Steelers Win!!!!!

puro,

if he wasnt looking up at the play, how could he know the ball was gone or not. he was falling down. do us a favor , when you weigh 260 lbs , get a 10 yard headstart running at an object, when you are almost there, have someone ram into you and as you are falling, try to stop your motion or change directions. let us know how it goes.

Well the way I see it, cheap or not the black and gold won. Yes I am sorry that Carson got hurt and needs surgery, but this is the NFL. The Steelers won, and in the playoffs that is all that matters. Tell me Bengels fans, if it was Ben that got hurt instead of Carson in the exact same way and the Bengels won, would you have called the shot on Ben cheap? When it comes down to brass tacks, all that matters is winning. When something bad happens to our team, or our team loses, we look for excuses as to why that happened. At least I know I do.

I don't want to be misunderstood here, I am sorry that Carson got hurt. I hope he makes a complete recovery. But we can't go back in time.........

Last edited:
I used to weigh 350 so I know what i'm talking about...I ask you to actually turn on ESPN and watch it one time unbiased. When he's falling, he doesn't put his arms down to stop his fall like anyone on the planet would do, he reaches out and wraps it around carson's leg on the way down and drives his shoulder into the knee. The SOLE INTENTION of such a move is to inflict damage. Period. He wasn't trying to stop his fall, he was trying to take carson down with him.

He's a defensive lineman, isn't he supposed to be watching the play? Just hitting a QB without knowing if he's still got the ball is like the #1 no-no and will get a flag every time...except this time ironically...He could have grabbed him by the ankle after he fell and brought him down cleanly, but he chose not to. Oh, and that's about the worst fake acting i've seen someone do since tom cruise...How many different directions did he look in before deciding to pretend to care about carson?

This isn't a steeler issue, it's a bad play issue. If roles were reversed and this happened to ben, i'd have the same stance but we all know you steeler fans wouldn't...It's one thing to be a fan of your team, but c'mon...

You've obviously never played football, or at least not defense. "Sole Intention"??? - what BS. He was tackling the QB, plain and simple - that's what he's paid to do. It wasn't even a late hit.

This isn't flag football, you grab what you can, except for the facemask, and do whatever you can to bring him down. He's being blocked to the ground and the only thing within reach was his leg. You grab it and try to tackle him - period.

Purogamer said:
I used to weigh 350 so I know what i'm talking about...I ask you to actually turn on ESPN and watch it one time unbiased. When he's falling, he doesn't put his arms down to stop his fall like anyone on the planet would do, he reaches out and wraps it around carson's leg on the way down and drives his shoulder into the knee. The SOLE INTENTION of such a move is to inflict damage. Period. He wasn't trying to stop his fall, he was trying to take carson down with him.

He's a defensive lineman, isn't he supposed to be watching the play? Just hitting a QB without knowing if he's still got the ball is like the #1 no-no and will get a flag every time...except this time ironically...He could have grabbed him by the ankle after he fell and brought him down cleanly, but he chose not to. Oh, and that's about the worst fake acting i've seen someone do since tom cruise...How many different directions did he look in before deciding to pretend to care about carson?

This isn't a steeler issue, it's a bad play issue. If roles were reversed and this happened to ben, i'd have the same stance but we all know you steeler fans wouldn't...It's one thing to be a fan of your team, but c'mon...

I'm not trying to take a stand on if the shot was cheap or not. To be honest I haven't made my mind up as of yet, bad play happens to every team in the NFL on both sides of the ball. Flags are thrown when they should and when they shouldn't all the time. My what if question to was all the Bengels fans that have made up their minds.

rjc3895 said:
By the way. Can anyone explain this photo and walk me through the next 3 seconds from this point? Thanks.
20060109wap_fbn_kimo_palmerPJ_450.jpg

Okay. I had to take a day and look at it more dispassionately. The hit may have been inevitable. After Palmer released the ball, the guy was out of control and still took two steps (count them) one to hit and a follow through. He grabbed and Pamers ancke and pulled while putting his shoulder on the side of the knee. Full elapsed time from first pix to last is 4 seconds.

To say he was "blocked into" Carson is at the very least a misstament of the facts.

Again, I will say it one more time so no one gets the wrong idea. The Bengals lost the game because they played like CRAP in the second half. Pittsburgh deseved to win the game. Even with Carson under center had the Bengals played the way they did the second half they still would have lost. This was a factor, but NOT the story.

BTW I was standing about 20 feet from this camera. (in that section you never sit!)

See ya
Tony

Attachments

• Pix 1.jpg
    Pix 1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Pix 2.jpg
    Pix 2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 120
  • Pix 3.jpg
    Pix 3.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Pix 4.jpg
    Pix 4.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 140
  • Pix 5.jpg
    Pix 5.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Pix 6.jpg
    Pix 6.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Pix 8.jpg
    Pix 8.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Pix 9.jpg
    Pix 9.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
You're a good sport Tony:)

Anyway, the Pats are going to set NFL History that will stand for years to come. ;)

He wasn't "blocked into" Palmer. He was blocked and going down. He then went after the closest part of the QB he could - the leg. Fair game.

If you look at picture #4, you see just how close he was when Palmer still had the ball in his hand - not a late hit.

If you look at picture #5, there's no way he's gonna keep that fat ass from going the rest of the way to the ground - and not knowing the ball had been thrown, he took the leg down with him.

cripe , some of you act like dan rooney cut him a 10 grand check in the locker room for the professional hit job.

this aint soccer or golf, it is pro football, knees, ribs and all take a beating. it is the nature of the beast.

there was no flag, it was a clean , legal shot.

A flag would have been redundant since it was a 65 yard completion. The penalty would have been declined.

If you take the time to read my messages rather than just look at the pretty pictures, you'd have found out that I have already stated several times that the game did not turn on this play. At the same time, I will not be convinced that this was not the intention of the person doing the hit!

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
A flag would have been redundant since it was a 65 yard completion. The penalty would have been declined.
If you take the time to read my messages rather than just look at the pretty pictures, you'd have found out that I have already stated several times that the game did not turn on this play. At the same time, I will not be convinced that this was not the intention of the person doing the hit!
See ya
Tony

and redundant or not, if the officials saw a penalty, roughing the passer and unsportsmanlike conduct come to mind. they would have thrown a flag.

again it was a clean LEGAL hit, it doesnt matter what you and i think, just the officials.

also i do believe these two penalties would have been ADDED to the 64 yard completion.

WHO DEY,,,,,,DEY YOUR WORSE NIGHTMARE,,,,DEY THE STEELERS!!

TNGTony said:
See ya
Tony

You've obviously never played the game.

1) Penalty flags are not withheld if they're considered "redundant"

2) The penalty would not have been declined

3) You posted the pretty pictures, I just commented on them - it makes it very clear it is just a normal football play

4) I never commented on whether the game turned on this play.

5) You obviously have chosen not to be convinced - despite the facts and visual evidence.

Purogamer said:
Um, I disagree. The more I see the play (yes I watched the game and rewound it a dozen times like everyone else), the more I think it could have easily been avoided. He was falling but he wasn't looking up to see what was going on, he fell right into him and didn't even try to stop it. His shoulder went right into his knee which is not how any normal person falls. He was intentionally stumbling forward to get the sack. Watch it again as i'm sure it'll be on espn all day. He was taking down the QB even though the ball was gone, which isn't right. He wasn't even looking up at the play, as the picture clearly shows...

I didn't think it was cheap at all yesterday but today i'm not so sure. I think he could have easily avoided it...

Defensive lineman aren't paid to try to avoid sacks. Of course he could have avoided hitting him - he could have just sat down when the ball was snapped.

puro,

"he was intentionally stumbling forward to get the sack, well!!!

IMAGINE THAT a defensive player TRYING to sack the QB, of all the gall!!!!!!!

get over it.

I will not be convinced that the hit causing the injury was not purposeful. I have explainedmyself 50 ways from sunday and some STLL think I'm crying over the loss. I'm not. The visual evidence that convinces many that nothing was wrong, convinces me otherwise! No aount of name-calling, goading or whatever will result in anything more than me repeating that this was intentional (as it should) and late. The added yanking on the ankle and twisting the leg while using a shoulder on the side of the knee is yet another point. The refs were aweful. This was one of at least 6 plays where they showed just how bad they were. As to not knowing football, anyone who knows me in my real life would laugh at the comment. I never meant to imply that the refs don't throw flags when there would be no gain for the victim of the penalty. I meant to say these referees would have needed to see a machete wielded by Pittsburgh and a rolling head with a lifeless body to think about throwing a flag. Though they probably would have called Cincinnati on a 15 yard penalty for impeding the free swinging of farm tools. :)

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
I will not be convinced that the hit causing the injury was not purposeful. I have explainedmyself 50 ways from sunday and some STLL think I'm crying over the loss. I'm not. The visual evidence that convinces many that nothing was wrong, convinces me otherwise! No aount of name-calling, goading or whatever will result in anything more than me repeating that this was intentional (as it should) and late. The added yanking on the ankle and twisting the leg while using a shoulder on the side of the knee is yet another point. The refs were aweful. This was one of at least 6 plays where they showed just how bad they were. As to not knowing football, anyone who knows me in my real life would laugh at the comment. I never meant to imply that the refs don't throw flags when there would be no gain for the victim of the penalty. I meant to say these referees would have needed to see a machete wielded by Pittsburgh and a rolling head with a lifeless body to think about throwing a flag. Though they probably would have called Cincinnati on a 15 yard penalty for impeding the free swinging of farm tools. :)
See ya
Tony

no tony,

you are not being logical. you wanted the bungles to win , they did not. and because palmer got hurt it was the steelers fault that they didnt play nice with him. you know who let palmer down ? his offensive linemen. PERIOD.

and tony YOU DID SAY they would decline the penalty, oh ill just give up the extra 15 yards hell we dont need it. and they cant refuse the penalty, the rules dont allow it. not in this case.

one more thing, football is not a kinder gentler sport. palmer better thank his god that joe green, dick butkus,jack lambert or mike ditka didnt hit his leg,,,,they would have put him out for his career.