Sudden loss of all local channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

robm

Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Has anyone else experienced a sudden loss of all local channels? Last week I had 38 local channels scanning at a signal strength of 90+. Now I have 0 signal strength on all of them. I have checked all the connections, done hard and soft reboots on both receivers to no avail. The satellite channels come in fine.

I am wondering if this has anything to do with the Super-DMA rollout (I am in the Los Angeles area, ZIP is 92653). I don't know exactly when this started (busy having a baby :) ), but it seems to me it happened right around the time the Super-DMA was rolled out in my area.

I called Voom tech support and of course they had no idea what Super-DMA was. Then they sent an installer out to my old address (50 miles away). I am now waiting for them to reschedule me, but I doubt an installer is going to be able to fix this anyway. Any ideas?

try pulling the ota module out of the voom box and re-inserting it. Then, with the antenna attached, do a hard re-boot.

CS just had me do a hard reboot (unplugging the box), and now everything seems to be back... Whew - scarey for a sec :no

robm said:
Has anyone else experienced a sudden loss of all local channels? Last week I had 38 local channels scanning at a signal strength of 90+. Now I have 0 signal strength on all of them. I have checked all the connections, done hard and soft reboots on both receivers to no avail. The satellite channels come in fine.

I am wondering if this has anything to do with the Super-DMA rollout (I am in the Los Angeles area, ZIP is 92653). I don't know exactly when this started (busy having a baby :) ), but it seems to me it happened right around the time the Super-DMA was rolled out in my area.

I called Voom tech support and of course they had no idea what Super-DMA was. Then they sent an installer out to my old address (50 miles away). I am now waiting for them to reschedule me, but I doubt an installer is going to be able to fix this anyway. Any ideas?

I doubt it is the Super-DMA. I'm also in Los Angeles (90026) and have had no problems with the locals. Since you are getting 0 signal strength on all locals, have you checked the physical connection to the OTA antenna itself?

I have had the same things happening with my local channels. Yesterday i couldn't get my local ABC channels to work. Befor that it was my Fox channel and two days ago it was my PBS channels. My signal strength for ABC,PBS,CBS and NBC are all 95+ Fox is around 90-92. I never had any problems with my local channels befor the new encoders went online. Just like you i was reading 0 signal strength when scanning my OTA channels. Today most of them OTA are working but not all of them.

Missing locals

Make sure they are not hidden; Voom button, green button once, local channels, check to see if there is a black box next to channel that is highlighted, if there is, press ok to unhide it. Surprised that CSA's did not have you do this. Hope it works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts