Sunday Ticket discounts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Spoke to a rep last night about NFL. She quickly offered me a reduced price of $39.99 for 6 months ($240) and I said I can't afford that. I asked her about sportss pack and if Directv was going to add redzone like Dish did to the sports pack. She said wait a second and then offered free redzone as a standalone channel. She did offer me NFlST again after discussing redzone for the $240 but never dropped to the $180 price. I didn't pust the price though, I watch redzone or one of the nationally aired games most of the time anyway.

I did not have NFL last year but did the year before. I actually called to cancel Showtime but she offered $5 off that for 6 months so I kept it and we got to talking aboutother options. I am very pleased, as pratically always with Directv.

Hmm, I've never heard of the Redzone channel as a separate offering on directv. I'd just take that and skip the sunday ticket if they offer that.

I think if you HAVE the sunday ticket and are canceling, you can get the $20/6 discount. If you're trying to get it and arent talking to retentions, they offer $10/6 off the price, which is what you got.

I received the $20 off for six months deal too.

I just called the 800-531-5000 number to reach billing department. Once I reached a rep, I asked about getting a discount on NFL ST. I was then transferred to the "group that handles that service". Once I reached the second rep, I said that I read online that there is a promo to current customers to get $20 discount for six months for auto-renew NFL ST. The rep said that he would have to check for that discount and within 30 seconds came back and said that it is available and that he can apply it to my account. Total call took just about 15 minutes with most of that time spent waiting on hold to reach the two different reps. Once I reached the second rep, the conversation and the time spent to apply the discount took less than five minutes.

Great experience!

My credit showed up on my account today so it's all good and I want to say thanks to Directv for great customer service and understanding. Also, I'm thinking of canceling the sunday ticket to-go seeing as how I don't need it since I wont be watching any games from the computer or phone. Anyone else cancel the to-go?

i had to be transferred to retention to get my discount. no shock but the first csr i spoke with was totally clueless and accused me of confusing directv with uverse......totally unreal.

Spoke to a very polite lady today. And I was offered 10.00 off for six months. Not the 20.00, but I have some other credits right now and apreciate the 10.00 off so I took it. Any savings is a good savings!! Thanks Direct!

i.m new to direc tv only been with d since june 19.i was with e for 8 years,i have call d trying to get nfl st at a discount and d would not give me a discount.Is it because i'm a new customer? need help with this.

If your a new customer you may have programming credits right now so they might now be able to offer you any more discounts??...Just my guess

I received the $20 off for six months deal too.

I just called the 800-531-5000 number to reach billing department. Once I reached a rep, I asked about getting a discount on NFL ST. I was then transferred to the "group that handles that service". Once I reached the second rep, I said that I read online that there is a promo to current customers to get $20 discount for six months for auto-renew NFL ST. The rep said that he would have to check for that discount and within 30 seconds came back and said that it is available and that he can apply it to my account. Total call took just about 15 minutes with most of that time spent waiting on hold to reach the two different reps. Once I reached the second rep, the conversation and the time spent to apply the discount took less than five minutes.

Great experience!

Why don't they just give it to all of the Auto Renew's then.

Usually they give the Auto Renew's $ 20 off, not per month.
That would be a nice discount, you should have to call in and HOPE for a discount.

i.m new to direc tv only been with d since june 19.i was with e for 8 years,i have call d trying to get nfl st at a discount and d would not give me a discount.Is it because i'm a new customer? need help with this.

Had you waited a month or so you could have got the BEST discount D* offers each year, the ST/ Premier discount.

Sunday Ticket Discount

Hi guys.

I've been getting ST for 4 years. Here is my story.

I called last month and was offered 6 ($10) rebates. I asked if there was anything someone else could do. They switched me to a different dept that might be able to help. The woman there couldn't do better so they switched me back to the regular customer service to cancel.

The guy ask why I was cancelling. I told him the economy, etc. He said OK "I'll put it through now." I said to myself, "Damn" but was still ready to cancel.

All of a sudden, he says "I found a one-time $100 discount to be applied right away. Do you want it?". So I said, "of course, why didn't anyone tell me that in the first place". Anyway, to make a short story long, the credit was in my account the minute I hung up.

So, I'm getting my ST again. This time for $200 total. Not bad.

Phil

He said OK "I'll put it through now." All of a sudden, he says "I found a one-time $100 discount to be applied right away

They were trying to call your bluff. If after he said I'll put it through and you said wait, let me think about it, type thing, the $10/6mo credit would have saved you.

You are already on a promo getting your base package half price, essentially around $30/mo off.

They will not give you a deal on NFL this year. They might not even give you a deal on NFL next year until you are out of contract (2012). The last new customer promo is one of the best they ever offered ($35 choice xtra & Free HD)

I just called and said ST was too expensive and they came back with the $20 off for 6 months. Not bad. I have had ST a couple of times in the past and I've been a customer since 2006.

I received an email saying I am renewed at 6 payments of $44.99. However, my first charge was at $49.99. So I called in. The level 1 rep couldn't do anything, of course, so they transferred me. The girl I spoke to said she can offer me $20 off per month for 6 months on the Sunday Ticket package. So naturally I said I'll take that.

How long does it take for promos to update on the acct? In the past, my acct usually updates in minutes. This change was made about 30 minutes ago, and my acct doesn't reflect the new discount yet.

I've been a subscriber since 9/07 and have always gotten ST.

I usually dont see credits and stuff like that until the next day.
okay, cool. I'll keep an eye out. All I wanted was what my email said, 6/$44.99. But when she offered $20 off each month, my jaw dropped. So I'm a little antsy. :)

My discount was applied to my acct. I'll always be a DTV customer as long as they have Sunday Ticket, but also because they have been very generous to me with discounts.

I have been with D since '97 and have had ST since its inception. I called D and once I got a csr they referred me to another dept. I was honest and told them that I could not afford the current price. They also gave me the $20.00 off for 6 months. The same price I paid last year with the superfan package. The price for the first year of the ticket was $79.00 however.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts