Team Summit Pics Video and Live Recap!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
A new interface is coming to set top boxes for DISH's VOD stuff! It will make it easier to find what you are looking for.

From the field
Dish is claiming they have new releases 28 days before netflix and rebox. Dishonline with have access to 120,000 movie titles. Watch movies instantly or download to receiver. You can even set your DVR to record from the site.

Are they going to organize the VOD better and improve the content? I've been at friends' houses that have Fios TV and Comcast VOD and the amount of free content they have blows E* away. If I subscribe to the premium channels I should get the ability to download the Pay TV VOD for free.....

Are they going to organize the VOD better and improve the content? I've been at friends' houses that have Fios TV and Comcast VOD and the amount of free content they have blows E* away. If I subscribe to the premium channels I should get the ability to download the Pay TV VOD for free.....
Yes...

BTW I missed it, but they also announced a new IPTV soltuion called DISH World that will launch in June. Only broadband required to watch internationals.

They signed a deal to launch a new HD channel of movies from Sony, and a 3D channel will be available by the end of the year.

DISH will also offer as much 3D as they can get their hands on.

Talking about the world cup now... More people watch the World Cup then the olympics.
Well, if the World Cup is indeed more popular than the Olympics Dish, then GET ESPN 3D!!!! Oh yeah, ESPN lawsuit.... :-(

Jim Defranco and Amir Ahmed come out...

(Now I wont be reporting on what they talk about since it is all dealer sensitive information.)

Thank you guys for being SatelliteGuys, I hope you enjoyed our live coverage. :D

So no announcement for the channels they will be getting in 3d other than Sony?! Boo dish network! Why would they talk about world cup?!

This was neat...

I wasn't actually expecting to do this... but was on the phone with a friend who works for DISH who asked me if I wanted to listen in so I said sure... and thats how I was able to listen in. Someone else actually tried sending me live video using QIX, but it was hard to watch...

Then I had others texting me and emailing me stuff as I was typing...

So we got team summit coverage today that I wasn't expecting. :D

Thanks for everyone for feeding me the stuff.

They want to get their hands on as much 3DHD Content they can, yet they cant even offer all the hd channels that are out there now such as HDRSN'S Full time! Come on Dish! 3DTV is a fad that dish is falling in love with. They want to cater to the high end subs, yet show they say they are the best value to attract lower end subs. Don't know about you, but how many lower end subs have 3DTV's. On top of that the high end subs get nickel-ed and dimed to death, especially those w/ multiple HD Dvr's. Im not buying it. Lets fix what's wrong first, and move on to 3DHD then.

I love how charlie and company say that NFL Redzone was the best thing for them and basically "paraphrasing" that they love sports. Yet they cant even offer the basic local sporting packages to there customers. Yea game time RSN's are great, but what if you want to see a local show like sports night that has local HS football, or even highlights of your local teams. Your SOL when it comes to dish. (Directv is not the answer and I don't want to hear that lame excuse as that's what it is an excuse to substitute where dish is weak)

Its like the Taliban saying "oh we don't want to do terrorism anymore, if you want your terrorists acts, go to the KGB for your new terrorism acts" COME ON!

Some good news in there. I appreciate all of the work Scott.

Although I do have to add that I am bummed about Dish's idea of MRV; slinging is a nice feature, but it is no MRV solution. I think Direct has them beat on this front.

Interesting time to be with dish. The USB slingplayer, how is that going to work? will it be the same thing that is in the 922? We can watch over the internet. Might have to wait to gethe sling pro

They want to get their hands on as much 3DHD Content they can, yet they cant even offer all the hd channels that are out there now such as HDRSN'S Full time! Come on Dish! 3DTV is a fad that dish is falling in love with. They want to cater to the high end subs, yet show they say they are the best value to attract lower end subs. Don't know about you, but how many lower end subs have 3DTV's. On top of that the high end subs get nickel-ed and dimed to death, especially those w/ multiple HD Dvr's. Im not buying it. Lets fix what's wrong first, and move on to 3DHD then.

I love how charlie and company say that NFL Redzone was the best thing for them and basically "paraphrasing" that they love sports. Yet they cant even offer the basic local sporting packages to there customers. Yea game time RSN's are great, but what if you want to see a local show like sports night that has local HS football, or even highlights of your local teams. Your SOL when it comes to dish. (Directv is not the answer and I don't want to hear that lame excuse as that's what it is an excuse to substitute where dish is weak)

Its like the Taliban saying "oh we don't want to do terrorism anymore, if you want your terrorists acts, go to the KGB for your new terrorism acts" COME ON!

Or for the customer who's game is supposed to be in HD but Dish can not show it in HD. The customer who subs to Dish and is unaware that the game might be in HD or might not, you could have a upset customer. Unless I am missing something on the website it does not mention game only on the breakdown of the 200 HD channels (And RSN do show other programming in HD other then games)

But on another note..Cheers to the new HD the Dish Subs will be getting today!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts