Sunday Ticket: Dolphins v. Texans no HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hammond22

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
The CBS Sports web site as well as numerous other sources show the game being broadcast in HD. The problem is there is no HD listing for the game on my program guide and the D* web site shows this as being SD only. What gives? The Dolphins suck, but I'd still like to see the games in HD.

The guide isn't matching the listing on NFL.COM. 726 says SIGNOFF on the guide, but NFL.com shows that to be the brown/patriots, so dolphins/texams would be on 704 and 719.

I live in Houston and my CBS says the game will be in HD, so I would assume that it will be available for you as well.

The CBS Sports web site as well as numerous other sources show the game being broadcast in HD. The problem is there is no HD listing for the game on my program guide and the D* web site shows this as being SD only. What gives? The Dolphins suck, but I'd still like to see the games in HD.
Dolphins/Texans?? Why are we wondering about this when we should be analyzing the current abomination of there being no listing for the HD version of the Niners/Ravens game!

The Directv weekly five schedule (that was sent via email on 10/4) stated that the Dolphins/Texans were going to be in HD on 719. That channel was actually showing the Patriots/Browns (which Directv had listed as 726). I only have Directv for the NFLST to watch the Fins. I realize that there is limited bandwidth with the current MPEG2 format that is being used, but it is very disappointing to get teased by Directv that they will be showing the game in HD -- and then they don't. The RZC channel had them in HD; plus, the NFL Network replay yesterday afternoon was in HD. So, the NFL and CBS were broadcasting the game in HDl but, it just looks like Directv selected us as the poor fans stuck with SD. Very, very disappointing; especially since the Fins are not having a good year and I'm guessing that this will not be the only time this season that we'll be stuck with SD.

Marty.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)