Sunday Ticket Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tknopf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2004
Wausau, Wisconsin
I've subscribed to the D* Sunday Ticket for several years now. I've always been able to watch the same games that are on my local cable stations on satellite(Sunday Ticket). Today, the games on CBS and FOX that are on cable are NOT on Sunday Ticket. I get a "This game is not available in your area" message. Get this.....I just watched the Vikings/Cowboys first half on channel 95 in HD. This game IS ON my local Fox station. Now, after halftime, the game is no longer available...I get the "Game is not available in your area" message. What is going on???? Anybody else have this happen?
LOOKING FOR ANSWERS!
TMAN

tknopf said:
I've subscribed to the D* Sunday Ticket for several years now. I've always been able to watch the same games that are on my local cable stations on satellite(Sunday Ticket). Today, the games on CBS and FOX that are on cable are NOT on Sunday Ticket. I get a "This game is not available in your area" message. Get this.....I just watched the Vikings/Cowboys first half on channel 95 in HD. This game IS ON my local Fox station. Now, after halftime, the game is no longer available...I get the "Game is not available in your area" message. What is going on???? Anybody else have this happen?
LOOKING FOR ANSWERS!
TMAN
posted in another thread on this exact same issue--what is up with ST this season-Don't blackout my Fox games for ANY REASON D*!!!!!

Gimme my Dallas-Minny in HD please-what is going on?????

The DirecTV response was that if your local game is being shown on your local affiliate, then it's blacked out on Sunday Ticket. That must be a new policy this year. I know it wasn't that way in previous years.

This is complete bull****. When D* signed me back up fo ST they didn't say a change in rules will apply. They are screwing alot of people.

I read that a customer was able to get a $1.50 credit on his bill. I plan on keeping track of everygame and demanding a credit in the full amount. For me I am already at $6.00.

I want to call and demand an explanation but I can't get through on the phone.

In the past I could watch whatever game I wanted. And D* doesn't even have my locals.

I assume that the blackout applies because of local not getting the advertising.

I pay $12 a month for HBO and their are no commercials. For $189 not only should we get every game but it should be commercial free.

Does the new Sirius service blackout local games? It would be worth it to find out.

I hate this situation and I am interested in fighting back.

SS

brainiac said:
The DirecTV response was that if your local game is being shown on your local affiliate, then it's blacked out on Sunday Ticket. That must be a new policy this year. I know it wasn't that way in previous years.

I noticed the same dang thing. I've never had Cowboys games blacked out here in Austin, but today I went to channel 95 and it said the game wasn't available in my area. Ugh! I can't get our local FOX affiilate in HD OTA so I had to watch in crappy SD. I called DirecTV but after 20 mins on hold I gave up and will call later in the week.

Saddlesitting said:
This is complete bull****. When D* signed me back up fo ST they didn't say a change in rules will apply. They are screwing alot of people.

I read that a customer was able to get a $1.50 credit on his bill. I plan on keeping track of everygame and demanding a credit in the full amount. For me I am already at $6.00.

I want to call and demand an explanation but I can't get through on the phone.

In the past I could watch whatever game I wanted. And D* doesn't even have my locals.

I assume that the blackout applies because of local not getting the advertising.

I pay $12 a month for HBO and their are no commercials. For $189 not only should we get every game but it should be commercial free.

Does the new Sirius service blackout local games? It would be worth it to find out.

I hate this situation and I am interested in fighting back.

SS

I feel your pain. And I actually thought it was just me that was getting that message, but obviously, I wasn't alone. Luckily, I could still watch those blacked-out games on local cable TV (because Directv doesn't offer local channels in my area). About the Sirius question, I had no problems getting all of the games (even the local games).

I just signed up for ST and noticed that I wasn't able to watch any locally broadcast game on the ST channels. Though I was able to watch the Eagles/Giants game up until halftime...is that just when they figured it out? Also, I don't know why but the Skins/Bucs game was blacked out for me down here in miami....I have no idea why, any clues??

These rules were changed last year, and is old news. "Actual number of games varies by market due to blackout rules and other conditions. To order with your remote, all DIRECTV receivers must be connected to the same land based phone line. Sports subscriptions automatically continue each year at a special rate, provided DIRECTV carries this service, unless customer calls to cancel prior to the start of the season. Signal theft is subject to civil and criminal penalties. Games broadcast locally may not be available in your subscription..." http://www.directvsports.com/Packages/NFLSundayTicket/
I don't like it either guys, but it isn't like it wasn't disclosed.

Alan

I had the same problem with the games that were shown by my local affiliates being blacked out on the Sunday Ticket, which had never happened to me in the past. I called to complain and to inform them that I had waivers in place from both the local stations that had those games and they still wouldn't turn them on! I was able to find one of the 3 that they had blacked out on the CBS HEast feed, but I missed 2 games. Not sure what to do about it, but I'm definitely unhappy with Directv...

Yes they changed the rules last year about the locals. Before last year it was wide open.

The reason I did not renew this year is not about having to watch locals for a particular game but that if the early game was running long the long station had to change to the local team (Broncos). This is Okay but then this early game then becomes an "out-of-market" game which I should be a allowed to watch to the end.

This happened 5 different times in different weeks. I was told that the NFL makes the rules. Well if you go and read the rules on the NFL web site a person should be able to receive this out of market game so D* is being lazy and not switching on the transponders for the early games as they are running late and are no longer being carried by the local station.

I live in the middle of the woods in the U.P. of Michigan and had the Lions-Bears Game and the Minnesota game blacked out for the same reason. The only issue I have is that we already had a waiver in place because even the local network recognizes that we can't recieve from them (we get FOX NYC/LA) and the waiver was ignored. Even worse...when we called D* we were told thank you for calling and the supervisor hung up on us!

Who can someone call if there is a waiver in place?????

HELP!!!

Distants have no effect on the NFLST..its only locals

If your local CBS or FOX is carrying the game, REGARDLESS IF YOU CAN RECEIVE IT OTA OR VIA LOCALS, it will be blacked out

This has been in place for 3 years now...2 years throughout the US and 1 year in beta markets.

I'm assuming since you said UP of Michigan, WMQF (Marquette) was the FOX that was carrying it

tknopf said:
LOOKING FOR ANSWERS!
TMAN

This is EXACTLY how it was for me last year and I pitched a #&$* over it but got used to it... (the local hi def channels are better quality anyways)

I guess you guys got lucky if it wasn't that way for you... and the reason you had the 1st half and not the second half is so you can get the 1st part of the game in case the bears game had have gone into overtime or anything like that.... They know by halftime the 1st game is over so then they black it out.

Yes WMQF is who was carrying the game. We live about 35 miles south of Marquette and couldn't get WMQF with a 200 foot antenna!

This was all a surprise to us since we didn't have a problem at all last year and did not have one single game blacked out the entire season.

So you mean to tell me in so many words that even with a waiver, I am the pround owner of a $200(+) pile of warm crap???

DSTAC said:
Yes WMQF is who was carrying the game. We live about 35 miles south of Marquette and couldn't get WMQF with a 200 foot antenna!
WMQF is lower powered. 500KW versus 5000KW for a full powered UHF station

This was all a surprise to us since we didn't have a problem at all last year and did not have one single game blacked out the entire season.
last year they were suppose to black it out, but maybe didnt. This year, Direct has the resources to do it nationwide
So you mean to tell me in so many words that even with a waiver, I am the pround owner of a $200(+) pile of warm crap???

depends on what you want to see. If you want the Lions, then yes.
If you want to see the Broncos, then no.

Thanks

I wouldn't be concerned but it looks like that station in Marquette is going to carry Packer games...big problems for me if they do!

Sorry but I have to join in with other posters I experienced it last year. I think I watched 1 game on NFL Sunday ticket the rest on my locals. No I didn't renew my subscription.

DSTAC said:
Thanks

I wouldn't be concerned but it looks like that station in Marquette is going to carry Packer games...big problems for me if they do!

just looked at next weeks game is Bears/Packers on WMQF

They probably will carry the Lions games unless they are somewhere else (next week they're on CBS)

So I guess the letter of complaint needs to go to Paul Tagliabu?

I wish thing were the way they were last year. Everything was soo much better.

Does anyone know of a website that can play football games over the internet?

I mean we can put a man on the moon and cure cancer but I can't watch a hometown football game. Even if that's what I paid for.

Directv and the NFL should go into the used car business, they are great at screwing people.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)