Tek2000 Mesh Satellite Pics (Fake Pics ?!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rooneysat

On Vacation
Original poster
Feb 18, 2014
USA
Here are my pics of the 8ft mesh dish I bought from Tek2000.I tried to post in the other thread, but something is wrong with this forum...extremely slow and would not allow me to post.This dish has gone through 2 snow/ice storms this winter and I didn't notice any rust on the body or bolts. The reason I mention this is because my steel dish from sadoun has now become a complete rust box!Also, I got the actuator on a custom mount which lets me scan from 30West to 139West. And I got two LNBS: one is centered and used for C/Ku L/H polarities and the other is offset and used for R/L circular polarities. So I can pretty much pick up everything on the arc.For $349, I highly recommend the dish to other users and it is no "robbie special"! It is a well built product in my opinion!

Attachments

• c_2.jpg
    c_2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 917
  • c_3.jpg
    c_3.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 969
  • c_5.jpg
    c_5.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 850
Thanks for the pics! No offense but I do hope a more established member can get one, review one and post pics seeing that the vast majority of your posts about about this Tek2000 dish. How do we know you don't know you work for or are a shill for Tek2000. In addition looking at your IP address it tells me you are going through an anonymizer service.

We want to believe we really do. And so far Tek2000 is still a mystery. We don't want to see people waste their hard earned money on something which may or may not be real. Again I hope it is.

I am also interested in your custom mount as I would love to scan from 30 west to 139 West. Where do we get details on that?

Are the ribs steel or alluminum? How did you mount this exactly? Maybe its the camera but am seeing a been or warping on the <br>left side of the dish (pic 1). The polar mount looks very close to Sadoun's version. <br><br>Thanks for the pics!<br><br>Cheers, K<br>

For the record, here are the C-Band transponders I CANNOT scan in with this 8ft Dish:

37.4W: 3868 V
43.1W: 3975 V
78.0W: 3885 V

113W and 116.8W: I can scan most but not all transponders. The satellite beam on these birds is pointed towards
Mexico and S. America. Still, it picks up quite a bit. If you are looking for Spanish programming, keep this in mind. The further south you are, the better you reception. I am in the North East.

121W: 4011 V

Everything else listed on lyngsat with a north american footprint I can confirm that it scans in! I can also confirm that there are quite a few other transponders that scan in but not listed on lyngsat. For example, Reelz Movies on 127W - 3828 - H - 19750

As for Ku band, I get most of those transponders too but have not done a complete scan of every bird yet. I can get all the NBC/CNBC/MSNBC stuff on 72West with signal strength over 90%. Pretty much all internationals on 97west scan in, including Press TV. Only issue is with Cozi TV on 103west, but that is a skew issue that everyone has. I was thinking of adding another offest LNB to get Cozi!

The ribs are hollow but I think they are made of steel. The whole dish probably weighs about 50-60lbs. In comparison, by sadoun steel dish weighed over 100lbs.

Besides its better performance, this mesh dish just "looks" a lot better than a grey steel one.

Hmm. Looks nice. Curious what is causing the bricks to show diagonal lines and then later what looks like feathering/brush lines. Also wondering what was edited in the third photo down by the pole. Seems to have had something cropped over it. :confused:

I really want to try to remain optimistic about this..

Guys, whats with all the consipiracy theories? You asked for some pics and I posted. If you think they aren't real, I suggest you ask Tek2000 for a sample dish and do an honest review yourselves.

We have been trying.

I gave your photos to a friend who does digital photography and he tells me the pics are a few years old.

Something just does not smell right about this. :(

You are a liar. I spent about an hour of my time and took those pictures this afternoon.

Anyway, this is my last post on this forum. I don't see any point in taking any more abuse. If this is how you treat your members here, I suggest they find another forum to get information on C Band satellite.

We have been trying.

I gave your photos to a friend who does digital photography and he tells me the pics are a few years old.

Something just does not smell right about this. :(

Scott--Interesting about the age.. That might explain why something appears to have been cropped out in the 3rd photo down by the left of the pole mount. You can see a "block" of rocks cutting into the black tarp, carving out a right angle. Perhaps website/owner watermarking?

No sir it is YOU who is the liar, which is why you are going through an anonymous proxy service.

Look at your pics. Even the crappiest cell phone can take better pictures then that, not to mention the poor editing of the pictures.

So far my gut is saying this is a scam of some type. Somethings not adding up. (My opinion of course)

Anyways have a nice day... somewhere else. :)

Besides going through a proxy server he also used a burner email account from @hushmail.com

Interestingly enough the address where he registered from is a Canadian IP address.

Things that make you go hmm. :D

Well, the only person that could benefit monetarily from this would be Tek2000 themselves. Whoever they are.

Maybe they are simply shilling for themselves, and selling dishes from China. It seems pretty stupid to run a flat-out scam selling c-band dishes of all things! How much money could they hope to make doing that? Not much... Ebay and PayPal would settle their hash quickly, if the product was not delivered or something.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts