter, how did Spoke and Uhuru completely lose all memory of their own encounters with these devils?

You KEEP forgetting this is Sam Kirk, and it happened to James T. about 10 years later.
Oh come on, someone, somewhere at Starfleet HQ must keep records of encounters with species like the Gorn. Or weren't the Gorn predatory and dangerous enough to bother keeping records about them and informing other Captains and teaching cadets about?

You KEEP forgetting this is Sam Kirk, and it happened to James T. about 10 years later.
No, I did not forget about Sam Kirk.

But how do you explain how Uhuru or Spock, both of whom had extensive experience with the Gorn, didn't inform Starfleet or James T about their characteristics? And God almighty were those things were fast! :eeek Was the Gorn in Arena fast? No, it was not.

I didn't really see it until one of the new characters shows up in the finale but did anyone else notice that SNW seems to be substantially void of characters that don't have dark hair? Is that a thing today?

I was expecting the new character to be a dishwater blond.

The FINALE was EXCELLENT. James T. Kirk in this episode ,played by Paul Wesley of the Vampire Diaries. He has dark brown hair now and looks so much older to me than the show he used to be on. I enjoyed the entire show and looked forward to 2nd season since they left us a cliff hanger.

The FINALE was EXCELLENT. James T. Kirk in this episode ,played by Paul Wesley of the Vampire Diaries. He has dark brown hair now and looks so much older to me than the show he used to be on. I enjoyed the entire show and looked forward to 2nd season since they left us a cliff hanger.
And I think the;y casted James T. totally wrong. He was lethargic compared to Shatner. They should gave gotten closer to Chris Pine.

I agree with KAB on this one. James T was miscast.

But I also have to agree with everyone who liked this episode. Unlike the prior episodes, I didn't spot any continuity errors despite the massive opportunity with the time crystal.

I am upset about Una, though. She didn't deserve that.

I enjoyed the entire show and looked forward to 2nd season since they left us a cliff hanger.
I can't say I'd call it a cliffhanger. I don't see any shoes poised to drop in the beginning of season two.

The Ready Room brought some interesting insights as always.

But, I think he has already aged out for this role...
Scott Eastwood (36) is 19 days older than Ethan Peck. He's only a couple of inches shorter than Peck which is also handy.

William Shatner was 35.

Chris Pine is 41 and Paul Wesley is 39. I disagree that any of them is necessarily "aged out".

Reactions: MikeD-C05
And, after all, the finale was set in a different time line, so there’s that. Commanding the Ferrugut without Spock at his side might have impacted Kirk’s temperament.

I wondered where Sulu and McCoy ended up in this Timeline?

Overall, I thought it was a great “What If…” take on the Original Series episode “Balence of Terror”.