Terrible SD picture quality

SD Quality

My D* SD picture quality is significantly better than Voom SD. It's not even close. I am viewing both on Sony 42 inch LCD projection using S video connections.

Martin21

That was my impression, too, after having seen both my parents' DirecTV system on a 27" monitor, and a friend's DirecTV on a 62'' RPTV. So many people here claim Voom to be better than DirecTV in the picture quality department for some reason that I figured I must be missing something, but I'm not so sure. The PQ on both DirecTV systems was outstanding, and it was what I expected when I got Voom. Like you wrote, it's not even close.

Last night I was watching MSNBC on Voom, and a message scrolled by at the top of the screen at the start of every show, saying to call your "cable operator" immediately to avoid loss of service, since the analog feed of MSNBC was being broadcast instead of the digital feed. I switched over to MSNBC on Comcast and that message was not there (and the analog cable version of MSNBC digital looked much better than Voom's "digital" version of MSNBC analog).

Jeff

JEFFinINDY said:
That was my impression, too, after having seen both my parents' DirecTV system on a 27" monitor, and a friend's DirecTV on a 62'' RPTV. So many people here claim Voom to be better than DirecTV in the picture quality department for some reason that I figured I must be missing something, but I'm not so sure. The PQ on both DirecTV systems was outstanding, and it was what I expected when I got Voom. Like you wrote, it's not even close.
Jeff

I agree with you that you must be missing something because I have D*, V* and Comcast cable. I watch them all on my plasma monitor, and my preference is V*. However, I would never say that any of them "is not even close" PQ-wise. Maybe it is just your figure of speech, or maybe your equipment needs calibration or maybe the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. Do you have both (or more) services that you can truly compare under the same conditions and with the same programming?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)