STB problems...

GeneWildershair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2004
Bay Area
PQ problems aside, anyone else having more frequent lock ups with their STB lately? I have been having this happen to me once a day now. Also when changing channels I'll get a black screen with a message saying "no signal on satellite channel ***". This happens a lot. Yes I do admit I am a big channel flipper though. I do have the newest software update by the way. I just want to see if others are having the same problems?

I have only noticed problems when I cycle through channels very quickly. Give your remote a rest GeneWildershair ;)

I had similar problems with Moto HD STB from comcast, but much worse. I think Motorola is a fault here.

GeneWildershair said:
PQ problems aside, anyone else having more frequent lock ups with their STB lately? I have been having this happen to me once a day now. Also when changing channels I'll get a black screen with a message saying "no signal on satellite channel ***". This happens a lot. Yes I do admit I am a big channel flipper though. I do have the newest software update by the way. I just want to see if others are having the same problems?
nope never. I toldya you needed a new box...lol

No problems here. Jay, you seem to have some problems out there in California, including the Voom issues :neener Hope you get it straightened out. Have you ever switched out STBs?

txdude said:
I have only noticed problems when I cycle through channels very quickly. Give your remote a rest GeneWildershair ;)

I had similar problems with Moto HD STB from comcast, but much worse. I think Motorola is a fault here.

that is why I said I was a flipper. heh.. I do flip quickly. I am going to call VOOM and have them bring a new box to see if that changes anything.

GeneWildershair said:
PQ problems aside, anyone else having more frequent lock ups with their STB lately? I have been having this happen to me once a day now. Also when changing channels I'll get a black screen with a message saying "no signal on satellite channel ***". This happens a lot.

Not one lockup ever.

Quick surfing def gives me the 'black screen' at times. Even dropped audio. 'Conservative' surfing is usually spot on with no problems.

I've gotten that black screen with the "no signal" message when changing channels, but by the time I say "what the h....., this always came in before", the message goes away and the program appears.

No lock ups even when you guys where having yours in the previous release. I do see the black screen when changing channels. Also, experiencing dropping sound when changing channels. I believe Wilt knows about both problems and Motorola is working to fix both in next release.

Sean Mota said:
No lock ups even when you guys where having yours in the previous release. I do see the black screen when changing channels. Also, experiencing dropping sound when changing channels. I believe Wilt knows about both problems and Motorola is working to fix both in next release.

I'm excited for the next release, as we will finally get to scan OTA's! :D

I have audio drop-outs when I change the channels too quick. But I've never had a lock-up. Although, I never had the previous version.

cyuhnke said:
I have audio drop-outs when I change the channels too quick. But I've never had a lock-up. Although, I never had the previous version.

the lock ups seem to occur when I change channels really quickly and go thru a lot of them. If I push the box to work hard that's when I get problems with it. Seems like I just have to go easy on this sensitive STB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)