Success with a ku motor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i guess when some people have to many buttons they must get confused. the video connection your using sounds like hdmi. if your pc is pushing audio on that cable then you have the ability for a single cable solution. the popping sound is probly an old driver or a setting. if you have an optical cable then the hdmi audio is redundant. if all you getting is center channel audio then you have another setting to look for. probably its the windows speaker settings are not set to 5.1. im sorry to say this but getting a reciever wont solve the issues if its got to many options it appears. it really sounds like you have good hardware but you need to set it up correctly.

crackt out,.

i guess when some people have to many buttons they must get confused. the video connection your using sounds like hdmi. if your pc is pushing audio on that cable then you have the ability for a single cable solution. the popping sound is probly an old driver or a setting. if you have an optical cable then the hdmi audio is redundant. if all you getting is center channel audio then you have another setting to look for. probably its the windows speaker settings are not set to 5.1. im sorry to say this but getting a reciever wont solve the issues if its got to many options it appears. it really sounds like you have good hardware but you need to set it up correctly.

crackt out,.

I'm not the only one that had this problem. LOTS of people do.

hdmi popping noise - Google Search

The hdmi (I got it now) is connected to the 2nd port which does not accept audio through it. When it is on the first port #1 the popping in the speakers is unbearable even with the volume of the pc set to zero and the volume of the tv set to zero. With the cable on port 2 there is no popping but of course that port ignores audio and only sees the video.
So the sound goes to a separate box on a cable with a red light in it. If you pull the cable out it's like a weak laser, I guess. This is the optical cable I assume. Kind of weird to send sound over light and pictures over wires if you ask me. Kind of backwards I think. But whatever.

There's just so many things I hate about the pc. Soooo many things.

Oh, one of the other things about this is that the tv, for instance, when I'm watching OTA with it's built in tuner, almost everything will fill the screen edge to edge, unless it's someone that's sending the old videos of yesteryear like the 4 x 3 stuff.

Several of the local stations broadcast in different resolutions. The TV deals with that and will rescale the picture to fill the screen. One station send out a 720 picture, another does a 1080, and one station sends a 1080 picture but everything is still in 480 format. On the pc it causes that station to display a tiny little box with a LOT of black border around it.

That same station tuned in with the TV tuner scales it up to fill the screen.

The pc does not at all adjust the screen between the different resolutions of different stations.
Almost every time I change channels on the pc I have to go to the pc and use the mouse to rescale the screen because if I zoom to fill the screen for one channel the next channel will be zoomed in way too much and is all cropped off so I have to zoom out, with the mouse.

If the TV can do it when it's using it's own tuner, why can't the pc do it? It's a flippin computer! It should be smart enough to figure these things out if the TV can do it!

Another thing I hate with a passion is that sometimes when I'm watching the pc it goes into some weird panoramic mode that makes me sick, the edges are severally distorted with a tiny area in the center that looks normal. It's like looking through a fish eye lens while dropping acid. When they pan the camera it's extremely nauseating and I have to look away from it.

It got into that mode one time and it took me months to figure out how to get it out of that.
I can't begin to imagine what they were thinking when they put that in the TV. It seems to be an option built into the tv but I've never seen it kick in except when watching stuff from the pc. It's never done that watching TV with it's own tuner.

I'm thinking my TV is a bit dated as it has no cool things built in, maybe I need to get a newer TV with more features and move this one to another room. It would make a wicked giant computer screen!

Attachments

• Screenshot-349.png
    Screenshot-349.png
    47 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot-351.png
    Screenshot-351.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 110
Oh, and I think I've gotten off course / topic about ku motors. Now I'm just b***hing about, stuff... :eek:

i think you need to turn on mytheatres osd and you can get it to force 16x9. i thinks its f11 on your keypad. there are some video options in that menu. i knows its an f key over f8. if you hate your pc so much i may be willing to trade a solemend pvr800 (same as s9) for that nova-s2.

crackt out,.

i think you need to turn on mytheatres osd and you can get it to force 16x9. i thinks its f11 on your keypad. there are some video options in that menu. i knows its an f key over f8. if you hate your pc so much i may be willing to trade a solemend pvr800 (same as s9) for that nova-s2.

crackt out,.

AH HA!

The F12 button brings up a menu of options I have never seen before! I then figured out that I can assign a button on the remote to the F12!

Now on there are things there I can change that MIGHT get me full use of my flat screen!

I haven't tried it in the room with the Vizio but I will be in a little while and I'll post what I find. I found out how to do a few things with the remote that I have been doing with the mouse and keyboard and new things I was totally unaware of. This may help make things more tolerable.

THANK YOU!!!

More later.. :D

Attachments

• ertvge5sbrts.jpg
    ertvge5sbrts.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 113
  • fgnhjmghmi.jpg
    fgnhjmghmi.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 118
crackt said:
your welcome. this hobby is all about pushing buttons. haha. hidden menus usually have all the best options.

crackt out,.

Well, it's not perfect but it gives me hope I may find a usable setting. It will take me a few days of messing with it to find the best setting but this puts me on the right path.

Thanks again! :D

Posted from my JB'd iPhone 3GS using the SatelliteGuys app

Thank you Crackt, the hidden menu (Why do they do that???????) that you pointed out to me, let me make adjustments so that the picture finally, at long last, totally fills the screen on my Vizio! Now stuff that is old, like MeTV shows that are filmed in the 4x3, well, they still have vertical bars on the sides but I'm ok with that. Other stuff, HD shows, totally adjust to fill the screen now. Even the local OTA TV that broadcasts in all sorts of crazy sizes. I am now getting full use of my big screen now! Woo hoo!

It took me about an hour of playing with all the settings and changing the windows desktop size but it works pretty darn good now... I feel a little less cheated now.. :)
I'll chill for a bit with this until I find a single tuner that does everything. I still want an "Everything box"..

Anyway.. So my dad bought a plastic tool box to put the outside lnb combiner in, just like I did. I went over there yesterday to show him how I made mine. While I was there I gave them some help with the Openbox and added the NBC stuff on 72 for them to their favorites.

Turns out that since they got it, they haven't gotten out of the favorites menu. They said they were afraid to mess with it. LOL!!
I showed them how to bring up the list of satellites and how to tune through them when they aren't in their favorites, just free roaming around through whatever they desire.

They also couldn't figure out how to browse the vacation photos I put on the disk so I showed them that, again.

I noticed that some channels were all broken up and my mom said that happens sometimes. It was then that I remembered that we needed to adjust the dish because it's a little loose and wiggly and you guys posted in another thread about how to fix that, backlash I believe is the term. We didn't have time to do that though because Dad had to get to the hardware store before they closed so we'll work on that next week. We decided that it's best to adjust it while I have my meter there in case it changes where it points and the whole things needs readjustment. They had just assumed that satellite doesn't always come in so good and they would just go tune in something else. I told them that NO!, that's not the case and that it should always come in perfectly with the exception of very strong winds (blowing the dish about) or heavy rains. All other times it should come in perfectly and that they need to let me know when it doesn't so we can fix it.

Otherwise, they are really enjoying FTA satellite a LOT. They are really digging Antiques Road Show most of all and the HD really makes it super nice.
Dad complained about the commercials on The History Channel, the repetitive animal abuse and sick kids stuff. He said once an hour is plenty but when they run them 20 times an hour that grates on his nerve and they lose his support. I'm with him there. But I reminded him that "Hey, it's FREE!" and that the hotels probably put their own local commercials over those so they are like PSA filler. I think. Anyway he shrugged and said "Yeah, I just mute it and go to the bathroom."

Mom hates the remote control. She is going blind with MD and the white text on the white buttons is a miserable design for her and Dad hates it too. I hate it. Dad has to take his glasses off to see the buttons, me and mom can't see them without our glasses. What a horrible design. Someone needs to make an aftermarket remote for this thing that has a few essential BIG buttons with high contrast lettering that are "old people friendly"... They should at least have an option for that when you buy the tuner, you can get a tuner with a remote for young people with perfect vision or a tuner with a remote for old people going blind. Sheesh... :mad:

But anyway, overall, they are really enjoying having FTA and I feel really good that I've had a part in bringing some enjoyment to them, for once.

There is a chance that I may be fixing them up with a small C band dish soon so they can get Me and This tv in addition to what they get now. They are going to LOVE FTA then! :D

I just hope that works out. I haven't acquired the dish yet so it's not a done deal but I've got my fingers crossed..

Oh, and I see you guys talk about this as a hobby. I think that for me, it's become an obsession. :cool:

Thanks guys, y'all are awesome!

well hobby and obsession arent that far apart. ive got 13 lnbs on 8 dishes (3 cband and 8 ku) feeding a whole bunch of recievers. i think i have 15 BUDs in storage and about 10 or so recievers that have been retired. all this nonsense started with an invacom qph031 and a coolsat 6000. thank god my fiance supports my hobby. its actually one of the criteria that makes me believe she is my soulmate. haha. im glad to hear your pleased with your progress. also i thinks its cool that you babysit your parents setup. i dont have patience to set my parents up. babysitting the one pc they have in their house is enuff.

crackt out,.

well hobby and obsession arent that far apart. ive got 13 lnbs on 8 dishes (3 cband and 8 ku) feeding a whole bunch of recievers. i think i have 15 BUDs in storage and about 10 or so recievers that have been retired. all this nonsense started with an invacom qph031 and a coolsat 6000. thank god my fiance supports my hobby. its actually one of the criteria that makes me believe she is my soulmate. haha. im glad to hear your pleased with your progress. also i thinks its cool that you babysit your parents setup. i dont have patience to set my parents up. babysitting the one pc they have in their house is enuff.

crackt out,.

Hahaha!! Yes, it's good that your wife is cool with this stuff. I used to be against it myself until I got exceptionally bored and found myself caught up in it. Now it's kinda fun. Sometimes. The feeling of accomplishment is the payoff. :D

My folks, I owe it to them, at the very least. They've done more for me than I can ever hope to repay them for. I owe them everything..

Thankfully they don't have internet at home so I don't have to deal with stuff like this! :rolleyes:

cassatroll.jpg

u can run ur coax thru ur coolsat then loop it out to ut pc card & use the stb to move ur motor instead of the pc card ( i did this with a pansat 3500 & a twinhan1020a for a while onan early dvbdream setup)

u can run ur coax thru ur coolsat then loop it out to ut pc card & use the stb to move ur motor instead of the pc card ( i did this with a pansat 3500 & a twinhan1020a for a while onan early dvbdream setup)

Oh, see, I don't understand how that would work though. Once upon a time I had the coolsat between the dishes and the pc but when you turned the coolsat on it shut off the signal to the pc, you couldn't use them both at once. It was one or the other. At least as far as I could figure it out.

try this..... hook the cable from the dishes to the cs.... then loop out to the card, turn the cs on to move the motor to the desired position & turn it off (power on back) then watch what u want... i know its a pain in the rear end to turn off power & such but it works, with an underpowered card it used to be the only option for a motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)