TDT Count after Master Reset

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Davage

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
On Wednesday night's Sat-Talk Live, Mike Kohl discussed the idea of doing a master reset, BEFORE December 24th (ish) in order to clean up the TDT count on a receiver.

I know that a TDT count of 1920 means that the receiver is FULL and requires a Master Reset.

I am toying with the idea of doing a master reset just to clean things up. My receiver currently has all of the generics, as well as the AI and X4 105West tiles in it. My TDT count is currently 1706.

I'm wondering if I'll gain much (if anything) by doing a master reset.

Does anybody know what the TDT count goes to on a model 922 after a master reset?

My TDT is 1749, never did a MR and don't want too. It could clean things up a bit but right now I have some goodies mapped in that won't come back if I do a MR. now. 1920 is a long way to go from where your at, I wouldn't be concerned. I think after a MR your TDT before any downloads is in the 500's.

It's kinda like blowing your OS away and do a format & reinstall when you may have a few extra files. As long as the receiver is working fine I wouldn't worry about a MR. If they ever add the new mapping for like Denver and beyond and get generics in there it may be time then but not before IMHO.

tvropro - Your TDT count is higher than mine. OK. If you're happy with a TDT count of 1749 and aren't going to do an MR, then I think I'll just leave mine alone with it's current count of 1706.

I've got the AI and new X4 tiles already programmed in. A Master Reset I'm pretty sure would wipe out the AI tile.

I was considering doing an MR because I have some bogus sat icons showing up and they're not in the option 6-4-4 sat listing. Don't know what my TDT count is (since I'm not at home right now). I need to replace my battery in my 922 if 4DTV is continuing, also. Not sure how old the battery is but it's the original.

use to do a mr once a year for fun, didn't do one in over 2 years but did last week cuz I was actually maxed out and didn't even no. I think 1700's is ok, so I don't see a point really.

If I'm reading the screens right, my TDT is 1749 and channel count is 4782. BTW, I wasn't able to get a display of the screens from that document that I downloaded from tvropro's website - I'm using OpenOffice to view the document.

Works fine in Microsoft Word.

Unfortuneatly, M$ uses proprietary crap which makes it incompatible with other platforms. Especially those PowerPoint extensions of ppsx. I'm not giving M$ anymore money so I guess I'll have to do without.

Unfortuneatly, M$ uses proprietary crap which makes it incompatible with other platforms. Especially those PowerPoint extensions of ppsx. I'm not giving M$ anymore money so I guess I'll have to do without.

What else is new with Bill :eek:

I wasn't able to get a display of the screens from that document that I downloaded from tvropro's website - I'm using OpenOffice to view the document.

What version of OO are you using? It works fine for me with version 3.0.1 of Open Office Writer.

Bob in Lone Oak, TX

What version of OO are you using? It works fine for me with version 3.0.1 of Open Office Writer.

Bob in Lone Oak, TX

I have 3.1.1 running on Linux. Here's an example of what I get instead of a screen image:

p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } [FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Figure Error! Style not defined. Error! Bookmark not defined.. Diagnostic Screen B[/FONT]

I have 3.1.1 running on Linux. Here's an example of what I get instead of a screen image:

p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } [FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Figure Error! Style not defined. Error! Bookmark not defined.. Diagnostic Screen B[/FONT]

I didn't create the document. I got it a while back from someone else so I have no clue what they used to create it. It works in Office 2000's Word that is on this PC fine. I also just opened it up in Wordpad and it's fine too. Maybe you need to contact Open Office with the error and see what they suggest. Or try some other reader.

TDT count? where is this found on the dsr-922 (6-4-5-channels? ) What kind of battery does the dsr-922 use and how do you know when it's running low? (my trip Cntr is now 7 channel ct is 4809 ) x4 is not mapped correctly for some reason?

What is this document you are talking about? I do not see it and have open office on my comp. Where to get this document?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)