Tek2000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think what you are showing is a non polar mount. I could be wrong.
See pic 2, this is an older tek2000 6ft dish, has a polar mount
view

See pic 1, this is the "new" tek2000 6ft dish, has a different mount with no declamation adjuster
Pookah
Could you take closer pictures again.my does look different from my but it hard to tell. I just don't think my would riselike the instructions said it's made to do
Yeah that would be fine for a picture.the direction remind me of some swing set directions

blob.jpg It is raining here, so I borrowed the image from the thread I pointed you to and cropped and added text to it. Hopefully it clears things up for you.

View attachment 128498 It is raining here, so I borrowed the image from the thread I pointed you to and cropped and added text to it. Hopefully it clears things up for you.
Yeah that's pretty clear,my don't look like that.just woke up and plan start tearing down later today. Will keep y'all posted.

I was think of buying from them, with the problems you've had I take it that would be negative review at this point
Well the instructions are not good.they have the instructions of a swing set that you buy at Walmart. It good and very strong build. Don't be scared about buying one but you will run into hickup along the way. One more thing I don't like is that you can't talk to the owner, I think they have phones in Canada

This is my first cband that I put up. I been fooling with ku since the early 90s.just a little bit different animal

Yeah...that's why follow the thread I did on my install as I had the same experiences you did. Folks can learn from what I did that worked right and what didn't work right. Tek certainly needs a better install manual but it's a Chinese made dish so they did that thread I've referenced before on their web site. It was very helpful but not complete.

When you put the dish together assemble it on the ground but leave all the bolts very loose and roll it over to the mount. Elevate the mount until you can get a few bolts in and then slowly wiggle everything around until the bolts line up and then tighten them slowly going around the dish and it should pull into symmetry. I had no luck installing one panel at a time on the mount.

Yeah...that's why follow the thread I did on my install as I had the same experiences you did. Folks can learn from what I did that worked right and what didn't work right. Tek certainly needs a better install manual but it's a Chinese made dish so they did that thread I've referenced before on their web site. It was very helpful but not complete.

When you put the dish together assemble it on the ground but leave all the bolts very loose and roll it over to the mount. Elevate the mount until you can get a few bolts in and then slowly wiggle everything around until the bolts line up and then tighten them slowly going around the dish and it should pull into symmetry. I had no luck installing one panel at a time on the mount.
I was thinking about one at a time l'll wait and see. How heavy is all the panels on s ten footer

Not too heavy. It's just a big dish. I rolled it over to the mount and then had to put a couple of 2x4 pieces of wood under the dish. That lifted the dish enough to get two of the bolts on and then I went behind the dish to hold the dish to the mount at the top of the frame and just pulled backwards and rotated the dish horizontal. Looked like a big bird bath then and that enabled me to get a couple more of the bolts in the frame. If I would of left all the bolts on the dish itself loose and with the threads barely making contact with the nut then the rest of the bolts would of lined up right away. You can see from the pictures in the other thread how some of the bolts wouldn't align with the mount. Once everything was loose it settled right in. And then you snug up the bolts like you would a wheel on your vehicle....little bit at a time in a star pattern.

I did mine a section at a time. Did two (2) at once on the top, as no ladder to reach the top part. That is where I started and finished on the bottom. The last panel was a bit obstinent but did go. Did it all by myself, so it is doable. As said by Arion, don't really want to tighten anything until have it all together. Be careful and pay attention to how the pieces mate, even edges, and it will come together.

Have fun.

I did mine a section at a time. Did two (2) at once on the top, as no ladder to reach the top part. That is where I started and finished on the bottom. The last panel was a bit obstinent but did go. Did it all by myself, so it is doable. As said by Arion, don't really want to tighten anything until have it all together. Be careful and pay attention to how the pieces mate, even edges, and it will come together.

Have fun.
I really to start on it so I'll make my up when the time comes

Tek2000 doesn't have a phone so you can talk man to man, he hides behind his email, so he don't half to listen to you. I been very nice to him and he is doing me this way.

Here's what I found. They went to a lot of trouble to keep their phone number hidden. If you check in the body of the email they sent you, you can locate their IP address and track them down with it and likely get a contact number. No one is invisible on the net. :devilish

Domain Information
Domain:
tek2000.com
Registrar:
1 API GmbH
Registration Date:
2013-10-18
Expiration Date:
2019-10-18
Updated Date:
2017-09-18
ok
Name Servers:
ns1.cybercastco.com
ns2.cybercastco.com
Registrant Contact
Name:
Top Level Domains, S.A. Domain Administration
Organization:
Top Level Domains, S.A.
Street:
Addison House Plaza, piso 1.
City:
Panama
State:
Panama
Postal Code:
6-3783
PA
Phone:
+507.3014896
Email:
19f719b5cf583486a5023c22a13f8aa3674d2f12.png
@sky-ip.com
Administrative Contact
Name:
Organization:
Top Level Domains, S.A.
Street:
City:
Panama
State:
Panama
Postal Code:
6-3783
PA
Phone:
+507.3014896
Email:
@sky-ip.com
Technical Contact
Name:
Organization:
Top Level Domains, S.A.
Street:
City:
Panama
State:
Panama
Postal Code:
6-3783
PA
Phone:
+507.3014896
Email:
@sky-ip.com

Here's what I found.

Domain Information
Domain:
tek2000.com
Registrar:
1 API GmbH
Registration Date:
2013-10-18
Expiration Date:
2019-10-18
Updated Date:
2017-09-18
ok
Name Servers:
ns1.cybercastco.com
ns2.cybercastco.com
Registrant Contact
Name:
Organization:
Top Level Domains, S.A.
Street:
City:
Panama
State:
Panama
Postal Code:
6-3783
PA
Phone:
+507.3014896
Email:
@sky-ip.com
Administrative Contact
Name:
Organization:
Top Level Domains, S.A.
Street:
City:
Panama
State:
Panama
Postal Code:
6-3783
PA
Phone:
+507.3014896
Email:
@sky-ip.com
Technical Contact
Name:
Organization:
Top Level Domains, S.A.
Street:
City:
Panama
State:
Panama
Postal Code:
6-3783
PA
Phone:
+507.3014896
Email:
@sky-ip.com
Guess he would have a high bill every month.lol
I really to start on it so I'll make my up when the time comes

Well I will need a latter,here is where I'm at now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts