subscription question about HD

one thing of note Dee....If you add any programming or want to change programming there is a 30 day minimum or they do charge $5. Thats due to people who use to add say HBO for the weekend for something then remove it after the weekend.

one thing of note Dee....If you add any programming or want to change programming there is a 30 day minimum or they do charge $5. Thats due to people who use to add say HBO for the weekend for something then remove it after the weekend.

Retroplex (which is part of the BB package) is just older movies
DISH and Blockbuster Video Online | DISH Entertainment

Also another add on option is the "Heartland Package". Its $5 and includes Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movie Channel, gmc, PixL, RuralTV and RFD-TV. and the ones in Bold are in HD

I don't want to pay $10 a month for a bunch of "action" channels (guy stuff).. I have no use for those sort of channels. The DVD rentals are useless to me as well as the games. The only channel I recognized was Encore. I saw one that is named Retro something so that might be a cool channel. MAYBE. I'll research them tonight when I get home.
Keep in mind, that most of the Encore channels are already in the AT250 package you will be getting, unless you decided to switch over to one of the "metal" packages.

Not a problem.. I understand their reasoning for that policy and agree with it. I wouldn't think of pulling some flaky trick like that.
I'm straight up in my dealings just as I expect people I deal with to be straight up with me.

:)

Metal would save $20 a month, no $10 HD fee and Metal package is $10 less but you lose most all SD channels and some HD channels.

Well, my $$ is all good to go now. I bought a sound bar for the screen and it works but I can't figure out how to make the DN remote work with it.
The instructions are flat out confusing. It's an "iLive Speaker Bar". What makes me really insane is when I use it's remote control to operate it it changes channels and all sorts of weird things on my Home theater PC. The app "My Theater" reacts to the new speaker bar's remote. :mad:

I can see BIG problems and mega, mega frustration coming soon once I start using the new DN system. Everytime I adjust or mute the volume it's going to mess with the other system which will always be running in the back ground and probably be recording things. What's BAD about My Theater is that the "Previous Channel" button is mapped to the same as the "Cancel Recording" button. And the volume for the sound bar triggers the previous channel/cancel recording on the My Theater app.
Not cool... :mad:

Anyway..

So I'm good to go now. I figure it's too late to activate tonight so I guess I'll contact a DIRT member in the morning and get things going. :D

Things are looking good now, if I can just figure out these remote control problems! I need to get on ebay and order a printed manual for my VIP211k. I hate reading PDF's.

Ok. I'm going for the Blockbuster package. I was checking the channels out, as I have never hear of 99% of them and I found one called RetroPlex. I went to the website and see the run a western called Cheyenne. Never heard of it before.
But I surely recognized Clint Walter! :heart

I'm not real big on westerns but I can watch me some Clint Walker for sure.. :popcorn

I also saw they are showing "The Man Who Knew Too Much" with Jimmy Stewart and Dorris day. One of my favorite movies! One of the best movies ever! Woo hoo!
And The Birds, a real classic. That's two awesome Hitchcock classics that I would indeed make the time to watch. Time and time again.. :D

I guess I'll go for a little extra icing on the cake after all..

I think the BB@home channels are awesome. Plus you do realize you can (almost certainly) watch DVDs on your HTPC... ;)

I think the BB@home channels are awesome. Plus you do realize you can (almost certainly) watch DVDs on your HTPC... ;)

It doesn't have a DVD or even a CD drive. Plus I have no interest in low resolution DVD's anyway. I don't yet own a blue ray player, I eventually will but I am in no hurry, I'm not very much into movie watching anyway, not enough to justify spending the money.

And I really only like OLD movies, I can't stand almost all modern movies. Old movies are rarely in HD though. So it really doesn't make sense to buy any sort of player.
So until they start converting movies from the 30's-60's into Blue Ray I think I'll wait. I've never once in my life rented a DVD and I haven't rented a VHS video in about 20 years. The whole rental scene doesn't wash well with me. I hated the driving back and forth part.

I think I broke my tuner. :cry:

I unplugged it to move it to a different shelf and now it just says I have a complete loss of signal.
I go into the menu and it shows a very weak signal on only a few transponders.

Is it possible I burned out the switch when I unplugged it?

It seems to be in a loop, it says it's acquiring the signal, that takes forever then it shows the complete loss of signal then a few seconds later it goes back to acquiring signal.
Over and over. It was working perfectly before I unplugged it.

100% of the wires are brand spanking new RG6 quad shield, brand new compression fittings. I'v wired tons of FTA dishes in the past so it's not like I just fell off the turnip wagon.

:(

I think I broke my tuner. :cry:

I unplugged it to move it to a different shelf and now it just says I have a complete loss of signal.
I go into the menu and it shows a very weak signal on only a few transponders.

Is it possible I burned out the switch when I unplugged it?

It seems to be in a loop, it says it's acquiring the signal, that takes forever then it shows the complete loss of signal then a few seconds later it goes back to acquiring signal.
Over and over. It was working perfectly before I unplugged it.

100% of the wires are brand spanking new RG6 quad shield, brand new compression fittings. I'v wired tons of FTA dishes in the past so it's not like I just fell off the turnip wagon.

:(

Did you power it off before unplugging coax. If so, i think it would be impossible to cause any harm. Maybe your coax end connector is shorted. Do you hear a whine coming from the receiver? Been there done that!

unplug the receiver
plug in the cable to the back of the receiver
power back on
when it shows the "searching for signal" press menu then 6-1-1
verify there is signal (wait up to 30 seconds for it to find a signal and all the satellites)
rerun check switch

Sometimes with aftermarket switches things like that can happen. Doing a fresh check switch usually fixes it

Did you power it off before unplugging coax. If so, i think it would be impossible to cause any harm. Maybe your coax end connector is shorted. Do you hear a whine coming from the receiver? Been there done that!
Oh yeah one more thing are you sure the LNB is plugged into LNB in and not the OTA antenna in?:D

Got it..

I don't know what the deal was but I unplugged everything. I pulled the power cord for like 5 minutes and took off the dish and antenna wires and looked at them to make sure they weren't damaged.
Everything looked ok so I put it all back and turned it back on. Now it works.

I am having issues with the HD though, I need to tweak the HD (129) dish as it's signal keeps dropping.

Apparently the ATSC tuner is super sensitive, it picked up channels I didn't know existed. I need to get a better OTA antenna I guess. Not a real big deal but now I'm curious..

Thanks guys! :)

Another annoyance I've discovered is that the remote control repeater pyramids won't repeat the remote control for this thing. :cry:
It repeats the signals for my other things but it just doesn't like the Dish remote. So operating the tuner from another room is out. :(
Even operating it from across the room via the repeater isn't working. I have to turn around and aim the remote right at the face of the tuner which is behind me.. :(

Does anyone know of an IR repeater system that works with this tuner?

Thanks.. :)

The OEM (Dishnetwork UHF to IR remote kit) one from DISH works great. No need for a transceiver. Only a receiver. .

Oh cool!

Ok, here's another question.

I have two UHF remotes, they say 21.0 IR/UHF PRO on the back.
I purchased a gob of remotes on ebay so I could have one in each room of the house and just leave them there rather than carry them from room to room.
I got two 21.0 and one 20.0 remotes. The tuner came with a 20.0 remote. So I have two of each.

I was looking on Amazon for this UHF box you mentioned and I see it but it says it comes with a 10.1 UHF remote.
That remote is numbered differently than the ones I have. Would my 21.0 remotes work with that UHF repeater?

This is the one I'm looking at, Amazon.com: Dish Network IR-to-UHF Pro Remote Control Upgrade Kit: Electronics

Thanks! :)

Oh cool!

Ok, here's another question.

I have two UHF remotes, they say 21.0 IR/UHF PRO on the back.
I purchased a gob of remotes on ebay so I could have one in each room of the house and just leave them there rather than carry them from room to room.
I got two 21.0 and one 20.0 remotes. The tuner came with a 20.0 remote. So I have two of each.

I was looking on Amazon for this UHF box you mentioned and I see it but it says it comes with a 10.1 UHF remote.
That remote is numbered differently than the ones I have. Would my 21.0 remotes work with that UHF repeater?

This is the one I'm looking at, Amazon.com: Dish Network IR-to-UHF Pro Remote Control Upgrade Kit: Electronics

Thanks! :)

I don't know. But, i doubt it. I have a UHF remote from an old Dish 811 that doesn't work. Iceberg may know for sure.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)