Sunday Ticket stays on Directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
DirecTV: Collecting The Ticket For $95
Oct. 3, 2014 2:39 PM ET | About: DIRECTV (DTV), Includes: T

Disclosure: The author is long DTV. (More...)
Summary

The extension of the NFL Sunday Ticket removes the major hurdle to the acquisition of DirecTV by AT&T.
The collar price of the offering reduces the prime impact up to the closing day.
At this point, investors have limited downside and solid upside with a price target of $95 on closing of the deal.

With the extension of the NFL Sunday Ticket, DirecTV (NASDAQ:DTV) is all but assured to finalize the merger with AT&T (NYSE:T) for $95. Sure regulatory issues exist, but the limited overlap on pay-TV customers shouldn't pose a large threat to closing the deal. The real question is whether waiting around for the closing of the deal in early 2015 to collect $95 is worth it for a stock trading around $87.35. http://seekingalpha.com/article/2539335-directv-collecting-the-ticket-for-95

Now see, thats different ....

The RZ is great for the viewer that wants to see highlights of games ...
For those that follow thier teams religiously you can't go with just the RZ channel.

Yeah I can't watch RZ Channel over seeing every 49ers game in full. I love RZ for when the 49ers aren't on, which is usually early PM games, rarely do they play a 1PM EST game, I think 1 all year long this year.

I do get bored quickly of other teams games, so RZ Channel is a must, I don't mind the DirecTV version, had Dish's version when I was a sub with them in 2009.

i want to see them offer a per game price
id rather pay for just the games i want to see, i dont need them all

DirecTV might have a fantasy plan
Nov 25 2014, 13:40 ET | By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

An exec with DirecTV (DTV +0.5%) says the company could integrate a partnership with a daily fantasy sports operator such as FanDuel or DraftKings into its NFL Sunday Ticket package.
The two daily fantasy leagues have shown explosive growth over the last couple of years
A fantasy initiative could help DirecTv offset the $1.5B per season that it will pay for Sunday Ticket beginning next season.
http://seekingalpha.com/news/2147935-directv-might-have-a-fantasy-plan#email_link

DirecTV hikes NFL Sunday Ticket prices
Jan 20 2015, 10:41 ET | By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

DirecTV (DTV -0.1%) increases the price of NFL Sunday Ticket by 5% to a base rate of $251.94.
The premium package is 7% higher at $353.94.
Previously: DirecTV reaches Sunday Ticket deal, removes AT&T deal hurdle (Oct. 01 2014)
Previously: DirecTV might have a fantasy plan (Nov. 25 2014)
http://seekingalpha.com/news/223006...8:d13cdc0d88385654635e029a66a89f51#email_link

NFL ST subs had better get ready to take it in the short. 1.5 billion divided by 4 million NFL ST subs equals $375 per year...
No thanks. I will stick with Dish and the Red Zone for $12 per month.
95% of the ST subs will never pay anywhere close to your suggested $ 375.

I find it extremely hard to watch MY team when having only the Red Zone channel.

If all you want to do is see 1/10th of the game, great, but you can't follow your team.

I thought u had to have Sunday Ticket on Direct to get the Red Zone. Am I wrong?

Not sure if it has changed, but a few years back when I had direct, if you called to discuss just getting Redzone, it could be done

Not sure if it has changed, but a few years back when I had direct, if you called to discuss just getting Redzone, it could be done

Hmm. That's a thought. Of course, I like the one with Scott Hanson that I got when I was with Dish better than the Directv version, but it might be worth a shot.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts