Sunday Ticket discounts

Status
Please reply by conversation.
^^ when i called, i antipicated the $180 offer so i was ready to counter it. I said that I only managed to watch 1/2 of the season last year and felt that if i paid 1/2 ($150), i would feel much better about the commitment...so they came back with 159 and the deal was done....i guess the key is to reject their $180 offer and come back with something lower

I just moved to a new place and called in for my free installation. While on the phone I figured this was the best time to get hooked up.

I declined the free hd dvr receiver which would require a 2 year extension.

I inquired about Sunday ticket and what could be done.

I ended up getting 179.95 for the season and a one time 20 dollar credit=159.95
+3 months of starz, showtime for free+
+Free MRV install/upgrade

Needless to say i'm a happy customer:D:D:D

I just moved to a new place and called in for my free installation. While on the phone I figured this was the best time to get hooked up.

I declined the free hd dvr receiver which would require a 2 year extension.

I inquired about Sunday ticket and what could be done.

I ended up getting 179.95 for the season and a one time 20 dollar credit=159.95
+3 months of starz, showtime for free+
+Free MRV install/upgrade

Needless to say i'm a happy customer:D:D:D

Awesome. If I could get ST for that price I would do it in a heartbeat.

I'd love to have another HD reciever (wo/DVR) for my home office but I get confused as to what it would cost to actually have the install done.

I hate to resurrect this thread but well....I am. My wife ordered ST last week without telling me (my birthday present.) I was wanting it, but was holding out to try and get a good deal. So anyway, she/we paid full price.

I was talking to a friend of mine before she did it, told him I was hoping to get the $20/month discount. I have been a customer for 10 years had ST for 6 or so, but not in the last 2. I have been out of contract for a few years. He asked what I thought he could get and I told him I doubt he gets any deal, since he just got DTV in March or so.

He calls me yesterday and tells me that he got the $20/month discount. I couldn't believe it. I am happy for him, but I am calling this evening and canceling ST unless they at least give me the same deal that they are giving a relatively new costumer that is still under contract.

I just thought I would share. There is hope for all of you that are under contract.

Ok, well, I hope you guys have better luck than I did. I called D and told them I wanted to cancel ST. The CSR asked why and I simply told her that I thought I was paying too much for it. She said okay is there anything else I can do for you. Just like that. Damn, I guess maybe I should have haggled a bit, but I thought surely they would offer me a better deal. Oh well, not sure if I will try again. It really Pisses me off though, that someone who has had D for less than a year and still under contract can get a better deal than a customer that has been with them for 10 years.

I love finding a rep in retentions that will work with you.

As a "new" customer, but not new enough. I ended up with $200 for ST and ST2G.

She had no problems working her magic, She told me she is not getting any prompts, so I had her add ST at regular price, and see what it would offer. When it prompted I wanted to cancel, it offered it for $200. $40X5 months

Ok, well, I hope you guys have better luck than I did. I called D and told them I wanted to cancel ST. The CSR asked why and I simply told her that I thought I was paying too much for it. She said okay is there anything else I can do for you. Just like that. Damn, I guess maybe I should have haggled a bit, but I thought surely they would offer me a better deal. Oh well, not sure if I will try again. It really Pisses me off though, that someone who has had D for less than a year and still under contract can get a better deal than a customer that has been with them for 10 years.

If you want a deal you have to tell them what you want. Many times they won't freely offer anything but if you ask for something specific, $20 off for 6 months, you will probably get it.

When you called, were you transferred to the Retentions Dept or did you speak to a regular mainline CSR?

I was wondering if you had said "Cancel" at the voice prompt or to a member of a "1st tier line" CSR. For most of us, if we're talking to the Retentions Dept, we've having sucess receiving these ST deals. I've been with DTV for 11 yrs.

Are new customer out of luck?

Been a DTV customer for several years, and each year, I had NFL Sunday Ticket, usually getting it at a better than advertised price. This year, I moved twice, so rather than pay the second moving reconnection fee, I simply placed the DTV service under my girlfriends name and I pay it.

Problem: Called DTV, said I was an existing DTV-NFL Sunday Ticket subscriber for many year and was looking for a better deal... they said "sorry, there are no offers available for this account"... I have no leverage here, as if I threaten to cancel, all they'll do is say they'll take my cancellation money through 2012 when the contract expires.

Any suggestions how a "new" old subscriber can get a deal on Sunday ticket?

I just called and asked what specials they had going for Sunday Ticket. She came back with $63.99 for 5 payments totalling $320. I said that was more than I could afford and she said one moment. Then she came back and said would you want any premium channels and I said no and she said that was the best offer she could provide. I said thank you and hung up. Now what?

I am new and they offered me nothing which is fine . Not worth the price for me . I was willing to pay something but , they turned me down . Seems they would take my offer of $ 185.00 just to get some money . Oh well . Wonder if I will survive ? Lol . Guess it depends on whom you communicate with . I did it by email just to see what kind of response I would get .:cool: And I subscribe to almost everything . With tax right now at the start it is costing me $ 120.00 . And that will go up in 6 months . But I am good with what I have

I am new and they offered me nothing which is fine . Not worth the price for me . I was willing to pay something but , they turned me down . Seems they would take my offer of $ 185.00 just to get some money . Oh well . Wonder if I will survive ? Lol . Guess it depends on whom you communicate with . I did it by email just to see what kind of response I would get .:cool: And I subscribe to almost everything . With tax right now at the start it is costing me $ 120.00 . And that will go up in 6 months . But I am good with what I have

You won't get any kind of offers through email. They will either say no or tell you to call in.

Sad to say and I am not be a hater or trying to tell anyone what to do with thier money but you asked. If anything close to the MSRP is way too much for any subscriber, then maybe going with only the games that are free to you via your affiliate is the BEST thing. After all its just TV and money can be better spent elsewhere in these cases where money is this tight.

Maybe you and a group of friends can all pool your money to get it at your place and make a weekly gathering of it.

Sad to say and I am not be a hater or trying to tell anyone what to do with thier money but you asked. If anything close to the MSRP is way too much for any subscriber, then maybe going with only the games that are free to you via your affiliate is the BEST thing. After all its just TV and money can be better spent elsewhere in these cases where money is this tight.

Maybe you and a group of friends can all pool your money to get it at your place and make a weekly gathering of it.

Yikes, imagine that!

They must be having issues drawing new customers. They are now advertising the new customer Free Premier w/ ST deal as the mover's connection gift. Going to call in the morning and see if they are able to give the deal to existing customers. It would make sense considering the fact that they wouldn't have to put out more money for new equipment like they do with legit moves.

If all else fails I guess I can set up a move back to our home and then "move" back after they do whatever they have to do.

I can not believe the deal I got after bouncing between the contractor number and retentions. They weren't able to add the ST deal but got close. Applied a general retention credit to offset the cost of ST, Starz free for 6 months, Showtime free for 6 months, Sports PAck free for 6 months, and HD Access free for 12 months.

Edit: The movers connection without moving workaround is apparently a non-starter. I was told that people have been getting fired for doing that.

Last edited:
I just called in to see if I could get the mover's connection NFL deal, even though I am not moving. She said that I couldn't since I was not moving, which is what I figured. She then asked if I am looking to leave DirecTV, and I told her that the NFL was the main reason that I came to DirecTV but since I have been priced out of it, I was seeing what my options were.

She then came back with an offer of a one-time $220 credit if I was interested, meaning I could get the NFL package for $100 total. I obviously took the deal and it has already showed up under my recent activity as the following:

09/08/2010 NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2010 - Gen Reten CR ($220.00) $0.00
09/08/2010 NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2010 HD - Charge $0.00 $0.00
09/08/2010 NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2010 - Charge $319.95 $0.00

Well I recently moved and when I moved they actually offered me the Sunday Ticket free/Premier Package for $60.00/5 months. I agreed with the deal and they scheduled a time to install my new service.

Well the day came for the install date and they called and said they had to reschedule the appointment because there weren't enough techs to do it the scheduled day (9/5/2010).

The lady went and gave me a new date (9/19/10). I told here that's not going to work because I have the Sunday Ticket package and I will not pay for it if I am going to miss the first two weeks of the season.

She then told me she would give me a year free of HD. I told her it wasn't about the money I told her I didn't want to miss any football games.
I told her I didn't even want to move the service and I wanted out of the EFT.
She then offered me $20.00/6 months.
I said no I want out because I bought DirectTV for one reason and that's Sunday Ticket...let me talk to a supervisor.

I was on hold for about 5 minutes and she came back and said she would offer everything plus Sunday Ticket to Go for free.
I forgot all about that and agreed that would work because I'll be able to watch the games online for free.

So I got a pretty good deal on everything.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)