Please reply by conversation.

schnej2

Original poster
Aug 6, 2011
mid-Michigan
Hello All,

New Member/Poster,

Well - its tailgate time of year!

My question to you guys - I have been given the assignment to search/recommend the best DirecTv tailgate solution. Need HD and if money is not being the show stopper what would you recommend?

We park in someone's front lawn so there is a little slope I have to deal with.

In my research so far - this looks like the best thing out there so far

Winegard SK-3005

What is your thoughts? I was thinking of either getting a new Hxx receiver for this or just grabbing a H20 I use at home... and would try to mount this on a piece of plywood/custom frame I make and put it on a roof rack/rails on a SUV.

Opinions or better solutions out there?

Thanks

Schnej2

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

There are MUCH cheaper ways to go for a tailgate setup. You can get a tripod and dish from someplace like SolidSignal. The initial setup and alignment is a bit tricky, but it's not that difficult and gets easier each time. You can use the H20 from your home, it will work just fine. Do a search and you will find numerous threads on the details.

Agree with the above; unless you are on the road 100-150+ days of the year then the Winegard SK-3005 is a total waste of money. I have 2 truckers friends that had these or similar and even said they wouldn't do it again after seeing how it can be done like mentioned above.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts