Tablet Market Share

There are those that wanted or thought the tablets could replace the laptop/netbook, but they will be disappointed. Current designs are all centered around touch and while you can use a keyboard with most of them in one way or another, I doubt the mouse will show up. Primarily because there is no cursor, so what are you going to move?

Geronimo:

My tablet (Asus Transformer Prime) is used like a laptop more than it is used like a tablet. I don't consider my usage typical, as I check our public presence on it routinely.

I'm surprised Apple won't let you use a Bluetooth mouse. Android lets me with no issues when I use a decent mouse. A cheap ($10) didn't get the job done.

There are those that wanted or thought the tablets could replace the laptop/netbook, but they will be disappointed. Current designs are all centered around touch and while you can use a keyboard with most of them in one way or another, I doubt the mouse will show up. Primarily because there is no cursor, so what are you going to move?

When the BT mouse is activated (or a USB mouse which I have also used) a cursor appeared in HC, ICS and now JB on my tablet.

My son wants me to buy him a laptop with touchscreen and tablet features of Windows 8. I just bought him an $800 laptop last year for engineering school.

His argument was that the laptop is not suitable for integrating circuit diagrams and calculus formulas. So earlier this week we went to BB and bought a small tablet that fits into the case and allows him to add these things to his notes.

I certainly can see the value here, but can't justify the expense this quickly.

I have a 1st gen iPad, and I use that as a tablet. Don't try to do heavy editing or data entry. Simply a browser/mail reader/interactive map/games at the airport/etc device. It keeps me from having to lug a laptop on trips.

I went to Best Buy today to check on the Surface RT. Surprise for me... They said the Surface will not be sold at Best Buy, only at Microsoft Stores. Is this a stupid move by Microsoft or what? The nearest one to me is in Orlando, 145 miles away!

However, speaking for myself, I would not hesitate to pull the rigger on an iPad form factor that ran all my robust software I use on a daily basis on my windows desktop.
I can't imagine what it would be like using software that relies heavily on the middle and right mouse buttons. I've already had my fill of the ribbon getting in my way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)