Talk about not paying attention:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TimLones111

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Canton, Ohio
As most know from other threads, I just started in FTA within the last week with one 36" dish pointed at Galaxy 18 123 West..While I was looking at several of the network stations and such that were on there, I mainly was wanting RTN stations..I knew of the Equity/RTN problems but figured on that big Satellite there would be one or two RTN's left over.WRONG! In reading through old posts here, I realize now that all the RTN's moved to other satellites..And there is not even one RTN affiliate on there..So much for being aware..LOL..I guess now I have to put the motor up at some point soon..

Last edited:
Yep unless you want only RTN , and maybe some newsfeeds on AMC9 you need a motor.
Or a 2nd stationary dish.

Yep unless you want only RTN , and maybe some newsfeeds on AMC9 you need a motor.
Or a 2nd stationary dish.

I originally had a motor on the dish, but was having a hard time getting it peaked..I just said heck with it and got it lined up where it is now..I still have the motor, so I may look into putting it back on soon.

I thought there was still 1 RTN feed on G10? There was a few weeks ago when I was looking, but maybe it is gone?
I think Iceburg, 'buff and I were discussing in the "Red Notice" thread that it had been labelas both KBTZ and WOI-DT. Named something else now, but it's BISS-E scrambled, they did it the day I was going to give my grandparents the DVR.
After they scambled it I had to think over repointing the whole system (And fixing the smashed 8.5 footer, solid metal dishes rock!) :p :eek:

Needless to say I was furious when "they", be it Luken or Equity, scrambled RTN on the RetroJams transponder. Strongest Vertical signal too.... :( :mad:

the RTN feed on G10 (named RTNTurnAround) changed to something else and as noted above went BISS-E Encrypted

RTN is on 83W now on KU..both E & W feed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts