Steelers Win!!!!!

OMG do you guys read your posts? Of course he's trying to get the sack even though he has no idea if the ball is anywhere near the QB, but he didn't do it remotely cleanly. It was explained how he grabbed the ankle and drove his shoulder into the knee. The knee doesn't bend that way and you all know it.

sh*t happens, but the game DID change when palmer came out, and he came out from a dirty hit.

I guess you guys feel the refs are always right and never miss a call...Again I state that if it was ben who got that hit, you all would have a completely different view of it. How can you watch it on tv (it's still on...) and not see beyond his black helmet is amazing...

i would not have a different view.

it was a clean hit period.

the nfl is not reviewing it, the bungles did not ask for a review, IT WAS CLEAN

all the crying in the world is not going to change the outcome.

for next year, try to keep the defensive players away from palmer, WITH YOUR LINE!

The bengals are not making an official big deal because they do not want to come off as cry-babies unlike some other teams which have. You see it as a clean hit and I don't. I am not alone, but I am vocal. You continue to project that I am blaming the loss on this hit even after me telling you 5 times that I am not and explaining why. The bengals were ahead at the half and Palmer only had one play that eventually led to a fied goal several plays later. One more time, the game was lost because the Bengals did not play the second half the way they played the first half, period! Anything else you read into it is your thoughts and not mine.

I am not going to argue it further. There is no crying. The sky is blue (black at night) and the hit was late and dirty! You are ademant that it was a clean hit and are completely closed off to arguments the other way. I guess I am on the other side of the fence and just as immovable in what I see.

See ya
Tony

Had he said it was it would have changed nothing and he would have come across as a crybaby sore loser.

As to picking up the finer points, I feel the same way about your analisys. I made one mistake on flip remark about a penalty that wasn't called and would have made no substancial difference. I know that automatically disqualifies me as knowing anything about the game in your eyes, so I'll leave it there. You have no idea what I do in real life! :)

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
he would have come across as a crybaby sore loser.

Exactly. :D

BTW - you'd have to say that the loss of Palmer had an impact on the game. I fully expected the Steelers to win, but then again I didn't expect the Steelers to come out flat (and stay that way for a half). Palmer was 1/1 for 66 yards, and we couldn't even get pressure on Kitna. We can debate who would have won, but I don't think it's realistic to say that it didn't have a negative impact on the Bengals.

What is wrong with Palmers perifial vision ?

If he had thrown the ball and the hit was as late as someone mentioned, Why didn't Palmer just take a step backwards when the Steeler got close, Someone said that the ball was already in the recievers hands when the hit happened.

Which is not true, but anyway, it definatly changed the game, but you will never know if it changed the outcome ....

Jimbo

On to this weekend :)

the ball was not in the recievers hands when he got hit. next thing well hear is the wr caught it and was tackled and palmer was walking to the sidelines and kimo SHOT him.

with a 12 guage shotgun, that dan rooney personally sawed off.

then the NSA intercepted a phone call from bush going to chuck nolls cell phone who put dick le beau on a 3 way call ,and the military sats in space hit his knee with a flesh shattering microwave burst!!!

get real,,,,get over it

go BLITZBURGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BEN!

dragon002 said:
the ball was not in the recievers hands when he got hit. next thing well hear is the wr caught it and was tackled and palmer was walking to the sidelines and kimo SHOT him.
with a 12 guage shotgun, that dan rooney personally sawed off.
then the NSA intercepted a phone call from bush going to chuck nolls cell phone who put dick le beau on a 3 way call ,and the military sats in space hit his knee with a flesh shattering microwave burst!!!
get real,,,,get over it
go BLITZBURGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BEN!

Laughing all the way !!!!

I didn't say the receiver had the ball in his hands, I know, I saw the game, I said, someone tried to point out that the hit was late and said that .....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can we pressure Peyton enough to slow them down ?

We tend to play zone, (against the Bengals too) and they just sit down in the zone and catch the ball, then we tackle them, It drives me nuts that they wont play man to man. at least that way you don't nessasaraly give them an easy completion. Let's at least cover someone.

Jimbo

Go Steelers

CPanther95 said:
The screen caps showed him at Palmers legs while he still had the ball in his hand.

They do? The ball is out of Palmer's hand in the first pix.

I know that no Pittburgh fan will ever see it. But it is there none-the-less.

See ya
Tony

Attachments

• Pix 4.jpg
    Pix 4.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 111
  • Pix 5.jpg
    Pix 5.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 111
TNGTony said:
They do? The ball is out of Palmer's hand in the first pix.
I know that no Pittburgh fan will ever see it. But it is there none-the-less.
See ya
Tony

Ok, according to your screen shots, the ball is JUST leaving his hand, in the second one it is gone.
What everyone is failing to realize is that all this takes place in a second or two. not over 5+ seconds.
It's not like he was laying there on the ground and a thought came to him to continue to go after the QB, it is entirely reaction, he is suppose to continue to play till the whistle blows, obviously the whistle has not been blown.

Also remember he is being block on the play as well.

I have seen much worse calls and missed calls as well.
=========================================================

btw, this week pittsburgh will not get any of the calls, due to INDY being the NFL darlings this year. So if they do win (Pitt) it will be a great feat.
Not to mention the pumped in crowd noise.

You will know if it is ,if INDY falls behind by 10 or more, take the crowd out of the game, Steelers need to play well and aggressive right from the start in order to stay with INDY...

When will we move on to the next weeks games ??
Someone needs to start a new thread.

Jimbo

It's like showing a picture of a civilian exiting a military complex with a bomb 30 feet above his head. Then complaining that we willingly targeted a civilian.

Do you guys need to see the video to see how it really happened? Those caps are terrible, they can be interpreted any way you wish to see them...The video doesn't lie, especially now that some of you will view it without being drunk and wing-crazed...

BTW, the colts receivers always seem to find a hole...and marvin slides into huge holes (why does that sound dirty...) every game somehow...It's actually strange how those guys get so open all the time...

If they don't get (and keep) pressure on Manning, it's going to be a long day. Last game Peyton held a clinic on reading defensive schemes and then coming up with solutions via audible. Steelers looked awesome for a few plays, baffling Manning, then he'd become unaffected by the goofy looks we were giving him.

.... and we better hit every damn receiver coming off the line on every play. No stinkin' 10-15 yard cushions.

Purogamer said:
Do you guys need to see the video to see how it really happened? Those caps are terrible, they can be interpreted any way you wish to see them...The video doesn't lie, especially now that some of you will view it without being drunk and wing-crazed...

BTW, the colts receivers always seem to find a hole...and marvin slides into huge holes (why does that sound dirty...) every game somehow...It's actually strange how those guys get so open all the time...

as for the Indy receivers getting open, I am not sure how that ALWAYS happens.
That is the part about this upcoming game that scares me the most.

Jimbo