Sunday Ticket avoiding blackouts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

UncleBuc

Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
Florida
I'm in the Tampa area, the Bucs home games haven't had blackouts since 97, until now...

I have a summer house out of state where I have minimal package just to have a TV up there, for when I'm up there.

My question is, I'm considering purchasing the NFL package at the vacation house/account, and bringing that receiver and that access card down to my house in Florida. Will this work? Since I have two accounts, and I pay for both, I figure I should reap the benefits no matter where I happen to be at a given time.

Anyone have any experience with this? If I do it, does the B-Band converter and everything have to go with the receiver from the mountain house, down to Florida?

Thanks in advance!

I'm in the Tampa area, the Bucs home games haven't had blackouts since 97, until now...

I have a summer house out of state where I have minimal package just to have a TV up there, for when I'm up there.

My question is, I'm considering purchasing the NFL package at the vacation house/account, and bringing that receiver and that access card down to my house in Florida. Will this work? Since I have two accounts, and I pay for both, I figure I should reap the benefits no matter where I happen to be at a given time.

Anyone have any experience with this? If I do it, does the B-Band converter and everything have to go with the receiver from the mountain house, down to Florida?

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the site !!!

How far away is the summer house.
You say you have two separate accounts ?
If thats so, you should be able to turn on the ST like your saying and bring the recvr and card with you, and YES you'll beed the BBC's if they are on the one your turning the ST on.
Now you have to determine what dish your using at each location, IF your using a SWM set up you won't need the BBC's, but you'll have to run the Sat set up again and change the dish to what ever type your using at the other location.

Do you know what dishes you are using ?

thanks so much for replying. They are both the slimline 5's.

I'm sorry, I'm lacking the vocab, ST? BBC is B Band Converter. What is SWM?

The summer house is about 900 miles from Tampa.

thanks so much for replying. They are both the slimline 5's.

I'm sorry, I'm lacking the vocab, ST? BBC is B Band Converter. What is SWM?

The summer house is about 900 miles from Tampa.

NP,
Ok,
ST Sunday Ticket
BBC you got that
SWM Single Wire Multiswitch, used when you only have one wire from the LNB to a splitter and power insertor then to the recvrs.

If they are both Slimline 5's your in good shape, no real changes are needed, move the recvr with the ST on it with the BBC's you'll need them, to the home and make all your connections, you should be good to go.
If for some reason it doesn't come right on, run the Reset Sat , but I doubt you'll need to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts