TBS MLB blackout

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sobonefnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
PA
I live 250+ miles from Philadelphia. The Phillies are playing in FLORIDA. Why in the world would TBS black this game out? I am obviously in Pirates territory. This makes no sense.

Dishnetwork Just launch Channel 53 My Network that has Philly Baseball games for the Scranton Wilkes Barre DMA.
Directv Carrys this channel as well , but its on the 103 satellite in SD. So you must have a slimline and HD equipment, Just to get this channel in SD.:rolleyes:

I was able to watch the game via MLB EI. Its just the point that MLB can't define their markets very well.

He is not officially in the Phillies local market, but yet MLB thinks his area should still be blacked out.

Are you sure? Some of the territories are quite large. sobonefnet, what is your zip code?

Dishnetwork Just launch Channel 53 My Network that has Philly Baseball games for the Scranton Wilkes Barre DMA.
Directv Carrys this channel as well , but its on the 103 satellite in SD. So you must have a slimline and HD equipment, Just to get this channel in SD.:rolleyes:

What channel is this SD Channel on that your talking about for Directv??

I hate blackout games, this is a small world why blackout local games. not fair.
clear.gif

Hey bro, check this map for your area. Not sure exactly where you are, but there are parts of PA that are considered both Pirate and Phillies territory. Baseballs local team maps are nuts.

My area is claimed by Washington, Baltimore, Philly, & Pittsburgh!
Sometimes I'm surprised I can watch anything :confused:

Good thing I'm not a fan of any of the local teams!

Hey bro, check this map for your area. Not sure exactly where you are, but there are parts of PA that are considered both Pirate and Phillies territory. Baseballs local team maps are nuts. I live in ASheville, NC and the Reds and Braves are both considered my local team, it's nuts!!!! I'm like 600 miles away from Cincy if I"m not mistaken! lol

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/tools/med/2006/06/ipt/1150742098.jpg

I'm lucky I live in the big city in the Bay Area, only two teams are my local market. I looked at that map. Imagine people who live in Southern Nevada. They have 6 (!!!) teams as part of their "market" (SD, LAD, LAA, AZ, OAK, SF) none are close to Las Vegas.

I'm with you SFGuy. Literally. We are really lucky. I looked at the map and it is a crock. Blackouts for folks who are willing to pony up for EI is a crock. If you are willing to pay for the privilege, they should just give you the games. For example, if I want to watch the Giants vs. the Cubs on a Cubs feed, I'm obviously not a Giants fan. What don't they understand about paying customers? It is even worse if they black out my Cubs game, for example, because the regional or local isn't airing it. Makes no sense to me. I know it is their rules, but it is senseless when you think about it. Then there is the whole Fox exclusive thing on Saturdays that blacks out an awful lot of games for an awful lot of folks. A pox on Fox for that. Do they think I'll watch the game on Fox just because it is the only game on? ESPN also blacks out games on Sundays to a much lesser and tolerable extent. I'm tried of all this protectionist stuff. I believe t would all even out if they would just air it all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts