Texas Tech Fires Mike Leach

Man...this get nastier and nastier...! I am starting to believe the coach MORE than this kid and his famous football father.

Texas Tech football trainer contradicts Adam James' story - ESPN

Not me. If anything Leach is an idiot. He should have left the care of this injured player to the doctors. At least he has proven himself to be dangerous and irresponsible by taking on the role of doctor. But IMO he was trying to punish this kid. The money thing is Leach wildly grasping at some sort of defense.

Very interesting- the fans seem to be on Leach's side.

You have to understand Lubbock and Tech. Improper behavior isn't frowned upon there. If Adam James stays in school there, I would be shocked if he isn't mugged or beaten by next season, and the "fans" would be on the attacker's side.

Not me. If anything Leach is an idiot. He should have left the care of this injured player to the doctors. At least he has proven himself to be dangerous and irresponsible by taking on the role of doctor. But IMO he was trying to punish this kid. The money thing is Leach wildly grasping at some sort of defense.
Anybody that thinks it's a coincidence that Leach was due $800k if he was Tech's head coach on 12/31/09 and was fired on 12/30/09 is mistaken.

Having said that, Leach has been in a power struggle with the Regents since his last contract was negotiated. He has a huge ego, and he hates taking direction from anybody.

Yes...Leach IS an idiot because he did not handle this properly. BUT, with that said, the kid is STILL known as a lazy, priviledged kid that wants to do things HIS way...and at the 1st sign that he is not where HE wants to be, he goes crying to daddy.

...and IF you don't think 3/4 millions bucks not paid by the University is no big deal or a "coincidence"....you are really and truly naive to the business of college football.

Yes...Leach IS an idiot because he did not handle this properly. BUT, with that said, the kid is STILL known as a lazy, priviledged kid that wants to do things HIS way...and at the 1st sign that he is not where HE wants to be, he goes crying to daddy.

...according to who?

Sandra

well that surely justifies Leach's actions... NOT. Leach was just attempting character assassination in an attempt to defend his wrong actions. Whatever the kid is or is not is of no consequence. :rolleyes:

well that surely justifies Leach's actions... NOT. Leach was just attempting character assassination in an attempt to defend his wrong actions. Whatever the kid is or is not is of no consequence. :rolleyes:
I agree vurb. If the kid was or was not lazy really does not justify, in my mind, actions that should not have been taken.

I find it amazing that more than likely, this coach has coached like this his entire career at Texas Tech...and NOW, that the team is not winning.....no one likes his style of coaching..?! :haha:haha:haha I bet you one of the main reasons the James family sent their son to Tech was BECAUSE of the current coach....

Where was all this bitching and whinning about his coaching style when they were ranked in the top 5 a couple of years back? :rolleyes:

I find it amazing that more than likely, this coach has coached like this his entire career at Texas Tech...and NOW, that the team is not winning.....no one likes his style of coaching..?! :haha:haha:haha I bet you one of the main reasons the James family sent their son to Tech was BECAUSE of the current coach....

Where was all this bitching and whinning about his coaching style when they were ranked in the top 5 a couple of years back? :rolleyes:

Was he putting kids in lockers and such then? Who knows.

I think he is a good coach, dont know a thing about his character. May be a great guy. I simply do not agree at all with his actions in this case.

Same thing with Mangino at Kansas. When they were winning he was a disciplinarian, when they started losing he was a bully....

EXACTLY my point...
And it may be true. However, we don't have anything to say he was or was not doing the same thing before this came out. There is a difference in discipline, which I have no problem with, and what this appears to be.

If he was doing this before, or something similiar, then I would have a problem with it then as well. Just based on the act of course. I dont care if Tech wins or loses another game.

And it may be true. However, we don't have anything to say he was or was not doing the same thing before this came out. There is a difference in discipline, which I have no problem with, and what this appears to be.

If he was doing this before, or something similiar, then I would have a problem with it then as well. Just based on the act of course. I dont care if Tech wins or loses another game.

I see what you mean...but let's be honest, do you think his style has really changed from night to day in a two year span...?? IF he was as bad as some folks are trying to make him out to be...then MORE would have come out by now....

Whoops, another coach accused of giving a kid a beatdown :rant::

Jim Leavitt has been fired as South Florida's football coach, sources close to the coaching staff have told ESPN.com.

Leavitt has been under investigation by the university for allegedly grabbing and striking special teams player Joel Miller at halftime of a November game against Louisville.

South Florida Bulls fire coach Jim Leavitt - ESPN

Same thing with Mangino at Kansas. When they were winning he was a disciplinarian, when they started losing he was a bully....
Mangino's Obesity has caused him severe mental problems and resulted in his increasingly abusive nature. The University and everyone else saw it growing and finally had enough. I guess you can condemn them for trying to work with him if you want too.

Mangino's Obesity has caused him severe mental problems and resulted in his increasingly abusive nature. The University and everyone else saw it growing and finally had enough. I guess you can condemn them for trying to work with him if you want too.
And I thought fat people were always jolly... :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts