Please reply by conversation.

schnej2

Original poster
Aug 6, 2011
mid-Michigan
Hello All,

New Member/Poster,

Well - its tailgate time of year!

My question to you guys - I have been given the assignment to search/recommend the best DirecTv tailgate solution. Need HD and if money is not being the show stopper what would you recommend?

We park in someone's front lawn so there is a little slope I have to deal with.

In my research so far - this looks like the best thing out there so far

Winegard SK-3005

What is your thoughts? I was thinking of either getting a new Hxx receiver for this or just grabbing a H20 I use at home... and would try to mount this on a piece of plywood/custom frame I make and put it on a roof rack/rails on a SUV.

Opinions or better solutions out there?

Thanks

Schnej2

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

There are MUCH cheaper ways to go for a tailgate setup. You can get a tripod and dish from someplace like SolidSignal. The initial setup and alignment is a bit tricky, but it's not that difficult and gets easier each time. You can use the H20 from your home, it will work just fine. Do a search and you will find numerous threads on the details.

Agree with the above; unless you are on the road 100-150+ days of the year then the Winegard SK-3005 is a total waste of money. I have 2 truckers friends that had these or similar and even said they wouldn't do it again after seeing how it can be done like mentioned above.

Status
Please reply by conversation.