Switching

wvman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 19, 2014
N. Central WV
I'm running 8 dishes, both C & Ku and I've been experiencing an issue switching between satellites. When it happens, it can take as much as 20 seconds for it to switch to another dish.

I have the receiver set to send the switch code twice.
I changed the switch, ran a new feed line to the receiver and even replaced all the cables from the switch to each dish.

A few days ago, I even installed a new receiver. So far, it hasn't failed to switch, but it takes its good old time doing it. Other times, it switches as it should. It's a bit of a mystery why it's doing this. Below is a photo of my switch cabinet.

The Pansat switches were replaced some time back due to a lightning strike. It didn't hit the system directly, but it was close enough to trash the switches. Oddly enough, it never damaged the LNBF's.

Also, my wife likes to watch Reelz on 127W. It plays fine most of the time until the sun breaks over the mountain in the morning, and it's unwatchable most of the day until after sunset. I have 5G on my phone, but why would 5G only interfere with the signal throughout the day and not at night? If its in frequency, why wouldn't it be all the time?

The only airport's behind a mountain to our north, over45 miles away. We have a small local airport, but it's not equipped with radar. Any ideas?

1716393840574.jpeg

Dish Derusting Continues

Too Late To Join the C-Band Game?