Strange DiscEq Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wxman1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2004
I have a Pansat 2500A receiver, two dishes with the same universal LNB on each dish (Fortec universal). When running direct from each dish separately (no DiscEq switch in line) I have no problem copying the signal. Dish 1 is connected to Port 4 on the Switch while dish 2 is connected to Port 2. After starting up the receiver I can see stations on dish 1 and I can see stations from Dish 2 HOWEVER when I go back to a station on Dish 1 I get no signal but can still get the Dish 2 signals. The only way I can get back to dish 1 signals is to shut down and restart the receiver. I note that the universal LNB turns off the 22khz switch automatically and I have the positioner in the "disasbled" mode. Can anyone point me in the right direction how to fix this annoyance?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I'd always heard that those switches had to be loaded in order; the first two dishes should be plugged into 1 and 2. If you have easy access to the switch, it'd be worth trying.

Just changed Dish 1 to eq port 1 and dish 2 to port 2. Still a problem. When I change to stations on dish 2 and go back to dish 1 stations the signal is lost.(only can get dish 2 stations) Shutting off the receiver and turning back on is the only remedy. Would it be because the universal lnb automatically disconnects the 22 khz signal?? Should I have the positioner set to 1.2 in the set up screen?

carload
Its not neccessary to do them in order. I had 1 & 4 connected right away and added 2 & 3 later (1 & 4 looked neater on the pole mount :)

Well, thinking the DiscEq switch was defective bought a new one. That didn't work...still having the same problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts