Talk about not paying attention:

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TimLones111

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Canton, Ohio
As most know from other threads, I just started in FTA within the last week with one 36" dish pointed at Galaxy 18 123 West..While I was looking at several of the network stations and such that were on there, I mainly was wanting RTN stations..I knew of the Equity/RTN problems but figured on that big Satellite there would be one or two RTN's left over.WRONG! In reading through old posts here, I realize now that all the RTN's moved to other satellites..And there is not even one RTN affiliate on there..So much for being aware..LOL..I guess now I have to put the motor up at some point soon..

Last edited:
Yep unless you want only RTN , and maybe some newsfeeds on AMC9 you need a motor.
Or a 2nd stationary dish.

Yep unless you want only RTN , and maybe some newsfeeds on AMC9 you need a motor.
Or a 2nd stationary dish.

I originally had a motor on the dish, but was having a hard time getting it peaked..I just said heck with it and got it lined up where it is now..I still have the motor, so I may look into putting it back on soon.

I thought there was still 1 RTN feed on G10? There was a few weeks ago when I was looking, but maybe it is gone?
I think Iceburg, 'buff and I were discussing in the "Red Notice" thread that it had been labelas both KBTZ and WOI-DT. Named something else now, but it's BISS-E scrambled, they did it the day I was going to give my grandparents the DVR.
After they scambled it I had to think over repointing the whole system (And fixing the smashed 8.5 footer, solid metal dishes rock!) :p :eek:

Needless to say I was furious when "they", be it Luken or Equity, scrambled RTN on the RetroJams transponder. Strongest Vertical signal too.... :( :mad:

the RTN feed on G10 (named RTNTurnAround) changed to something else and as noted above went BISS-E Encrypted

RTN is on 83W now on KU..both E & W feed

Status
Please reply by conversation.