Sunstar ST-5000HD DVB-S2 HD HDMI receiver for $44 shipped

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Update.... As most of you know, I probably own at least one of almost any receiver that has ever manufactured. Typically, will eventually give away these testing samples in various contests here on Satelliteguys without review or comment.

I reassured him that my receiver purchase was simply to add the STB to my collection and to increase my knowledge about available receivers.
Brian:
little different here get them and keep the good ones like a pet or like fishing and the bad ones throw back..
best hd picture : SV-8000,9200 testing on 62 & 73'' DLP's
best sd picture : 3500,IV-200 tested on 40'' crt tv
all the keepers have good things. hard to give them up still have the fortec 5400 don't use it but was a great one years ago.

thanks Brian for having high quality fta stuff

I can see a small installer buying such a receiver for ethnic or religious customers.
Thinking one fixed dish; at most two LNBs.
What we used to call a Granny-receiver.

But for our master or more serious receiver, I'd want something more substantial.

Sorry about delay just got to USVI so no roaming.

Got this email Monday from digiwave.

Dear Dave,

Good morning.

Thanks for your business.

HD9003PVR supports 4:2:2.

UL listed power. But it doesn’t get the FCC 15 for this shipment.

Well Today is the last day estimated on shipping for my 2 sunstar ST-5000HD from seller paintforcars on ebay and still no sign of them

Well Today is the last day estimated on shipping for my 2 sunstar ST-5000HD from seller paintforcars on ebay and still no sign of them

Same here for me. I bought one last wed. from paintforcars on ebay and they marked it shipped on friday and it was estimated to be delivered no later then this tuesday. So far nothing

I hope you all get a very quick refund if no receivers.

Same here for me. I bought one last wed. from paintforcars on ebay and they marked it shipped on friday and it was estimated to be delivered no later then this tuesday. So far nothing

well the post office here said fedex dropped something off for me I am hoping it is them

Bugsy1 said:
well the post office here said fedex dropped something off for me I am hoping it is them

Nice will you please post some pics. :)

HD9003PVR supports 4:2:2.

I believe that there is some terminology confusion here... Many manufacturers and distributors confuse our requests for 4:2:2 (ITU-R Recommendation BT.601 transmission) with the YUV component outputs which is referred to as 4:2:2. Will confirm shortly when the Digiwave samples arrive, but I have little doubt that this unit DOES NOT receive 4:2:2 dvb transmissions.

ok guys got my Sunstar ST-5000HD boxes in today they have their good and bad aspects so far havent really did a lot with them since I have just been home a few minutes but I did a fast blind scan and it detected one less transponder than my openbox s10 and more than my pansat units scan was under 2 minutes and it scans the channels in for each transponder as it goes they do not come with a hdmi cable so I used the small rca cables supplied with them and had to adjust the res on the stb for my tv in the menu hooked the other up with a hdmi cable I have and it came on just fine I will post more when I play around with it more also the power plug isnt polarized the menu and the add says it has diseqc 1.2 and it is really 1.0 so I can only use with a 4x1 instead of my 8x1's PICT0137.JPGPICT0138.JPG

8x1 is a must, are u sure no 8x1? and does it do bandstacked lnbz?

All of my Lnb's are bandstacked For my salvaged dish 105 ku lnbs that I have on all of my ku sats I scan LO 11250 V only in a blind scan and for my B1sat I scan H only with 5750 Im still playing around with it and I emailed oceansat about the 1.0 issue and asked about the symbol rate if they are going to have a software mod to fix it to make it go to 1.0 instead of 4.0 in the near future Oh yea another downside is it comes preloaded with a eastern hemisphere satellite list so until we find a software editor we will have to use the remote to delete everything and edit it to how we want it

ok it uses abs files and a userdb satellite list so it should be compatible with openbox editors the maincode is M3601SAllCode.abs Channel data is defaultdb.ddf

PICT0139.JPGPICT0143.JPGPICT0144.JPGPICT0145.JPGPICT0146.JPGPICT0148.JPGPICT0149.JPGPICT0150.JPGPICT0151.JPGPICT0152.JPGPICT0153.JPGPICT0154.JPGPICT0155.JPGPICT0156.JPG
Any of your dishes have motors? Curious if it handles USALS or not.

it has a mover feature I havent tested it yet I have a independent dish positioner in my living room for my 6' cband dish my other ku sats are stationary to edit my channel list I used the openbox s9 editor and saved my openbox list as a .ddf file to a flash drive then did the flash db onthe st-5000hd did a factory reset and there everything was

Last edited:
Very interesting....not looking very appealing so far.

Looks so far like it is worse than a Openbox.;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts