Still unable to get green light on DSR 905

Status
Please reply by conversation.
OK, I tried the options, 6 is change system settings, tried pushing 7 nothing.
Hit options, 6 and it only goes to 4, witch is check system status. As soon as you hit 6 it goes to the window with four selections, 1 change viewing, 2 change audio,3 change installations settings and 4 check system.

The system configuration screen is meant to be hidden. That's why there's no menu item for it. At the "change system settings" screen type 778 and it will appear like magic. You can also go to the advanced status screen by hitting zero instead of 778, from which you can get lots of (cryptic) diagnostics.

I wouldn't recommend either of the reset options until someone here tells you to try them.

Ok, I got it to work that time.
Manual Tune
Polarity-----left
22KHZ-----off
Symbol rate---auto
coding mode----auto
EMM Provider----4096
Frequency------1390.000

I was afraid to select any of the other options.

Yes, ignore what it says on the screen, just hit options 6-7-7-8-1 quickly and it will work.

You can also try options 6-0-5 and then use the right arrow button to scroll to diagnostic C.
In the upper right hand side of the screen there will be a number preceded by either a + or a -.
For example, +12.1 would be a good signal quality. This is a real time quality meter (for want of a better term) as opposed to options 6-4 which gives the instantaneous value for signal quality when entering the menu but you have to re-enter it before it will show changes in quality.
With options 6-0-5 you can make adjustments to the dish and see the results much quicker.
What I do is enter Diagnostic C then bump the dish and wait a few seconds to see the results.
Let us know what it is reading on Diag. C.

Are you adding the 905 to the existing system or was the 905 there when you moved in?
Some pictures of the back of the 905 and all the connections may help a lot.

I seen this on another site and was wondering about the other transponders listed here, if the information was still up to date and if so, what is the possibility that G1-13 or 18 would be a stronger signal?

7. Press Option 6, 5 on your remote control and you should have a screen with your unit id at the top and trip counter on the bottom left, and channels counter on the bottom right. Channel count will be approximately 575 at this point. Leave the 4DTV sit on G1-13, G1-03, or G1-18 approximately 30 minutes while the receiver maps into memory all the satellite names, channel names, frequencies, etc. You must have a green DC light on the front of your receiver for this process to work. If you do not have a green DC light, continue to fine tune until one appears (on G1). The channel counter should keep increasing slowly up to approximately 4804 and then stop. Wait 10 more minutes to make sure it is finished counting. Call your program provider and ask for a digital rehit. This can also be done by using our online service at NPS - Your One Call Solution - CBAND Satellite Programming C-band. The number on the trip counter should increase from 0 to 5 when your receiver has been authorized. It is possible to download the IPG (Guide) at this time – simply press the Guide button, then the Info button on your remote control and wait about 15 minutes. If you do not wait – the guide will not download properly.

bob

INNO, Ok I got that screen up but nothing with a+ or _

The 3rd line down on right side is showing -3.0

and the only other thing I see that changes once in awhile is a 3/4 will change to 3/5 or 1/2.

If this doesn't help you maybe , I can take a picture of the screen.

At the present time I do not have a positiner on this dish.

I bought this dsr-905 a few years back and tried setting it up once to twice but never really had the time to spend with it.

If you don't have the green light this likely won't work.......when they refer to "fine tune" are they talking about tweaking the dish or changing a setting in the receiver?

You should see a signal on 13 or 18 as well.........

It seems hard to believe that with as good of a picture that I am getting on the four channels on G1, that it won't pick up the green light, if the signal is the problem.
I got another project for the wife that I got to get finished now, so I am not going to be able to spend more time on this today.
Do you think pictures of the diagnostic windows will help, if so I can try that.
Bob

Did you highlight and press manual tune? I know you looked at it but did you activate it? Have you tried feeding the LNB cable directly to the 905 only allowing the Uniden to move the dish? And is there a lnbf menu setting for the 905? Also have you tried calling NPS for additional advice?

LNBF is plugged into the 905. Dish is stationary looking at G1. No positioner on it.

No I have not called NPS yet.
This was what the manual tune showed___ should I change something on it??

Ok, I got it to work that time.
Manual Tune
Polarity-----left
22KHZ-----off
Symbol rate---auto
coding mode----auto
EMM Provider----4096
Frequency------1390.000

kbghdg

No on pushing the tune, I am doing that now.

It says tuning, don't know how long it will say that so will leave it like that for a couple hours.
Bob

As far as clearing the password, its on the parental control menu. Go options, Set Parental Control, Set Password. When the New Password screen comes up, hit enter twice leaving the password area blank. That should remove the password.

Have you tried completely disconnecting the analog receiver to see what happens?

Do you have the G-1 satellite selected from the satellites menu? The signal level of 20 with a quality of 99 tells me it might be set on the wrong satellite or the dish needs to be tweaked a little. Good luck.

kbghdg

No on pushing the tune, I am doing that now.

It says tuning, don't know how long it will say that so will leave it like that for a couple hours.
Bob

I don't know. My system actually gets alot of sparkles on g1 17(INSP). But on the otherhand i have no problems getting Starz, guide and HBO. I beginning to wonder if the digital side of your box is dead. Maybe a master reset is in order?

As far as clearing the password, its on the parental control menu. Go options, Set Parental Control, Set Password. When the New Password screen comes up, hit enter twice leaving the password area blank. That should remove the password.

Have you tried completely disconnecting the analog receiver to see what happens?

Do you have the G-1 satellite selected from the satellites menu? The signal level of 20 with a quality of 99 tells me it might be set on the wrong satellite or the dish needs to be tweaked a little. Good luck.

I have not tried disconnecting th e4600 but will try that and see what happens.
I am going to hold off on the password until I get this working or take a hammer to it.

I have G1 selected on the 905 and the 4600.

Does anyone know what the right or left polarity selection is on manual tune menu?

Last edited:
I have not tried disconnecting th e4600 but will try that and see what happens.
I am going to hold off on the password until I get this working or take a hammer to it.

I have G1 selected on the 905 and the 4600.

Does anyone know what the right or left polarity selection is on manual tune menu?

I don't have a right or left option. Only a H or V. The pic below is from G1 3 manual tune screen. I'm assuming the Data stream is at 3760 H. Which at 5150 Lo - 1390 frequency = 3760.:D

Attachments

• 0527091808.jpg
    0527091808.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 101
BTW, the tuning selection stayed tuning. I doubt if that would change unless you had a lnb and positioner and servo motor connected??
bob

dsr 905 green light

this is the connection on back of 4600 and 905. The wires for the servo motor and dish positioner are there because I had this connected to another dish but since I am presently connect to a lnbf, I don't think I need them.

Well I was going to post some pictures here but I guess I don't know how. They are in the photo gallery.

Thanks, rstief

this is the connection on back of 4600 and 905. The wires for the servo motor and dish positioner are there because I had this connected to another dish but since I am presently connect to a lnbf, I don't think I need them.

Well I was going to post some pictures here but I guess I don't know how. They are in the photo gallery.

Thanks, rstief

What is the other sat in sat out for? Ku?
Post some pics of your "system status" screen.

rstief 905

Attachments

• dsr 905.jpeg
    dsr 905.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 100
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)