Sunday Ticket discounts

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just spoke to a really nice CSR and asked if he could give me a good price and after a couple of minutes of us making small talk he offered me the $299 price with $10 off for six months. Not as good as some others on here, but oh well, $240 is better than $300.:up

I called today and asked if they could help on the price and got the $20 a month off for 6 months. I've had the ticket for the past four years.

Silly question, but can one account with multiple receivers have different tv packages? Ideally I would like English Package+Sports Pack+ST+HD. Pop has MAS ULTRA Deportes+2 STB+1 DVR.

Silly question, but can one account with multiple receivers have different tv packages? Ideally I would like English Package+Sports Pack+ST+HD. Pop has MAS ULTRA Deportes+2 STB+1 DVR.

Just edit the channels out .... the programming you f\get is available on all recvrs in your home.

Do a Custom channel set up.
Also you can use the Parental locks if you need to as well.

Are the parental locks for your parents?

I think the packages he's talking about are account wide packages. Its possible to add the ~30 spanish language channels to one of the english packages for about $15. I think that in some cases you might need a different dish or lnb.

Are the parental locks for your parents?

I think the packages he's talking about are account wide packages. Its possible to add the ~30 spanish language channels to one of the english packages for about $15. I think that in some cases you might need a different dish or lnb.

Ok, I can see English Package+Standalone Spanish channels as a viable option. Anyone have a list of said channels? I was unable to find it on DTV's site.

I found this:

DIRECTV Spanish Language Packages - Channel Lineup

Click on the 'directv/spanish' to get channel lineups.

The base spanish package is 35 channels (while the spanish add-on to the english package is 30), and it goes up to 60+ at the higher tiers.

I know the base directv english packages include some channels that are part or full time in spanish, so maybe thats got something to do with the difference in channel counts.

I couldnt find a dang thing that said what the 'en espanol' channel lineup consisted of. Maybe if you call them, they can direct you somewhere.

FWIW, I just got off the phone to cancel my NFLST especially after getting two emails advertising two different prices and the later saying the first was a mistake!! Anyway I just wanted to cancel, so we did the small talk thing and the guy was very nice, an Hispanic gent from Dallas, had to hear about how the Cowboys man handled Drew Brees and the Saints last season and then he offered me the deal for $180, I politely told him no thanks, he canceled it and away I went.

Are you guys keeping Sunday To-Go with your Sunday Ticket or canceling? I'm thinking of canceling since I'm not really going to use it.

When does Directv start charging for the first payment for the ticket? When I go online to their site under my account it lists:

NFL SUNDAY TICKET $0.00

When I go to my Qwest account, which I pay my Directv bill through it lists;

NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2010 0.00
Renewal Notice: No Payment Due

Last year I ended up getting the ticket for free and was thinking maybe they auto renewed me for the free price? Also I went to channel 112 and it says I am authorized.

Hey guys, this is my post from about 3 weeks ago. Still have not been billed at all for the ticket. My Qwest bill still shows the same aswell as my directv online bill. The only difference now is that I just got a letter from Directv saying they are sorry that my Sunday Ticket may have been unintentionally disconnected and they apologize. It then says it has been fully restored.... Not sure what the deal is?

Great Price for NFL TICKET!

I decieded to call Direc to see if their were any ''specials'' for the NFL ticket.

As per some direc subs on our site recomended calling because they were running
a promo for free premium channels.

I think I got one better. I was totally not expecting this.

The CSR gave me the NFL ticket for 179..

I paid full on the spot.

Wow, that made my night.

I want to thank some of the direc folks on this site for suggesting to call again.

Gotta love this site!!!:rolleyes:

I think it's great you got that deal, but now they are going to get a thousand calls from here asking for the same thing ..

I got a call last week from DirecTV. They offered me premiere and ST for $3 more a month. It was because I have Total Choice +, which is an older package. After the promo is over, I will have to choose a newer package.

What package did you have before you called DirecTV? Did you upgrade your package, or was ST added to your current package as if it was a premium channel?

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
They often offer that deal to customer that had NFLST and ask to cancel. They do $20 off the $49 price for six months, netting $179. Some do the $179 one payment too.

Sounds like the CSR just offered you that same promo. Usually used for previous subscribers, but hey, you enjoy!

I was given the same deal plus a little more. I received the $20 off for 6 mths from the package , plus was given HD for free for 2 years and the CSR told me by the time the 2 year period is over HD will probably either be built into package pricing or be free. Essentially beginning this month I am paying $30 less per month than I was before.

I just tried, they wouldn't give me anything. I guess I'll try again tommorrow and threaten to cancel.

start your conversation with "a billing mistake" =)

This is how I went to get my $20 off for 6 months on sunday ticket. I told the csr their billing office made a boo boo on my bill, I was supposed to get $30 off for 6 months when I called in june. I got them to side with me on the discount which it only took 10 mins overall from start to finish. press 4 to cancel to connect with retention office. :angel:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts